Why was there no trade up for Khalif Barnes?

Ralonzo

When Khalif Barnes fell past 40, 45, things started getting interesting at the NFL draft. None of the teams between 45 and JAX at 52 (and CAR at 54) needed a LT, and by the time we hit the Minnesota pick at 49, the draft value of giving up our 2nd and 4th to move up and draft our starting LT for the next 4 years had tipped to our favor. Minny picked, St. Louis picked, Green Bay picked.

I posit that TD could have made the deal happen to any of those 3 clubs. To believe they all would have turned it down stretches credulity. I'd love to hear a rationale, did they try to make it happen, did they try but not hard enough, or is the brain trust just completely unaware than Dylan McFarlane is currently #1 on the depth chart at LT?

Giving a 2 and 4 to secure a LT with solid 1st round value and filling the biggest hole on the roster makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than drafting a 3rd (or 4th) receiver and return man on a team that just sent their return man to the Pro Bowl.

When Khalif Barnes fell past 40, 45, things started getting interesting at the NFL draft. None of the teams between 45 and JAX at 52 (and CAR at 54) needed a LT, and by the time we hit the Minnesota pick at 49, the draft value of giving up our 2nd and 4th to move up and draft our starting LT for the next 4 years had tipped to our favor. Minny picked, St. Louis picked, Green Bay picked.

I posit that TD could have made the deal happen to any of those 3 clubs. To believe they all would have turned it down stretches credulity. I'd love to hear a rationale, did they try to make it happen, did they try but not hard enough, or is the brain trust just completely unaware than Dylan McFarlane is currently #1 on the depth chart at LT?

Giving a 2 and 4 to secure a LT with solid 1st round value and filling the biggest hole on the roster makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than drafting a 3rd (or 4th) receiver and return man on a team that just sent their return man to the Pro Bowl.

315180[/snapback]

It would be interesting to know if the Bills pursued a trade for Barnes. I wonder where they had him rated? He sure looked like a player that could help us immediately.

"You have 1 Private messages

BledsoeNTheBoyz:

bledsoe will be a lot better when he's not playing behind the Bills O Line. Lemme know how Losman finishes out, if he makes it through more than one game. "

:w00t: