Trump 2024?

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Get out your late-1700s dictionary and get to work.  If you’re going to play the literalist game then you better have an explanation for how the drafters could have meant to protect something that did not at that time exist.  That’s the flaw with originalism and literalism.  And, far as “can’t be infringed goes,” I’ll remind you that probably the most conservative justice of his time wrote heller.  He disagrees with you.  Why? Likely because there’s a difference between a reasonable restriction and an infringement. 

He doesn’t know what the point is,  either.  Kind of like that K D guy here.  They just make it up as they go along. 

So now you’re saying that a musket isn’t an arm? Totally out of your depth once again. 

The second amendment was carefully written with weapon technology advancements in mind, that’s why it written the right to bear arms (armament) otherwise it would read  The right to bear muskets

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Doubling down on socialized medicine.

”Republicans are about twice as likely as Democrats or independents to say that the statement about fertilized eggs having the same rights as a pregnant woman describes their views extremely or very well. About 4 in 10 Republicans say that compared with about 2 in 10 Democrats and independents” https://apnews.com/article/poll-abortion-ap-ivf-election-3adcb634d5d99d9ebfcc7a28530b1487

So he’s pissing off 40 percent of Republicans by “killing babies”

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Doubling down on socialized medicine.

”Republicans are about twice as likely as Democrats or independents to say that the statement about fertilized eggs having the same rights as a pregnant woman describes their views extremely or very well. About 4 in 10 Republicans say that compared with about 2 in 10 Democrats and independents” https://apnews.com/article/poll-abortion-ap-ivf-election-3adcb634d5d99d9ebfcc7a28530b1487

So he’s pissing off 40 percent of Republicans by “killing babies”

Interesting he is flip flopping and copying Harris.

No one wants to kill babies except Russia and their supporters. Sperm, Eggs and fetuses are not babies. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Self-made and tons of hustle here.  "Working folks" was intentional.  This guy is bad for blue collar and bad for white collar.  Protectionism is a terrible, terrible idea and it's only going to get worse.  

Hoax.  Harris' Commie policies will be far worse.

55 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

The second amendment was carefully written with weapon technology advancements in mind, that’s why it written the right to bear arms (armament) otherwise it would read  The right to bear muskets

Hoax.  “Arm” has a definition in that time.  Your construction—an impermissible exercise, according to the literalists and the traditionalists—would require a savings clause, such as, “any arms now in existence or that may come into existence.”

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hoax.  Harris' Commie policies will be far worse.

Sure thing.  Maybe you can whine a little more about inflation out of one side of your mouth and then call everyone else a commie out of the other side of your mouth.  When it’s not full of HCQ,  of

course. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

*****.  I told my doctor I wanted some valium for sleeping and testosterone for the gym. He said no.   He said there  are laws where he cannot give it to me simply cause I want it.  Effing government restricting and regulating my body.  

There's a reason morons aren't allowed to write their own prescriptions.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K D said:

I've done all of that and being on call and traveling and working long hours and mental stress etc and then I did physical labor. There's no comparison.

It's not the type of back pain that you get surgery for. Your muscles give out after a certain period of time. It starts in my hands and then my lower back due to tight hamstrings. Nothing you can do about it, the human body can only do so much. I used to be a powerlifter so I thought I'd be good but someone told me I have show muscles not go muscles and they don't help much.

I don't do that every day, sometimes I'm doing paperwork or marketing or sales but then the physical stuff is a different ballgame. You can think you work hard but go work construction or landscaping or roofing for 1 day where maybe it's just you and 1 other guy so you can't hide and slack off like a normal laborer. You will cry for your mommy and beg to go back to an office.

You are clueless.  Consider this:  Were I 20 years younger, I could likely work at your job (at least as an apprentice) with minimal training.  I probably wouldn't like it but I could do it.  You couldn't do my job without many years of training and even then, you likely don't have the capacity.  This really is the MAGA versus educated battle distilled down to its essence.  No one made you do a physically demanding job anymore than someone made me do a mentally demanding one.  Stop playing victim.  I don't feel victimized in the least.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

There's a reason morons aren't allowed to write their own prescriptions.

I want to drive 100 mph everywhere, but damn it the government won’t let me!

maybe you should support democrats and labor unions, so you can have better labor protections for your body and better health care when it inevitably fails (like everyone).

• Like (+1) 1

Myra Adams is an opinion writer who served on the creative team of two Republican presidential campaigns, in 2004 and 2008.

If Trump loses, expect a Republican civil war

Before President Biden dropped his reelection bid on July 21, voters were unenthusiastic about a rematch between these two men, both born before the television age. Americans desperately wanted an alternative, and party affiliation was secondary.

Thus, factors such as Biden’s element of surprise, the switch/change effect, Trump’s inability to deal with the change, rapid Democratic unification, dominant support from the media and the potential rekindling of Obama’s 2008 coalition — sprinkled with his political fairy dust of hope, joy, and “Yes, She Can” — generated considerable political momentum for Harris that might just carry her across the Nov. 5 finish line.

Based on national and battleground state polling trends, she could win in a squeaker — which means Trump could lose.

But Trump can never lose! So, if he does, expect a 2020 post-election replay with much ranting, raving and contrived evidence. Team Trump will launch accusations of a corrupt, stolen election, cheating, judicial weaponization, illegal voters, foreign interference and rigged voting machines, resulting in legal challenges perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court. Our enemies will be watching for signs of electoral instability, democratic unrest and perhaps even a national security crisis.

