the huddle report on everett

nodnarb

Kevin is a big strong kid with the frame to get bigger. He is just starting to get comfortable at the TE position and has tremendous upside to his game. He has good hands and he gives good effort when blocking. Kevin is very quick off the line and tries to run routes and block exactly how he the coaches tell him to. On film, you can see the concentration on his face and the need to help his team. This need jumps out at you and smacks you right in the face as he blocks and runs his routes.

Needs to Improve

Kevin is a tadpole right now. He has very good athletic talent, but needs more confidence, experience and reps to get better. I have no doubt that he will accomplish this.

Bottom Line

Kevin is a Pro Bowler waiting to happen. He will need some time to develop so the team that picks him will have to be patient. I’m not so sure of his hands at this point because the QB that throws to him does not have a big time arm, but something tells me that he will work very hard to improve and eliminate this question mark. Kevin, at times, lunges for the ball and also lets it get into his body and this causes him to drop some passes. He has good hands so his problems can be rectified with hard work and better concentration and patience on his part to wait for the ball. Kevin, on film, looks to be the quiet type who works harder than anyone else to succeed. He has quick feet and good balance and likes to block. He is quick and fast and big and I believe that Kevin in a few years will be one of the best in the league. He will be a core player for his team and a fan favorite and a Pro Bowl player. Remember where you heard it first.

Amazing how different publications have different takes. PFW likes him, but doesn't seem to be as taken with him as the Huddle guys:

Pro Football Weekly draft guide:

Positives - Very well sculpted with good muscle development and thick limbs. Can get separation and stretch the field. Looks the part. Very impressive on the hoof. Has a 39.5 inch vertical jump. Can make acrobatic catches. Gets into his blocks quickly. Was challenged by Kellen Winslow to a footrace in practice and beat him. Good competitor. Can change direction well and get in and out of his cuts. Quick off the line and can sink his hips and separate. Very good body control to adjust. Moves his feet to sustain blocks and can chip and seal. Big upside.

Negatives - Does not have natural hands and will double-catch the ball and drop more than he should. Not instinctive. Does not show great awareness and will make too many concentration drops. Not a great route runner. Can improve working zones to get open. Not very sudden. Lacks great football intelligence. Not a great base blocker.

Summary - One of the most physically impressive players in the draft, but football skills have a long way to go to catch up with his raw athletic ability. Will need a lot of polishing and won't be ready to play right away. Teams say he would be a great value in the third round, but his athletic ability will get him drafted in the second.

give me a break. neither one of these 2 worthless draft picks will see any significant time this season.... Parish will probably start the season off on IR.... and everett won't be active for more than 5 games.

give me a break.  neither one of these 2 worthless draft picks will see any significant time this season....  Parish will probably start the season off on IR.... and everett won't be active for more than 5 games.

315504[/snapback]

....alright, well what's the bad news?

:w00t: