EVERETT!

Kmac

:w00t:

315353[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that :w00t: is right. I like the two picks themselves, but in the context of the team's needs, particularly the OL, I have at least some reservations about this draft to this point. I can't help but feel that this OL is really going to come back to bite us this season. Then again, maybe the Bills felt this OL draft class really sucked, but I still think its going to be painful to watch unless Donahoe can either hit a home run with a day 2 pick or find another decent FA.

Unfortunately,  I can't help but feel that  :w00t: is right.  I like the two picks themselves,  but in the context of the team's needs,  particularly the OL,  I have at least some reservations about this draft to this point.  I can't help but feel that this OL is really going to come back to bite us this season.  Then again,  maybe the Bills felt this OL draft class really sucked,  but I still think its going to be painful to watch unless Donahoe can either hit a home run with a day 2 pick or find another decent FA.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Bills think the group they have will do well? :w00t:

another genius a 12 on wonderlic LOL draft one more hurricane and our playbook will only have 3 plays for 05

315356[/snapback]

If we draft two more Canes, their cumulative score will equal Alex Smith's.

That's certainly possible,  but I've heard it before and with this team,  it can usually be described as famous last words.

That was in the past, when the Bills didn't have a real O-line coach. Last year McNally was coming in and had to teach everyone things from the ground up. Now they've had a year under him, and he's been able to add some more players.

That was in the past, when the Bills didn't have a real O-line coach.  Last year McNally was coming in and had to teach everyone things from the ground up.  Now they've had a year under him, and he's been able to add some more players.

315443[/snapback]

A good OL coach helps, but McNally is not a miracle worker. A quick look at his 2003 NY Giants OL is a testament to that. He needs talent to work with and I'm not too sure there's an abundance of it on the Bills current OL.

A good OL coach helps,  but McNally is not a miracle worker.  A quick look at his 2003 NY Giants OL is a testament to that.  He needs talent to work with and I'm not too sure there's an abundance of it on the Bills current OL.

True, but here's definitely more than there was on that Giants roster, and there's a lot more depth as well. When injuries hit the Giant's O-line, their already bad O-line became horrible.

That was in the past, when the Bills didn't have a real O-line coach.  Last year McNally was coming in and had to teach everyone things from the ground up.  Now they've had a year under him, and he's been able to add some more players.

315443[/snapback]

One part of me agrees, and then the other part has me thinking of when Sherlock Holmes said, "You can't make bricks without clay."

another genius a 12 on wonderlic LOL draft one more hurricane and our playbook will only have 3 plays for 05

315356[/snapback]

***CONFIDENTIAL***

Buffalo Bills 2005 Popup Playbook

Ch1 - Curious George runs an out pattern

Ch2 - See Willis. See Willis take ball. Run Willis Run!

Unfortunately,  I can't help but feel that  :D is right.  I like the two picks themselves,  but in the context of the team's needs,  particularly the OL,  I have at least some reservations about this draft to this point.  I can't help but feel that this OL is really going to come back to bite us this season.  Then again,  maybe the Bills felt this OL draft class really sucked,  but I still think its going to be painful to watch unless Donahoe can either hit a home run with a day 2 pick or find another decent FA.

315386[/snapback]

I think that what we're missing here is that the Bills offense lacked speed. Aside from Evans, where were the downfield threats for the team?

Moulds is more of a power guy, and Aiken, Reed and Campbell only encouraged defenses to load up the box.

The team had a need to threaten the deep middle of the defense to move the safeties and linebackers off the ball. These two picks meet that need. This will give McGahee more room to operate.

And if the Bills don't get a OT in the draft, Donahoe will grab Walker or Shelton after June 1st. Would you rather McNally work with one of these former 1st round picks or with a rookie like Adam Terry? To me, I slightly favor the veterens.