TBD is big time! Quoted in Buffalo News about Bills and upcoming prime time/national games

YoloinOhio

I agree that I prefer the 1pm starts all the time. Give me one, HOME primetime game per year and thats fine.  When I was a teenager I would have loved night games all the time, but honestly by the time I got to be in my mid-20's, I was fine with 1pm.

Its not that I don't want the Bills to get national attention..but honestly if they make the playoffs they WILL get that national attention.  I have just gotten so much busier with my life that the 1pm Sunday games slot in so much better...at least for me personally.

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My problem is that I’d be watching whatever MNF game is on either way, it’s the emotional come down after a bills game liable to keep me up for 6 extra hours. 

My wife gets up at 5:30 am and often asks me why I have not gone to bed after SNF and MNF games with Bills.  Fortunately I do not start work until 5 PM.

After 20 years of never sniffing a prime time game and always bitching about the lack of attention and respect we get, the Bills are firmly in the national spotlight and now we lament the loss of our 1PM time slots with Ian Eagle, Adam Archibald, Solomon Wilcots and the rest of CBS' misfit toys.  The grass is eternally brown.

• Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

After 20 years of never sniffing a prime time game and always bitching about the lack of attention and respect we get, the Bills are firmly in the national spotlight and now we lament the loss of our 1PM time slots with Ian Eagle, Adam Archibald, Solomon Wilcots and the rest of CBS' misfit toys.  The grass is eternally brown.

Come on Jaur - yer not gonna miss Ian and Solomon tonight?????  Sadly I agree with you the grass IS permanently brown!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Come on Jaur - yer not gonna miss Ian and Solomon tonight?????  Sadly I agree with you the grass IS permanently brown!!!!!

Of course I will.  20 years running, its Stockholm syndrome at this point. We miss the comfort of our quiet, 1 PM, low profile games.

I think the idea vs reality of primetime games are very different animals.  Beginning of the year, the sound of MNF and SNF is awesome.  Then the week of it sets in that I still have to go to work the next day.  And now after the Chiefs and Titans showings, another primetime game scares me.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It's why we can't have nice time slots.

On West Coast time, of course, it's 5:15, which is a great time for MNF unless you're stuck in traffic on the way home, which I never am. ;)

With four straight national games, Josh is about to get asked for a lot of interviews, and a good chance he is a national superstar in a month. Something unthinkable to most people six months ago.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's why we can't have nice time slots.

On West Coast time, of course, it's 5:15, which is a great time for MNF unless you're stuck in traffic on the way home, which I never am. ;)

With four straight national games, Josh is about to get asked for a lot of interviews, and a good chance he is a national superstar in a month. Something unthinkable to most people six months ago.

Kelly, I so hope this becomes the truth. It's time to shut the haters up that were flat out wrong about Allen once and for all.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think the Buffalo News selecting quotes from TBD is more of an indictment of the lack of creativity against the Buffalo News then credit to TBD.

It shows someone from Buffalo news perhaps has taken an interest to whats being said on TBD.

The site itself is one of the best places to find the latest Bills news and often times an outside the box opinion you may not find anywhere else IMO.

If its Bills related, we find it, post it,  and then dissect it  

43 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think people are complaining now...becasue they are changing their mind and just want something to complain about.

I like the 1pm starts...I did years ago when the Bills were bad, I still do now when they are getting national attention.  The people 'lamenting' the loss of 1pm starts, that is nothing new. Most of those people are ones who always preferend the 1pm starts.

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

It shows someone from Buffalo news perhaps has taken an interest to whats being said on TBD.

The site itself is one of the best places to find the latest Bills news and often times an outside the box opinion you may not find anywhere else IMO.

If its Bills related, we find it, post it,  and then dissect it  

Then why even read the Buffalo News, just come to TBD for non-nonsensical emotional fan takes, I dont need the Buffalo News to ferret them out for me.

One micro-example of how newspapers becoming increasingly irrelevant.

48 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Exactly.

Bill fans used to love to whine and complain about all the Patriot prime time games and what an alleged advantage it was.  And now that we have them,. on cue, people are complaining.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I’ve never Gotten onboard with the prime time envy.  I buy SundayTicket, it kills my marginal cost per game rationale. Give me 16 wins a year on Sunday at 1... I’m good. 

happy with their only prime time game being the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Then why even read the Buffalo News, just come to TBD for non-nonsensical emotional fan takes, I dont need the Buffalo News to ferret them out for me.

One micro-example of how newspapers becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Exactly.

Bill fans used to love to whine and complain about all the Patriot prime time games and what an alleged advantage it was.  And now that we have them,. on cue, people are complaining.

You need writers capable of finding a good story and If theres not one, make it.

I know I would come here to TBD to look for idea's...

I don't mean to brag, but our fearless leader SDS can go deep and really bring it when he wants to IMO.

Edited by Figster