Canceling student loans

shoshin

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It’s the 8th circuit putting an emergency stay on it.

you can read the entire ruling here:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ca8.109302/gov.uscourts.ca8.109302.805045608.0.pdf

It’ll take you 10 seconds.

its interesting as this is for the SAVE plan. Presidents in the past have been allowed to change plans. Bush, Trump and Obama all did it.

This is now destined for the Supreme Court. Would totally change student loans if the SC finds the President cant change plans.

I think the interest part of this ruling that the other court rulings didn’t do was it blocked the cap on monthly repayment at 5 percent from the 10 percent it was (depending on plan).

Toss everyone’s loans on administrative forbearance into SCOTUS determines. Gets everyone closer to their 10 or 20 years without making payments. This highlight to the several million voters that Republicans just made their monthly student loan payment increase.

Biden also announced another $2 billion in PSFL forgiveness today.

Also this effects $5.5 billion of the $168.5 billion forgiven.

In short, you believe the 8th circuit is wrong. Got it. 

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In short, you believe the 8th circuit is wrong. Got it. 

They granted a stay. I can’t disagree with any argument saying Biden is wrong because they haven’t ruled it.

It probably sucks for the people who had cancellation since their debt would be at max $12,000 I believe, but overall 97 percent of Biden’s student loan forgiveness is still granted.