Trump 2024?

Tiberius

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the ultimate grifter hired a grifter to run his campaign.

Trump’s Campaign Manager Has Raked in an Insane Amount of Money

Some highlights:

• Chris LaCivita has earned a staggering sum of more than $22 million in just the past two years as Trump’s adviser.
  • LaCivita made $19 million in 2022 as a “strategic consultant” for two Trump-aligned super PACs.
  • He’s continued to earn more through Trump’s 2024 campaign with the help of generous cuts on his campaign ads, and he will receive another  $150,000 bonus if Trump wins the election.
  • LaCivita has also received upfront payments for his services that have amounted up to $75,000 a month for “voter contact consulting,”
  • Trump’s other co-campaign manager, Susie Wiles, is a volunteer. 
  • Harris’s campaign manager is paid $13,442 a month
  • LaCivita’s consulting firm—which has no website and is headquartered in LaCivita’s home—had earned $3 million from the race and could collect another $5 million more by November
  • Last year, an “opposition research” memo put forth by a super PAC backing Governor Ron DeSantis accused LaCivita of “cashing in on Trump” for “personal enrichment,”
    • They found that LaCivita pocketed $15.7 million and $4 million respectively from two of Trump’s super PACs during the 2022 midterms.

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the ultimate grifter hired a grifter to run his campaign.

Trump’s Campaign Manager Has Raked in an Insane Amount of Money

Some highlights:

• Chris LaCivita has earned a staggering sum of more than $22 million in just the past two years as Trump’s adviser.
  • LaCivita made $19 million in 2022 as a “strategic consultant” for two Trump-aligned super PACs.
  • He’s continued to earn more through Trump’s 2024 campaign with the help of generous cuts on his campaign ads, and he will receive another  $150,000 bonus if Trump wins the election.
  • LaCivita has also received upfront payments for his services that have amounted up to $75,000 a month for “voter contact consulting,”
  • Trump’s other co-campaign manager, Susie Wiles, is a volunteer. 
  • Harris’s campaign manager is paid $13,442 a month
  • LaCivita’s consulting firm—which has no website and is headquartered in LaCivita’s home—had earned $3 million from the race and could collect another $5 million more by November
  • Last year, an “opposition research” memo put forth by a super PAC backing Governor Ron DeSantis accused LaCivita of “cashing in on Trump” for “personal enrichment,”
    • They found that LaCivita pocketed $15.7 million and $4 million respectively from two of Trump’s super PACs during the 2022 midterms.

imagine if they get control of the federal reserve and treasury.  we had a preview with covid money.  2nd time will be worse.

Actual unedited text of Trump Q&A response (it would be wrong to call it an "answer"). Before we begin, reflect on the question - what would you do to help families suffering from inflation? The full text below, with a few chapter headings I've added for clarity.

Trump’s answer

“So, you know, it’s such a great question in the sense that people don’t think of grocery. You know, it sounds like not such an important word when you talk about homes and everything else, right? But more people tell me about grocery bills, where the price of bacon, the price of lettuce, the price of tomatoes, they tell me. [1] And we’re going to do a lot of things.

1. Sell more U.S. agricultural goods to China.

“You know, our farmers aren’t being treated properly. And we had a deal with China, and it was a great deal — I never mentioned it because once covid came in, I said, that was a bridge too far because I had a great relationship with President Xi [Jinping]. And he’s a fierce man and he’s a man that likes China and I understand that. But we had a deal and he was perfect on that deal, $50 billion he was going to buy. [2] We were doing numbers like you wouldn’t believe, for the farmer. But the farmers are very badly hurt. The farmers in this country, we’re going to get them straightened out. We’re going to get your prices down.

2. Stop immigration, and maybe (unclear) kill unions.

“But you asked another question about safety and also about Black population jobs and Hispanic population in particular those two. [3] So when millions of people pour into our country, they’re having a devastating effect on Black families and Hispanic families more than any others. [4] I think it’s going to spread to a lot of other places.

