WGR Commercials

Captain Caveman

I've been listening to a fair amount of WGR in the mornings during the week and sometimes will catch up if I missed some of it using the podcast version.  They run a commercial for a show (which I assume is pretty dumb based on the commercial / concept) constantly about a woman donating a kidney to a guy.  

Anyway, last night my 5 year old son out of nowhere just started asking my wife "Guess who's getting a kidney!?!" and she was pretty freaked out.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I've been listening to a fair amount of WGR in the mornings during the week and sometimes will catch up if I missed some of it using the podcast version.  They run a commercial for a show (which I assume is pretty dumb based on the commercial / concept) constantly about a woman donating a kidney to a guy.  

Anyway, last night my 5 year old son out of nowhere just started asking my wife "Guess who's getting a kidney!?!" and she was pretty freaked out.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/b-positive/

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Thats pretty funny actually lol. I know that stupid commercial well 

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Master Dorito

Been trying to figure out for years what they say in the jingle.

Because, because, because or become, become, become?

It's become!  I still don't know what that means.

Cobra Kai and Mi Yago Do would beat the **** out of these guys.  This is over the top and cheesy.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Listening to Maddie Glab is quite painful. 

I can only take about 30 seconds before my ears start hurting. 

FYI: Maddi is not on One Bills Drive regularly anymore.  It is Tasker and Chris Brown.  She will occasionally do a call in segment, and if Brown or Tasker are out, she might fill in...but not all the time. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Radio.com is buggy trash. A total crash-fest. Won't play when you want but will start playing at random times when you don't want it. And when I do listen one mic level is red hot and the other is a whisper.

There is all of that (though I haven't had "crash" problems with it in a long time), but the one that really pisses me off is that, when listening on the phone app (I listen OBD for an hour every day on my lunch break) the commercials will just randomly play, while they are in the middle of a segment or interview.  As in, not at a scheduled commercial time.  It is pretty frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

There is all of that (though I haven't had "crash" problems with it in a long time), but the one that really pisses me off is that, when listening on the phone app (I listen OBD for an hour every day on my lunch break) the commercials will just randomly play, while they are in the middle of a segment or interview.  As in, not at a scheduled commercial time.  It is pretty frustrating. 

Yup. The app is determined to play those commercials, even if it has to interrupt programming. And have you ever had the commercials play endlessly? Like the app gets caught in a loop and doesn't know where to end?

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yup. The app is determined to play those commercials, even if it has to interrupt programming. And have you ever had the commercials play endlessly? Like the app gets caught in a loop and doesn't know where to end?

Not recently, but I have had that in the past...at that point I just log off of it.

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

FYI: Maddi is not on One Bills Drive regularly anymore.  It is Tasker and Chris Brown.  She will occasionally do a call in segment, and if Brown or Tasker are out, she might fill in...but not all the time. 

FYI: I rarely listen and only heard her recently.

Nails scraping a chalkboard isn't much worse.

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

FYI: I rarely listen and only heard her recently.

Nails scraping a chalkboard isn't much worse.

Yes, she may pop up occaisionally, but Tasker and Brown are the regular hosts.  I know people have problems with both of them...but I actually think Brown brings a bit of energy to the show, and he has made Tasker better.  I kinda like both of them.  John Murhphy was just too low energy to host that show on a daily basis. Brown is pretty knowledgable about the Bills, and the league.  He may not know the game of football like an ex-player, but he knows the leauge. Probably not unlike most fans in that regard.  But that is what Tasker is there for.

ps- come to think of it, I believe there was a day recently where Tasker was scheduled to be off, and Brown had couldn't make it, because of a funeral.  I heard them mention that...I would assume Maddy filled in that day.  She really wouldn't be so bad if she would just shorten her sentences a little...she does that thing Costas used to do (though he was better at it) where she tries to stuff every nuance of a topic into every question, and after a while, you forget what they were talking about.  

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.