Happy Pitt lost yesterday & didn't want them unbeaten vs. Buffalo

Maybe I just dislike Pitt so much and think they were as bad an 11-0 team as I there was, feeding off an easy schedule and things just going their way.

I want them to lose every week, so that's my bias.

I did not want Buffalo to be the one to break the streak in week 14. 

I want Buffalo to beat them when there is no added incentive (outside playoff seeding & home field).  

JMHO.   

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Simply I did not want 16-0 in play and the Steelers 12-0 and every team (proverbially) gunning for them.

I want the Bills to win Mano a Mano with nothing extra on the line.

To me the storyline will be Pitt bouncing back this week after two topsy-turvy weeks (and schedule changes affecting them) and showing they are SB co-favorites (with KC).

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I do think they’re gonna play with some extra fire now against us... they’re angry about losing to the ‘Skins.

BUT, will it be enough to overcome all of their injuries on defense?  I dunno...

Maybe.  Could be demoralizing too.  Oakland let one loss almost turn into 3.  Also short week so any distraction helps (worry for us is we get to high on ourselves).

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Maybe I just dislike Pitt so much and think they were as bad an 11-0 team as I there was, feeding off an easy schedule and things just going their way.

I want Buffalo to beat them when there is no added incentive (outside playoff seeding & home field).  

JMHO.   

I feel exactly the opposite.

The unbeaten streak added pressure.

Next week they will be a tougher out because of it. However, if last nights Bills team shows up, we trounce them!

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Maybe.  Could be demoralizing too.  Oakland let one loss almost turn into 3.  Also short week so any distraction helps (worry for us is we get to high on ourselves).

I don't really see that with this team. We've had some quality victories this year and some tough losses. I think they truly take it game by game, week by week, like everything is a one game season almost. There is a difference between being confident in what we are doing and what guys we have doing it versus being overconfident where you set yourself up for failure. These guys are hungry. They want to win now. They want to win in January, and possibly February, more so than anything. They've listened to the doubters all year long and it just seems to fuel the fire. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I don't really see that with this team. We've had some quality victories this year and some tough losses. I think they truly take it game by game, week by week, like everything is a one game season almost. There is a difference between being confident in what we are doing and what guys we have doing it versus being overconfident where you set yourself up for failure. These guys are hungry. They want to win now. They want to win in January, and possibly February, more so than anything. They've listened to the doubters all year long and it just seems to fuel the fire. 

I agree not likely, just a worry (cant cure all my BBFS).  We are coming and this is gonna be A LOT of fun in the coming weeks (this was my line before the bye). 

Edited by YattaOkasan

So you're saying if the Bills would beat them when they are undefeated it would be a lesser victory because the Bills would have additional motivation?

That's... pretty dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

So you're saying if the Bills would beat them when they are undefeated it would be a lesser victory because the Bills would have additional motivation?

That's... pretty dumb.

He definitely likes to go against the grain.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

JMHO.   

Thumbs Down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I don’t understand why others wanted an undefeated Steeler team to come to Buffalo.  I want the Steelers to lose and lose again and again.   A 2 seed is possible.   Bills need to put off a potential date with KC as long as possible. 

because people wanted the Bills to end the unbeaten streak