TBD is big time! Quoted in Buffalo News about Bills and upcoming prime time/national games

YoloinOhio

Bills and fans get national spotlight, but there's still nostalgia for those 1 p.m. Sunday games

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-and-fans-get-national-spotlight-but-theres-still-nostalgia-for-those-1-p-m/article_493a9cd6-367c-11eb-8a58-cfee1cd555bd.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

But while many players are excited to step into the national spotlight, some fans are complaining about the upcoming stretch, as evidenced on the popular fan message board

TwoBillsDrive.com.

A selection of comments from one thread:

"My Sunday's 1:00 pm Buffalo slot is now in shambles!!!!"

"I like the 1 pm Sunday kickoff. Going to work the morning after a Bills primetime game is rough."

"Already told the boss that next Tuesday I'll be in late around 9:30am after my 'dentist appointment.'"

"I for one, would be happy to never, ever see another Buffalo Bills MNF, SNF game. I like 1p Sunday just fine. Unless it is a compelling MNF/SNF game, I don't watch. I dislike TNF immensely. 1p Sunday is the natural biorhythm of Buffalo Bills football."

I like having this problem though as it means we are on to great things."

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

At least they didn’t quote any of the Covid threads... 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Gugny said:

People act like the game gets over at 2am.

Bunch of old farts here, falling asleep in their lazy boy chairs at quarter to ten...

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lagoon Blues said:

My 4:45AM alarm is pretty jarring after a full Monday night game.  Must be that makes me old.

I don't think it has anything to do with age.  I get up at 5:45am.  No big deal; I just know I'll be tired tomorrow.

People need to get used to this. Plus all of these primetime games the Bills are getting show that Beane and McDermott are doing a good job in rebuilding the Bills. Wait until next year (hopefully things are back to normal) when fans are going to be leaving the stadium after a primetime game. Think of what time you will be getting home from that. At least this year you can watch it from home and then go right to bed. Its the price fans have to pay when their team is good.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My problem is that I’d be watching whatever MNF game is on either way, it’s the emotional come down after a bills game liable to keep me up for 6 extra hours. 

Win or Lose.  
Any loss is much worse at this time of the season with the playoffs 6 weeks away.  Every game matters.  
The Wins are generally OK, but it gets real exciting when we play the top teams and a W is nice against say the Pats* or in this case the Steelers next week.  

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ha!  what did the dentist do to you??? You look awful and smell like a brewery! 

My dentist is old school.  He gives me a shot of whiskey ever 15 minutes. John Henry "Doc" Holliday was an ancestor of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1