“I think it’s going to spread to unions. I think unions are going to have a big problem because, you know, employers are just not going to pay the price. They’re going to — and it’s going to be — it’s a very bad thing that’s happening.

a. Hannibal Lecter, because that's what my audience expects.

“So they’re coming in. Many are coming in from jails and prisons and mental institutions, insane asylums. [5] That’s like, you know, step above, right? Insane asylum. And whenever I go, Hannibal Lecter, you know what I’m talking about. They always go — the fake news. That’s a lot of fake news back there, too.”

[Boos from the audience.]

“They always mention — you know, it’s a way of demeaning, they say, ‘Hannibal Lecter, why would he mention?’ [6] Well, you know why, because he was a sick puppy, and we have sick puppies coming into our country. I figured that’s a lot — that’s better than wasting a lot of words. You just say, ‘Hannibal Lecter. We don’t want him.’ But. But they always sort of say, ‘Why would he say that?’ I do it for a lot of reasons.

“But I do it because we are allowing some very bad people into our country. And they’re coming as terrorists. You know, you saw the other day, last month they had the record number of terrorists. [7] I had a month — and I love Border Patrol.

b. The Border Patrol union (note: a union) endorsed me.

“Did you see they gave me a full endorsement two days ago? Border Patrol.” [8]

[Cheers from the audience.]

“The Border Patrol. And they’re great. And, you know, they want to do their job. They don’t want to let these people come in. They look at them. They can tell. They can look at somebody, say good, bad. They say what’s coming into our country now, it’s having a huge negative impact on Black families and on Hispanic families and ultimately on everybody.

“And we’re going to close that border so tight. It’s going to be closed. And I said the two things I’m going to do, first, we’re going to close that border — [9] and people are going to come in. You want people to come in. We need people to come in. People are going to come into our country legally.

“You know, it’s so unfair. You have people that are waiting on a system, in a line and they’ve been waiting in this line. You know how long? For years, 10 years, 12 years and they study and they take tests. And then people come. I actually say, ‘Why don’t you just go and just come on across?’ I tell people that it’s terrible, right? I said, ‘Go out. You’re incredible.’ They say, ‘What can I do to speed up the process?’ I say, ‘You know what, go to the southern border. I’ll see you on the other side.’ It’s so unfair. [10]

c. "They take tests" to come in legally (no, they don't; that's to naturalize as a citizen)

“But we’re going to have them come in legally. You have to see what they have to do. They take tests on, you know, who was the first one here? What date was this? What does 1776 mean? All this stuff.

“And these other people are coming in and they’re affecting the school systems and they’re affecting the hospital system. I mean, if you take a look at what’s going on in Springfield, Ohio, a town of 50,000 people, they’ve just added 32,000 people. Illegal immigrants. [11] And we’re not going to put up with it.

“And we’re going to take care of your costs are going to come down, and you’re not going to have a problem with — because the biggest problem, and I’m hearing it from Black people and to a lesser extent right now, but it’ll be the same, Hispanic people.

3. Black and Hispanic people love me (the questioner was black)

“And I’ll tell you what, our poll numbers have gone through the roof. With Black and Hispanic, have gone through the roof. [12] And I like that. I like that. I like that. So we’re going to take care of it. You will be — I’ll tell you, if everything works out, if everybody gets out and votes on January 5th. [13] Or before.

“You know, it used to be, you’d have a date. Today, you can vote two months before, probably three months after. They don’t know what the hell they’re doing. But we’re going to straighten it all out. We’re going to straighten that out.

4. We will claim voter fraud.

We’re going to straighten our election process out, too. That’s going to be important, also. So thank you very much, darling. We’re going to get it straight. Thank you.”

The End.

So he has no plan to bring down prices. He has a plan to sell more agricultural goods to China (which will reduce supply and tend to raise costs, helping farmers but not consumers) and a plan to stop immigration (and make it more expensive to harvest/process agricultural goods). Oh, and the blacks love me. The mind of a rambling, illogical old man.