OT - Would like opinions on flat-Screen TVs

stuckincincy

My 20 inch cheap box is dying. Because of the layout of my living room, and that 2 walls have near-floor to ceiling windows (leaving only one logical place to site a tv), how do the flat-screen tube tv's compare to the regular ones regarding glare and reflection? I'm not considering plasma, lcd, etc.

Thanks.

My 20 inch cheap box is dying.  Because of the layout of my living room, and that 2 walls have near-floor to ceiling windows (leaving only one logical place to site a tv), how do the flat-screen tube tv's compare to the regular ones regarding glare and reflection? I'm not considering plasma, lcd, etc.

Thanks.

23529[/snapback]

Sony Wega. If you want HDTV or regular the Wega's are the best out there. You pay a couple more dollars, but who cares.

Talk to Erynthered, he will explain. He went through this a few months back.

Sony Wega.  If you want HDTV or regular the Wega's are the best out there.  You pay a couple more dollars, but who cares. 

Talk to Erynthered, he will explain.  He went through this a few months back.

23533[/snapback]

My sister just bought a Sony Wega 24 inch for $297, including tax . The picture and sound quality is fantastic.

Sony Wega.  If you want HDTV or regular the Wega's are the best out there.  You pay a couple more dollars, but who cares. 

Talk to Erynthered, he will explain.  He went through this a few months back.

23533[/snapback]

Thanks, VA. How does the flat screen vs. the "normal" parabolic screen perform regarding glare and reflection problems? Better or worse?

Thanks, VA. How does the flat screen vs. the "normal" parabolic screen perform regarding glare and reflection problems? Better or worse?

23556[/snapback]

Much better. I really don't have glare problems, and mine sits next to glass doors leading to the deck. I also have 3 windows and 2 skylights in the room.

23556[/snapback]

VA led me the right way on this one stuck. I bought a 36 flat wega, sweet. I dont have any glare or reflection problems where I have set my TV. I love it, and its priced right.

And I still have my claymores. :)

23643[/snapback]

You don't even know what one is. I on the other hand know where to get them and know how to use them. But for a single person, way too much work. .308 from 500 yards is much better. Difficult to determine direction of shot and gives time to get away. :pirate:

You don't even know what one is.  I on the other hand know where to get them and know how to use them.  But for a single person, way too much work.  .308 from 500 yards is much better.  Difficult to determine direction of shot and gives time to get away.  :pirate:

23646[/snapback]

What in the world makes you think I don't know what a claymore mine is? Believe it or not, there was intelligence on this planet before you were born. I only wish I had a Davy Crockett. Ever heard of that one? :)

What in the world makes you think I don't know what a claymore mine is?  Believe it or not, there was intelligence on this planet before you were born.  I only wish I had a Davy Crockett. Ever heard of that one? :)

23695[/snapback]

Ever here of the game Jim Bowie used to like to play, when he had a problem with someone? :w00t::pirate: