"I'll develop some disease and say I have to resign."

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

There were multiple levels of failure which had nothing to do with Trump and which Hillary's admin would have failed at as well.  Which is the honesty point you can't get around.

Again, you have no idea what would have happened with Clinton and:  it does not matter.  What matters is what the guy in the position to lead did.  And he screwed up.

It is apparent you don’t think personal responsibility matters.  I think the lack of personal responsibility, the refusal of people to stand up for their actions, is one of the biggest ills in society today.  And no one personifies it more that Trump.  Couldn’t take responsibility for his Covid response, can’t take responsibility for losing.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have no idea what you’re trying to get at.  Leaders are responsible for their decisions and their actions.  Hell,  EVERYONE has responsibility for their own decisions.  I just said today Cuomo should get voted out because he screwed up.  The difference between you and me is that you are so enchanted by a con man you excuse anything he does and you think it’s Ok for him to say he has no responsibility for over 250k people dying in this pandemic.

You know perfectly well as to what I am talking about.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Again, you have no idea what would have happened with Clinton and:  it does not matter.  What matters is what the guy in the position to lead did.  And he screwed up.

It is apparent you don’t think personal responsibility matters.  I think the lack of personal responsibility, the refusal of people to stand up for their actions, is one of the biggest ills in society today.  And no one personifies it more that Trump.  Couldn’t take responsibility for his Covid response, can’t take responsibility for losing.

I have a very good idea what would have happened with Hillary as President.  I've already stated it.

And I think personal responsibility is very important.  That's why I'm no longer a Dem. 

Just now, Doc said:

I have a very good idea what would have happened with Hillary as President.  I've already stated it.

And I think personal responsibility is very important.  That's why I'm no longer a Dem. 

So you can just conjure up what would have happened in an administration that never administered?  Interesting.  In October 2016 did you conjure up that an American President, when faced with a national crisis, would say on national TV that he takes no responsibility?

I almost have to laugh.  If I had a nickel for every time Trump fans defend his stupidity by saying:  Well, what about Hillary? I’d be rich.

So you can just conjure up what would have happened in an administration that never administered?  Interesting.  In October 2016 did you conjure up that an American President, when faced with a national crisis, would say on national TV that he takes no responsibility?

I almost have to laugh.  If I had a nickel for every time Trump fans defend his stupidity by saying:  Well, what about Hillary? I’d be rich.

Yup. 

So you knew Trump would abdicate responsibility then.  Good for you to acknowledge that.

I've learned not to listen to Trump's words.  Much let get my panties in a twist over everything single thing he says.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So now we should ignore the words of the president.  Did you do so with Obama?  Will you do so with Biden?

Just ignore all the awful crap Trump says and does, and remember he's getting you all those judges and tax cuts you want.🙄

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So now we should ignore the words of the president.  Did you do so with Obama?  Will you do so with Biden?

He is proving he can't do that by being here talking about it. 

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've learned not to listen to Trump's words.  Much let get my panties in a twist over everything single thing he says.

That's a lie b.c you get all pissy when people talk about him.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

With all this outrage over allegations against Biden I assume you both voted 3rd party then?

I voted Trump x2.  Reluctantly the first time. 

As for outrage, Biden is who he is—a powerful man who takes liberties with the women and children whenever he can.  The bigger issue I have is the men that allowed them to be groped so they could go off and brag about how close they all were to Biden. Again, it’s textbook enablement, and Biden’s explanation classic victim-shaming.  

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I voted Trump x2.  Reluctantly the first time. 

As for outrage, Biden is who he is—a powerful man who takes liberties with the women and children whenever he can.  The bigger issue I have is the men that allowed them to be groped so they could go off and brag about how close they all were to Biden. Again, it’s textbook enablement, and Biden’s explanation classic victim-shaming.  

It's like you are describing Trump word for word... It's awesome.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

His behavior towards women was wrong.  I did things that were wrong back in the day.  I would wager all I have you did too.  Times change; Biden has admitted he was wrong.  Has Trump?

What is this nonsense? You’re willing to wager all you have that I was wrong on..what?  Drunk driving?  Skipping school?  Flipping someone’s books in the hall?  Seriously, what is this nonsense? 

If I’m reading you correctly, you’re acknowledging sexually assaulting and/or groping women?  And because you lacked self-control, you think everyone did?  

As for apologies by Biden, this is what he said:

That’s my responsibility, I think. I shake hands, I hug people, I grab men and women by the shoulders and say, ‘You can do this.’ And whether they’re women, men, young, old, it’s just the way I’ve always been. It’s the way I try to show them I care about them and I’m listening. And over the years, knowing what I’ve been through—the things that I’ve faced—I’ve found scores, if not hundreds, of people have come up to me and reached out for solace and comfort: something, anything, that might help them get through the tragedy they’re going through. And so-it’s just who I am,” he said.

My goodness he seems really apologetic that he’s so comforting and people don’t understand him.  😂

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Also, good for your mom and your wife and daughter.  My two daughters and my wife would do the same, probably not let the creep live.

There are things guys in my generation did, jokes we told, actions we took, that were flat out wrong as I look back now.  We should have known better.  We can only now try to lead better lives in the recognition of such.  Biden has at least admitted the same.  Not Trump.  I would hope you are also disgusted by his behavior.

If you treated women the way Biden has by groping, pawing or smelling them like they are fresh meat for the taking—-please, spare me the explanation, it’s your burden to carry, not mine.  I don’t apologize for things I thought were funny when I was 17, nor do I apply the sensibilities of a 59 year old me in 2020 to a 19 year old me in 1980.  It’s waste of time and effort and means nothing at all.   I don’t allow someone else to tell me that “Baby it’s cold outside” is inappropriate and glorifies sexual assault while “You spin my head right ‘round” is about empowerment.   

Again though, if you followed a similar path as Biden—and in spite of your almost compulsive desire to defend him, I still find it hard to believe you would treat women or children that way—-random internet confessionals do no one any good at all. 

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's like you are describing Trump word for word... It's awesome.

And I can see why you would see it that way.  That’s why your support for Biden is so funny.  

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

,  There is a difference between desired sexual contact and forced contact implying no consent.  There are many women who would subject themselves to poor treatment in order to gain money or position in the workplace.  I had a boss many years ago that had young women in his office for an hour or more that their job descriptions did not call for such extensive contact.  It was no secret as to what was taking place and how that boss looked his wife in the face when he went home and the young women of which nearly all were married did the same with their husbands I'll never know.  Then before the workplace was college where certain women engaged in debauchery such as multiple partners in one session.  Then there were the women who were not so "prolific" but were openly insulted by their partners in front of their friends.

I really have no idea what @oldmanfan istrying to convey here, he’s all over the page.  

He’s hates Trump, yet only mildly upset at Cuomo for causing the deaths of thousands, he’s doing cartwheels and working the balance beam defending Joe Biden while acknowledging his own yet unexplained indiscretions of his past, and apparently has never heard the term gold digger, groupie, starfu**er or many others that describe a person who will allow a powerful man to do exactly what Trump said.  

I’ve asked many, many women about that comment from all political persuasions and universally the answer comes back “Of course there are women like that.”.  Why are we pretending this way?  

I’m not sure how old he is but I’m beginning to think  he was born in the 1630s.  I’m guessing Puritan. 

• Like (+1) 1