That aside, a Trump loss inevitably means an internal civil war within the Republican Party. I believe a “war” is inevitable between the all-powerful Trump forces and those who want to move on from the Trump era and win the White House in 2028 without any Trump family members on the ticket.

Like all civil wars, this one could be brutal, because the GOP opposition forces see in Trumpism a political dead-end with a shrinking voter base. I publicly left the Republican Party Jan. 2021 thanks to Trump’s toxic brand. Today, identifying as a Republican is not about conservative governing principles but automatic loyalty to Trump, with his MAGA troops in control of the party machinery from top to bottom.

In 2016, the “Trumplican Party” was born (some would say “hijacked.”) After Trump’s unexpected victory, Republican Party leaders and activists who initially supported someone other than Trump were purged, resigned in disgust or else acquiesced to him. 

After Trump’s loss in 2020, it became an act of disloyalty for Republicans to deny that Trump actually won reelection. So did the failure to defend or excuse his actions on Jan. 6 or his legal problems. So did the act of backing an alternative 2024 candidate.

To have one family in complete control of a major national political party is an aberration in our country. Daughter-in-law Lara Trump, installed as co-chair of the Republican National Committee in March, naively spoke the truth in February when she said of its fundraising, “Every single penny will go to the number one and the only job of the RNC — that is electing Donald J. Trump as president of the United States…” 

Naturally, down-ballot candidates, officeholders and lowly party officials did not appreciate her honesty about the family mission.

If Harris defeats Trump, will he step down as party leader? Probably not. Unlike Biden, Trump will not be pushed aside. Biden never was and did not represent himself as the Democratic Party. Trump and family, in contrast, are the Republican Party. Hence, moving beyond the Trump era without someone named Trump would take a tectonic shift.

Who would lead the GOP through the hazardous terrain of a non-MAGA future? It probably wouldn’t be Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio), who in this scenario would just be a losing also-ran.

So who would it be? Some names are familiar and obvious: Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who each look in the mirror and see a future president. Add a new name with popular Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), who has had a contentious history with Trump — haven’t they all, though? That experience will embolden these leaders to forge a new path for the party, maybe led by one of them, or else a new leader will emerge.

Speaking of new leaders, a post-Trump era will need rising stars to combat entrenched MAGA warriors such as Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). How about a real warrior? A Lt. colonel in the Air National Guard who piloted missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. His name is Adam Kinzinger — once widely considered a GOP rising star — the former Illinois congressman who served from 2011 to 2023.

After the 2020 election, then-Rep. Kinzinger rejected Trump’s claims of a stolen election. He was appalled by the events of Jan. 6, 2021, and subsequently voted to impeach. Kinzinger then served on the House Select Committee to investigate the Capitol attack. Trump placed a target on his back, and Kinzinger did not run for reelection in 2022.

Then, on August 15, Kinzinger fearlessly spoke the truth about Trump to more than 20 million primetime viewers who watched the Democratic National Convention. His message delighted former Republicans like me who want a party to come home to. Kinzinger said, “Donald Trump is a weak man pretending to be strong; he is a small man pretending to be big. He’s a faithless man pretending to be righteous. He’s a perpetrator who can’t stop playing the victim.” 

Kinzinger dared to say what many in the Republican Party (including elected officials) only think: “The Republican Party is no longer conservative. It has switched its allegiance from the principles that gave it purpose to a man whose only purpose is himself.”

Shockingly, Fox News cut away from Kinzinger’s speech. Were they shielding their viewers from the truth? If Trump loses, those viewers and voters must hear the truth to set the Republican Party free from Trump’s control. But first, the party is destined to wage a war for the future.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sure thing.  Maybe you can whine a little more about inflation out of one side of your mouth and then call everyone else a commie out of the other side of your mouth.  When it’s not full of HCQ,  of course. 

This is dumb, even for you.  Congrats.

30 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Show me one commie policy?

Price controls.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I want to drive 100 mph everywhere, but damn it the government won’t let me!

maybe you should support democrats and labor unions, so you can have better labor protections for your body and better health care when it inevitably fails (like everyone).

the one thing of rather limited value (other than entertainment) of frequenting this  site is the affirmation that many MAGAs are truly stupid.  It's like their brains never fully developed. Ie's pretty scary.  No wonder they're so easily manipulated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

This is dumb, even for you.  Congrats.

Price controls.

No seriously, they aren’t price controls they are anti-price gouging ideas. Which are common in over 40 states currently.  Try again. Here is a hint, communism is the government owning the means of production, not regulation of independent private businesses.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

No seriously, they aren’t price controls they are anti-price gouging ideas. Which are common in over 40 states currently.  Try again. Here is a hint, communism is the government owning the means of production, not regulation of independent private businesses.

Same difference.  It's been tried in the US before with disastrous results.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Same difference.  It's been tried in the US before with disastrous results.

Link please to this disaster, because as I sit here today America is not a disaster. No offence intended but Your word has little weight at this point.

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Link please to this disaster, because as I sit here today America is not a disaster. No offence intended but Your word has little weight at this point.

The 2nd sentence is hilarious considering the first sentence.

• Like (+1) 1