Trump 2024?

Tiberius

39 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Like I said keep thinking what you want.

Momentum has started to shift.

just look at this:

Dems still have their convention. We’re really in unpredictable times. We will see where polls are in a couple weeks post Dem convention.

Id also say this is a bit scary:

That's all there is and will be for her "momentum."  As that tweet said, it won't be enough.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's all there is and will be for her "momentum."  As that tweet said, it won't be enough.

Right wing guy on Twitter says it’s over. Surrre.

We can see just as a high for Trump who had his convention and assassination attempt in the past week or so.

Harris will get a bump when she’s officially announced. Another bump when she has the convention. That’s when we will probably see a high.

He also neglects Trump has nowhere to go but down. His stagnation even with the convention and assassination attempt show he has nowhere else to go.

Your guy also had an alien encounter:

Edited by Backintheday544

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

We can see just as a high for Trump who had his convention and assassination attempt in the past week or so.

Harris will get a bump when she’s officially announced. Another bump when she has the convention. That’s when we will probably see a high.

He also neglects Trump has nowhere to go but down. His stagnation even with the convention and assassination attempt show he has nowhere else to go.

Still a fundamentally close race. The generic R/D split is even. So "candidate quality" drives any difference that shows up in the presidential race. The perception was that despite Trump's weakness, Biden was worse. Once Harris is out there a while, people will make up their minds. Is she a generic Democrat? That's kind of what she needs to be seen as, allowing Trump's weaker-than-generic Republican tendencies to come to the forefront.

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Still a fundamentally close race. The generic R/D split is even. So "candidate quality" drives any difference that shows up in the presidential race. The perception was that despite Trump's weakness, Biden was worse. Once Harris is out there a while, people will make up their minds. Is she a generic Democrat? That's kind of what she needs to be seen as, allowing Trump's weaker-than-generic Republican tendencies to come to the forefront.

I think the more telling issue was how large of split tickets polls were showing in the Senate in swing states.

Elections haven’t had split tickets in forever. So if Biden was the driving factor to that and Kamala makes up that difference (which polls right now are showing) then the PA-MN-MI win strategy is set. 

907f3f03-d99b-4a78-9931-b4606576fd14_594

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

She was ranked and proudly held the banner of the most politically left ranked member of congress when she was there.

She also never join by partisan bills.  Not much for unification.

Pick a topic.

Kamala Harris - Wikipedia

in 2019, the nonpartisan GovTrack organization ranked Harris as the "most politically left" United States senator, as well as the least likely senator among Democrats to join bipartisan bills.

The 2016 California Senate election used California's new top-two primary format where the top two candidates in the primary would advance to the general election regardless of party.[164] On February 27, 2016, Harris won 78% of the California Democratic Party vote at the party convention, allowing Harris's campaign to receive financial support from the party.[165] Three months later, Governor Jerry Brown endorsed her.[166] In the June 7 primary, Harris came in first with 40% of the vote and won with pluralities in most counties.[167] Harris faced representative and fellow Democrat Loretta Sanchez in the general election.[168] It was the first time a Republican did not appear in a general election for the Senate since California began directly electing senators in 1914

Edited by Tommy Callahan

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Your guy also had an alien encounter:

What part of Harris's policy can you point to that would be a selling point to the average American? She's radically far left. You can start at the southern border.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

They are going to ditch Kamala.

Weird Nate Silver who hasn’t been approached by aliens just points out from this poll:

Nate Cohn has some insight on the data as well:

It's an ordinary result, but there are a lot of shifts beneath the surface.
-- Trump favorability surges to 48%, up 6 points since post-debate and his highest ever in a Times/Siena poll
-- Harris favorability surges to 46%, up 10 pts since February

The poll also shows a return to more familiar demographic patterns.
Harris leads by 21 points among 18-29 year olds, but trails among seniors. She gets 68% of the major party vote among nonwhite voters, making up about half of Biden's underperformance so far this year

Also of note: Harris and Trump are even on the multicandidate ballot, including Kennedy -- who both falls to 5% and draws disproportionately from Trump (by 2.5:1) for the first time in our polling

Kennedy drawing disproportionately from Trump now that Dems can appeal to younger voters makes intuitive sense to me, but it will be interesting to see if this holds up in other data

Probably related to Kennedy's decline: the number of double-haters has plunged, from 20% in Times/Siena polls this year to just 8% in this survey

The good will toward the candidates extends to Biden, as well. His approval rating is at 42 percent the highest in Times/Siena data since 2022.
An overwhelming 88% approve of his decision to leave the race.

