Trump 2024?

Tiberius

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Imagine if a Dem nominee said the audience went crazy at an event in which there was no audience…

He went on to say exactly how big the audience was, the audience watching on television. 

This is the thing you don't seem to get, 95% of your opinion on Trump had been formed by the media imputing the worst possible meaning while taking Trump's words out of context. Just like you did here. 

As someone who didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020, it's become painfully obvious that pundits and commentators have told thousands of lies about what the man has said. Over an over and over. 

What we're doing here is little more than virtual signalling. "Orange man bad, makes me a good boy. Orange man dumb, makes me a smart boy."

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He went on to say exactly how big the audience was, the audience watching on television. 

This is the thing you don't seem to get, 95% of your opinion on Trump had been formed by the media imputing the worst possible meaning while taking Trump's words out of context. Just like you did here. 

95% of my opinion on Trump has been formed by Trump. For a while, when he was president I even had notifications on for his tweets. It was pretty revealing. 

I’d suggest checking out his Truth social page. It’s like the rantings of that weird uncle everyone is a little concerned about. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

95% of my opinion on Trump has been formed by Trump. For a while, when he was president I even had notifications on for his tweets. It was pretty revealing. 

I’d suggest checking out his Truth social page. It’s like the rantings of that weird uncle everyone is a little concerned about. 

I'll agree with you almost totally.

When I speak to/with people who support him and I say that I don't, they almost always come back with "you listen to cnn or msnbc too much".  Nope, thats not true at all. I actually watch his interviews, I read what he says directly.  And I agree with your conclusion.   

I really do not like Harris or Biden all that much. If Harris gets elected, I'll survive. I won't like it but I'll be OK. Hopefully we'll get a split congress so not much of consequence will happen for the next 4 years. 

But its Trump....the only way I can say it is give me a different republican candidate. Someone who doesn't ramble like he is losing his mind with age. Someone who isn't triggered by talk about 'crowd size'. Someone with some dignity, someone who doesn't resort to juvenile name calling. Someone who will talk about conservative POLICY they want to implement and do so more by saying why they want to do it and less just complaining about the Democrats.  I'd LOVE to vote for a republican like that over almost any democrat...but Trump?  He is the absolute opposite of just about any of those things that I look for in a leader. I don't want, nor need, an 'alpha male' as president.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

When I speak to/with people who support him and I say that I don't, they almost always come back with "you listen to cnn or msnbc too much".  Nope, thats not true at all. I actually watch his interviews, I read what he says directly.  And I agree with your conclusion.   

I really do not like Harris or Biden all that much. If Harris gets elected, I'll survive. I won't like it but I'll be OK. Hopefully we'll get a split congress so not much of consequence will happen for the next 4 years. 

But its Trump....the only way I can say it is give me a different republican candidate. Someone who doesn't ramble like he is losing his mind with age. Someone who isn't triggered by talk about 'crowd size'. Someone with some dignity, someone who doesn't resort to juvenile name calling. Someone who will talk about conservative POLICY they want to implement and do so more by saying why they want to do it and less just complaining about the Democrats.  I'd LOVE to vote for a republican like that over almost any democrat...but Trump?  He is the absolute opposite of just about any of those things that I look for in a leader. I don't want, nor need, an 'alpha male' as president.  

Fair enough. I think you'll also be fine when Trump is President again. 

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Fair enough. I think you'll also be fine when Trump is President again. 

True, I would be.  Financially I think I'll be fine no matter what.

Its just disappointing.  Its like, having to choose between 2 really bad choices...when at least one party (Republicans) potentially have policy on their side that I actually like, just give us (yeah, there are a lot of us that feel this way) a decent candidate from your side to vote for. We don't need someone special....the Republicans (historically, I don't want increased tariffs) have policy on the side I want. I'll vote that way with just a decent candidate. It shouldn't be too hard.

27 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, it’s just the reflexive defense: “you don’t like Trump, so you must be the stereotype of a liberal I have in my head”

I don’t watch tv news at all. I think cable news and the 24/7 news cycle are terrible for this country. 

People who support Trump should just read his Truth Social account and ask themselves: “Is this the person I would want working for me? Babysitting my kids? Running the country?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

People who support Trump should just read his Truth Social account and ask themselves: “Is this the person I would want working for me? Babysitting my kids? Running the country?”

No. 

No. 

Yes. 

Im not hiring an employee or looking for a babysitter.

Im voting for the leader of this country and I have two options.  My main concerns are freedom of speech, the economy, ending foreign wars and sane control over the border/migration.

On all those topics, the candidate reflecting my values range from lean Trump to heavy advantage Trump.  With the other candidate being a legitimate threat to my views on those issues.  

I find Trump to be an exhausting man child, but this isn’t tough for me. 

Nevermind the terrible precedent being set by Democrats moving forward if they’re able to win consecutive elections by hiding their candidate from the press, relying on the media carrying their water, along with a swap done simply because the elected candidate was going to lose. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, it’s just the reflexive defense: “you don’t like Trump, so you must be the stereotype of a liberal I have in my head”

I don’t watch tv news at all. I think cable news and the 24/7 news cycle are terrible for this country. 

I get it, you'd rather be told lies like "Biden is sharp as a tack and totally in charge" with an even keel temperament by the same monotone liars who appear to be sterilely steering the world into WWIII. 

Anecdotally, I recently asked a good friend of mine who is a fellow Chicago liberal if they'd been watching any of the transcribed Russian political TV personalities. The ones who have been aggressively yelling for preemptive nuclear strikes against Ukraine and NATO. And they said, oh yeah, they're just like Trump.

Which couldn't be further from the truth. Trump has constantly advocated for an end to the Ukraine war and peace in the world. But that's what the "typical liberal I imagine in my head" seems to do, equate how a tweet makes them feel with literal threats of world ending violence. 

54 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I get it, you'd rather be told lies like "Biden is sharp as a tack and totally in charge" with an even keel temperament by the same monotone liars who appear to be sterilely steering the world into WWIII. 

Anecdotally, I recently asked a good friend of mine who is a fellow Chicago liberal if they'd been watching any of the transcribed Russian political TV personalities. The ones who have been aggressively yelling for preemptive nuclear strikes against Ukraine and NATO. And they said, oh yeah, they're just like Trump.

Which couldn't be further from the truth. Trump has constantly advocated for an end to the Ukraine war and peace in the world. But that's what the "typical liberal I imagine in my head" seems to do, equate how a tweet makes them feel with literal threats of world ending violence. 

Trump was a Putin puppet and trying to destroy NATO.  Don't you know that's why Putin didn't invade Ukraine when he was President and no new wars started?