TBD handles the LOAD Good job SDS

758 on line at 7:59  Next milestone  5,000 member who will it be???

315493[/snapback]

I didn't do anything other than archive posts and optimize the dB this morning....

With that said - everything went very well today. Had a few "server busy" messages, but those occured because of the arbitrary threshold I put in to help the server recover when the load goes up.

However, I am VERY puzzled how things went so well when the load was pushing 15... That should have brought everything to a stand still yet the pages were being served with a minimal wait. I hope someone can enlighten me there.

There were ~100 more peak readers this year than last year which is pretty good considering our lack of 1st rounders today.

I don't believe other boards fared as well today. It's nice being on the good side of that situation for once. :w00t: That could explain the higher visitor number.

I don't believe other boards fared as well today.  It's nice being on the good side of that situation for once.  :w00t: That could explain the higher visitor number.

315541[/snapback]

And the spike in registered users who will forever remain at "Posts: 1" just so they could chime in with "Yeah! What he said."

I was moving around the boards to see Bills fans opinions as the draft went on and among the 3 boards I visited, this one was the smoothest in getting on. One board was super slow to get in, the other board told me the server was too busy & to come back later. This board was smooth sailing all day long. Whatever you've done worked, no crashes, fast access.