(I don't think we've ever shown 88% of voters agreed on anything before)

Anyway, as I wrote the other day: it's going to be a while until the dust settles and we see where the race stands after the last month of chaos.
The huge swings on candidate favorability tell you how unsettled views are right now. It'll be a while before we see what lasts

• Like (+1) 1

So Trump probably wasn’t shot in the ear:

During a House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, Wray provided new details about the investigation into the assassination attempt and revealed that the agency is not certain the wound was caused by a bullet.

“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” he said

https://time.com/7003617/trump-ear-injury-shooting-details/

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

During a House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, Wray provided new details about the investigation into the assassination attempt and revealed that the agency is not certain the wound was caused by a bullet.

“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” he said

Perhaps wasn't shot in the ear.

I mean, it did feel like a really big mosquito (as he told RFK Jr while attempt to buy his support with the promise of a big Cabinet appointment)

47 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Chris Wray, the guy who wasn't sure if there were any FBI agents in the crowd on J6?  What does the FBI know?

But hey, there's an easy way to solve this.  Show us a picture of the (I presume) teleprompter to see if it was damaged.

And the bigger picture is a) he was still injured and, most importantly, b) it was an assassination attempt.  Focusing on whether it was a bullet or shrapnel that injured him is a fool's errand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Chris Wray, the guy who wasn't sure if there were any FBI agents in the crowd on J6?  What does the FBI know?

But hey, there's an easy way to solve this.  Show us a picture of the (I presume) teleprompter to see if it was damaged.

And the bigger picture is a) he was still injured and, most importantly, b) it was an assassination attempt.  Focusing on whether it was a bullet or shrapnel that injured him is a fool's errand.

The teleprompter was broken, it was something I looked for in videos and pictures over the last almost 2 weeks. Just look at them when you see pictures. 

This is something I agree with you on, I don’t think it matters what hit him. Actually thank God it was glass ( if it was). Those bullets cause an immense amount of damage. Closed coffin kind of damage.

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

But it speaks to his character. He told America he was shot. If he’s lying about being shot in an assassination attempt, that seems pretty major.

Maybe in all of this the craziest thing is Trump uses a teleprompter and he still comes off like he has dementia.

Pray for America.

Like this is from a teleprompter then?

I don't care what happens. I'm staying with the electric. I'm not getting over with the..." So, I tell that story. It's, you know, just fun. And the fake news. They go, "He told this crazy story with electric and..." It's actually not crazy. It's sort of a smart story, right? It's sort of like -- you know, it's like the snake gets the smart when you figure what you're leaving in, right?

You bring in it in, you know, the snake, right, the snake? And the snake, I tell that, and they do the same thing. What does the snake have to do with illegal immigration? Well, I think it has a lot to do with it because that's exactly what -- you know what you get, and that's what we're getting. We're getting problems like you wouldn't believe, right?

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

But it speaks to his character. He told America he was shot. If he’s lying about being shot in an assassination attempt, that seems pretty major.

Maybe in all of this the craziest thing is Trump uses a teleprompter and he still comes off like he has dementia.

Pray for America.

Character? Your democratic leaders have been lying to YOU and this is your gripe?  We know trumps not the best person character wise, but you guys claim your side is morally superior somehow. Make it make sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Character? Your democratic leaders have been lying to YOU and this is your gripe?  We know trumps not the best person character wise, but you guys claim your side is morally superior somehow. Make it make sense.

Trump lies all the time. I don’t think there’s been a more dishonest person to ever run for office. 

So unless you want to disavow Trump you can just shut up on the lying thing.