Trump 2024?

Tiberius

15 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

By he, do you mean Joe Biden? Assuming yes, any thoughts on why he hasn’t done so in 3 1/2 years?

Because Biden is an idiot protectionist too, more often than not. It’s politically popular and helps secure the union vote. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Because Biden is an idiot protectionist too, more often than not. It’s politically popular and helps secure the union vote. 

I must have missed your “Biden should repeal the Jones Act” post somewhere along the way. 

I know you dislike farmers and rural people in general. That’s obviously a touch on the weird side but now I’m wondering how you feel about union members. Care to share your thoughts?

Just now, JDHillFan said:

I must have missed your “Biden should repeal the Jones Act” post somewhere along the way. 

I know you dislike farmers and rural people in general. That’s obviously a touch on the weird side but now I’m wondering how you feel about union members. Care to share your thoughts?

Seemed a bit niche for this forum but I can certainly make one.

Unions are mostly good, but there is a downside. They drive up construction costs by restricting who can do what labor and theyre very protectionist which drives up prices.

Public unions for police should not exist as they tend to protect the bad apples and makes it harder to hold bad cops accountable. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Seemed a bit niche for this forum but I can certainly make one.

Unions are mostly good, but there is a downside. They drive up construction costs by restricting who can do what labor and theyre very protectionist which drives up prices.

Public unions for police should not exist as they tend to protect the bad apples and makes it harder to hold bad cops accountable. 

Have you ever worked in a union shop? Government offices don’t count. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Have you ever worked in a union shop? Government offices don’t count. 

Yup. Worked at a newspaper in college and that was unionized. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I think a lot of Republicans are sick of the clown show Trump has turned their party into 

The Dems are saying "hold my beer."

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Tariffs. They do not, will not, and never will benefit the American consumer.

He should also repeal the Jones Act.

The American worker that’s getting replaced or watching his job go overseas would say otherwise.  So will our producers.  

Such concern for the consumers.  Cut their income taxes to nothing.  Eliminate minimum wages - fast food is officially a luxury good now.  

Not all tariffs are bad let’s set the record straight here it’s far more complex then to tariff bad/good.  

Trump messaging is clear.  He’s not going to get Congressional support for all tariffs or even his tax plans.  But he’s successfully managed to destroy the belief that Democrats are the party of the American working man - because they are not.  

Republicans are having a hard time coming to grips with this.  Long past time to stop catering to corporations especially the ones whose leadership hates this country.  

• Like (+1) 1

WELL, YES — BUT TO TODAY’S DEMOCRATS, THAT MAKES HIM AN EXTREME RIGHT-WINGER: 

The truth about Trump? He’s a moderate.

If you get your news from the liberal media, you probably think former US president Donald Trump is a far-right extremist. He is, supposedly, someone who plans to be a dictator, who will jail journalists. He’s a ‘Hitler in the White House’, per some media personalities. ‘Democracy and freedom are on the ballot’, we’re told every single day in the run-up to this year’s election.

And yet, the truth is almost the opposite, at least if you look at policy. Far from being far right or extremist, Trump’s policy agenda is extremely moderate. Much of it wouldn’t be foreign to a Nineties-era Democrat. He believes abortion should be legal up to 15 weeks. He supports gay marriage. He’s courting labor unions. He believes immigration drives down working-class wages. He’s pursuing the black vote. He wants trade with China to favor the American worker – not the Chinese elites – and has proposed a 10 per cent blanket tariff on all foreign imports.

Indeed, it’s not despite Trump’s moderate agenda that his adversaries have sought to paint him in extremist terms. It’s because he has effectively co-opted some of the Democrats’ long-abandoned pro-worker policies. Nothing has made this clearer than the recent dust-up over ‘Project 2025’.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/07/10/the-truth-about-trump-hes-a-moderate/

• Agree 1