Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The true answer is that it was both. They were a perfect combination.

Brady doesn't look that great down in Tampa, either. And the talent surrounding him on that team is arguably much better than the Pats. But if he was still on the Pats this year, you know they'd be in the playoffs and possibly winning the division.

Every coach needs a good QB to succeed, no matter how good they are. And a QB on their own might win one SB, like Rodgers in GB. But it takes a special combo of coach/QB(/cheating) to win multiple and dominate for 2 decades.

If Belichick gets another QB, his reign certainly isn't over. I'm sure their FO has seen enough of Stidham. They'll either draft a QB or go for a legit FA next year.

I knew Brady wouldn’t just seamlessly move to Tampa. But that being said in first year of that system, a system that’s having him do things differently he still threw for over 4000 yds and 35+ TDs when it’s all said and done...

The odds the Patriots get another top tier QB in the next 3-5 years I feel is doubtful. The Patriots just are not the big shinny carrot they were with Tom Brady. IMO players went there cause Brady, not Belichick. I give him 2 more years....

Any fantasy degenerates out there?

Of course Allen is my QB and got me to the finals with his 37 points at Denver. But his opponent for the championship is the Patriots. Away game, weather game, Belichick defense and the Patriots are stopping nothing on the ground. Allen only tallied 13 points in the first Bills victory because he didn't even need to throw 20 times. On the bench sits Kyler Murray, sitting on the playoff bubble with a meaningful game, home in the dome against QB-ravaged SF and coming off a 400-yard 34-pointer himself.

WWTBDD?

9 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I knew Brady wouldn’t just seamlessly move to Tampa. But that being said in first year of that system, a system that’s having him do things differently he still threw for over 4000 yds and 35+ TDs when it’s all said and done...

The odds the Patriots get another top tier QB in the next 3-5 years I feel is doubtful. The Patriots just are not the big shinny carrot they were with Tom Brady. IMO players went there cause Brady, not Belichick. I give him 2 more years....

But even just a decent QB? A Garrapolo? Carr? Cousins? All of a sudden they'd be in the wild card race again and then who knows. I can see that happening easily next season. Hope it doesn't. 

People's tune would change back to love just as quickly. Fans, especially Pats fans, are mostly a fickle bunch. And they're in shock right now after being so spoiled.

Stidham sucked, so they took a desperate shot with Newton and that obviously sucked. They still won 6, maybe 7 games when all is said and done. 

This season hasn't taken anything away from Belichick, IMO. He's the same ####### coach that we've all known, but people just don't want to put up with it when he's losing. His accomplishments are only marred by cheating. Not gonna blame him for having a great QB.

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

wait wait wait a wait a minute... Your saying BB knows EVERYTHING about EVERY Offensive player in the league? Sorry.. this is a stretch.. BB does what he does just like any other HC. He looks at whos going to be on the field and game plans for it. (Best in league at doing so)  There is nothing special about BB other then that aspect, how he game plans, and half time changes.

Sorry Chandler I respect the heck out of ya but what your saying Is a reach. McD has been a coach in this league for a while himself.. I think your just way out there on this one. Everything your basing on is what is said in Pressers. Little bit of silliness going on here... 

Take a look at B B win loss record over the last 2 decades including playoffs/championships and name one coach that has accomplished more.

Now in my opinion overall record would probably be the best way to determine what coach knows the league and its players best.

With all due respect to everyone that thinks differently, B B record speaks for itself IMO. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Of course Allen is my QB and got me to the finals with his 37 points at Denver. But his opponent for the championship is the Patriots. Away game, weather game, Belichick defense and the Patriots are stopping nothing on the ground. Allen only tallied 13 points in the first Bills victory because he didn't even need to throw 20 times. On the bench sits Kyler Murray, sitting on the playoff bubble with a meaningful game, home in the dome against QB-ravaged SF and coming off a 400-yard 34-pointer himself.

WWTBDD?

I’d play Murray. Last time against the pats was run heavy. Could be the same 

Frisco is hard to run on and Murray looks healthy now. His ceiling may be higher than Allen’s depending on the scoring system you play in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

My point being I don’t think there’s ever been a HC who so thoroughly knows his opponent like him. Of course he’s an a-hole. McDermott can’t hold a candle to Darth for knowledge of his next opponent. If a guy didn’t play with Philly or Carolina, Sean is all ‘Who?😳🤓’ 

What did he say about the Bills that impressed you? Everything he said seemed pretty general and are things that everyone knows.

Belichick is obviously a great coach, but if you are using his press conferences as evidence of that, I think you are missing the mark.

And McDermott has shown plenty of times his ability to adjust and gameplan. He wrote the script on how to beat the Ravens (even in a loss) that other teams have followed since. He for sure knows his opponents well.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m more fired up about this game than any game I think this year.....

1. The Pats almost beat the Bills earlier this year at home.

2. It’s a Monday night game.

3. We just won the AFCE and now play the team that basically held that title for 2 decades. Now is the time to prove it one week removed. 

4. The heartache over these 2 decades and the need to just go after this team won’t go away for a long while.

You know they are gonna be ready and want to show that they are still on top of the AFCE even though they are not.

I hope these players are fired up to slap this team in the face on national tv at their house.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

37 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

WWTBDD?

I’m in the same boat in a 2QB league. Tough decision but I think I’m going Baker and Hurts. 

I think BB is gonna do more of what he did last time but in different fashion. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Figster said:

Take a look at B B win loss record over the last 2 decades including playoffs/championships and name one coach that has accomplished more.

Now in my opinion overall record would probably be the best way to determine what coach knows the league and its players best.

With all due respect to everyone that thinks differently, B B record speaks for itself IMO. 

Belichick* probably has every player's confidential medical files, bank account, and credit info, photocopies of their diaries, and if there are any catholic players, I assume he has recordings of their last confession.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think Garoppolo ends up in New England next year, that should be interesting.. It’s no secret that the 9ers are going to let him go.. it will be interesting to see what the Patriots look like next year..

I agree and think there issues are much deeper than Cam. They have absolutely zero weapons of any kind right now, and without the lure of Brady recruiting is so much harder for them. Players are looking to do one year prove it deals now w the Chiefs , Bills etc. I think they will be were we have been, in the middle of perpetual mediocrity for a few years

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

WWTBDD?

Ugh...that's tough and I hate relying on Bills players for fantasy, especially the championship. Seems like bad juju. 

I'm also in the championship, but playing against the team who has Allen/Diggs.

I recommend starting Murray.🤷‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

WWTBDD?

Dance with who brung ya.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All of these players sound like mini-McDermotts.  It’s amazing what he has instilled.  The Buffalo Bills are a freight train that has only just begun building up steam.  Enjoy the ride, brothers.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1