Trump 2024?

Tiberius

43 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Really cool stuff, a speech for the ages Donny!

Serious question what’s with all the bacon talk today? Kamala has mentioned bacon twice (interview about Joe calling and a clip about making greens) is this some attempt by both camps to appeal to ‘bacon eating men’?

Politically speaking, as I’m pro-life and not in love with Trump’s comments yesterday.. it’s notable that D heavy hitters are out in numbers today pushing back on his newfound IVF policy and abortion comments.

Looking at polling on abortion in AZ, NV, PA and MI, voters almost 3:1 want to protect abortion access, but also view Trump as better on the border & economy. 

If they lose the “reproductive rights” wedge, Trump might take all of those states. 

He does this by risking to alienate more socially conservative voters in NC & GA.

But, while I don’t like it .. I think he’s making a political calculus that seems backed up by notable Dem messaging today.  

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Hahahaha I’m dying I’m dying.

so weird

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/113048930902364859

Donald-Trump-DC-Superheroes.png

Plus that universe was an overwhelming failure.

They’re appealing to people who think it’s their right to obtain controlled substances just because they want them. Cartoon characters are appropriate and apparently effective. 

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Politically speaking, as I’m pro-life and not in love with Trump’s comments yesterday.. it’s notable that D heavy hitters are out in numbers today pushing back on his newfound IVF policy and abortion comments.

Looking at polling on abortion in AZ, NV, PA and MI, voters almost 3:1 want to protect abortion access, but also view Trump as better on the border & economy. 

If they lose the “reproductive rights” wedge, Trump might take all of those states. 

He does this by risking to alienate more socially conservative voters in NC & GA.

But, while I don’t like it .. I think he’s making a political calculus that seems backed up by notable Dem messaging today.  

I don’t see any pro choice voters changing their vote to trump because of ivf

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Serious question what’s with all the bacon talk today? Kamala has mentioned bacon twice (interview about Joe calling and a clip about making greens) is this some attempt by both camps to appeal to ‘bacon eating men’?

It's not just me, bacon IS in the air today. 

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Hahahaha I’m dying I’m dying.

so weird

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/113048930902364859

Donald-Trump-DC-Superheroes.png

Plus that universe was an overwhelming failure.

That's exactly what they are, Marvel would have sued their ass in a hot minute, DC, thanks for not forgetting we have super heroes as well, and don't worry you can't ruin our IP any worse than we have already.

57 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Kennedy on West off.  

Democracy dies in darkness.  

Uh, so is Harris a walking lobotomy or an evil genius who runs the courts? Enquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Starr-Bills

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

They’re appealing to people who think it’s their right to obtain controlled substances just because they want them. Cartoon characters are appropriate and apparently effective. 

I don’t see any pro choice voters changing their vote to trump because of ivf

What is a “pro-choice” voter?  You mean single issue voters?  No, they would never. 

He’s not trying to get them.  He’s clearly making a play for suburban women that may like his policies but are turned off by his personality and “reproductive rights”.. he’s attempting to take the latter off the table. 

Dems just put up billboards in PA today saying that Trump will ban IVF and are all over social media today messaging on abortion and IVF.   It’s the only non-character issue they have on him. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

What is a “pro-choice” voter?  You mean single issue voters?  No, they would never. 

He’s not trying to get them.  He’s clearly making a play for suburban women that may like his policies but are turned off by his personality and “reproductive rights”.. he’s attempting to take the latter off the table. 

Dems just put up billboards in PA today saying that Trump will ban IVF and are all over social media today messaging on abortion and IVF.   It’s the only non-character issue they have on him. 

no, I mean voters who put great weight on reproductive rights, exactly the suburban women you describe.  The IVF support doesn't address their concerns over choice.  And I don't think many believe him on that.  They remember how he manipulated scotus to overturn roe.  so he loses the far right anti abortion group over IVF and gains few suburban women.  I think his calculus is awful.

It just can’t be shared enough.  

There isn’t a better contrast in video clips you’ll see of this ***ch and how she “interviewed” Harris (pre-recorded) vs Vance as to why the media is awful and Democrats are a joke.  

The moron that needed to be coddled should never hold power.  Anywhere for anything.    

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You are clueless.  Consider this:  Were I 20 years younger, I could likely work at your job (at least as an apprentice) with minimal training.  I probably wouldn't like it but I could do it.  You couldn't do my job without many years of training and even then, you likely don't have the capacity.  This really is the MAGA versus educated battle distilled down to its essence.  No one made you do a physically demanding job anymore than someone made me do a mentally demanding one.  Stop playing victim.  I don't feel victimized in the least.

Sure except that I make way more than any salaried doctor or lawyer and when you own a business you limit your income/tax by reinvesting into the business and then borrowing against it if you need cash. The fact is you could never do what I do physically (and nor would you want to it seems) and it's doubtful mentally. Medical professionals are notoriously bad with money and investing. The part of your brain that is nurturing makes you bad at other things.

I wouldn't disparage anyone for their career choices. I used to be the one getting ragged on for having a degree but I wouldn't have had the funds to start my business without working a 9-5 white collar job first so it is what it is. As long as someone is challenging themselves and working hard I think that's what it's all about. People need to feel valuable and fulfilled in life.