Trump 2024?

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Make sure you get those Gold Star families on record..

How dare they invite this monster to pay his respects!!!

TRUE

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So no.  No name as a source.  Just not doing the same thing always does and you guys do what you do ...

Not one name as a source. 

But what about but what about but what about but what about but what about but what about 

Link - they are lying about the top line - this finding tells you that’s bull ***t if he’s by this in the swing states.  And that top line has Harris at 45 nationally.  

“In the seven states where the 2020 election was closest - Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina, Michigan and Nevada - Trump had a 45% to 43% lead over Harris among registered voters in the poll.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris-widens-lead-over-trump-with-boost-women-hispanics-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-08-29/

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Change your mind?

Well, how about looking at the tweet you posted which shows Harris up by 2 in the popular.

It's a repeat of the last election.

Q had Biden up 10 at this point in 2020.  It’s tied today.  A Q poll.  

Anyway:

• Like (+1) 1

Weird for a campaign that’s “winning” to start adopting the left policies.

First Trump say he will veto any abortion ban.

now he’s adopting socialized medicine for IVF procedures:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-wants-make-ivf-treatments-paid-government-insurance-compani-rcna168804

That’s how you can tell he’s not winning.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-wants-make-ivf-treatments-paid-government-insurance-compani-rcna168804

No.  You think you’re running against your caricature of a 2004 Conservative Republican.  

Those days are over.  

That’s never been Trump.  

What you just posted has always been Trump.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  You think you’re running against your caricature of a 2004 Conservative Republican.  

Those days are over.  

That’s never been Trump.  

What you just posted has always been Trump.  

2017 Trump supported an abortion bad:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/with-trumps-backing-house-approves-ban-on-abortion-after-20-weeks-of-pregnancy/2017/10/03/95c64786-a86c-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

That was for after 20 weeks.  

Look I know you’re panicking.  It’s over and you see it.  

Just keep telling yourself we’re going to be doing this all over again in 3 years - both parties.  

So relax.  It will be ok.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That was for after 20 weeks.  

Look I know you’re panicking.  It’s over and you see it.  

Just keep telling yourself we’re going to be doing this all over again in 3 years - both parties.  

So relax.  It will be ok.   

I mean if he keeps adopting these leftist communist policies to get elected what’s the difference between him and Biden.

I’m  just excited though for you to have to live life under Harris.

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Q had Biden up 10 at this point in 2020.  It’s tied today.  A Q poll.  

Anyway:

seems to be a discrepancy.  I note the site you linked is interactive

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/  Harris 58% trump 42 chance of winning

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/ Harris 58% trump 42 chance of winning

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/ Harris 58% trump 42 chance of winning

I don’t think Nate Silver is with 538 anymore.  They use his branding but Silver has his own model now.  Pretty sure he publicly said he doesn’t agree with their modeling methods this cycle. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I mean if he keeps adopting these leftist communist policies to get elected what’s the difference between him and Biden.

I’m  just excited though for you to have to live life under Harris.

Lol they even got you believing she hasn’t been VP the last 4 years!!!

The power of propaganda in real time folks!  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think Nate Silver is with 538 anymore.  They use his branding but Silver has his own model now.  Pretty sure he publicly said he doesn’t agree with their modeling methods this cycle. 

Thanks.  I hope the new 538 model is better than the old one in 2016.  Shows the uncertainty and the importance of trends imo.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

44 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

They're both taking baby steps toward the middle.

Traditionally this would've been done after the primary season, but there wasn't really any such thing for either party this year.

I say this as a voter who wants presidential candidates to be more toward the middle ...

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Thanks.  I hope the new 538 model is better than the old one in 2016.  Shows the uncertainty and the importance of trends imo.

Another thing to remember: Silver's win probability model now tries to account for (and thus dampen - "regresses to the mean") the post-convention bounce thing. 

As we all know, polling is a lot trickier in the cell phone/screen calls era. I'm still surprised it "works" at all. Silver's model has been remarkably good when it comes to the popular vote. State-level polling is even harder and typically uses smaller samples, so the room for error there is even higher.

And on 2016: it's important to remember (as Silver reminds us constantly) that his model did show Trump with about a 33% chance of winning, whereas most seat of the pants pundits were saying Hillary had it in the bag. So I wouldn't say his model was "wrong." It's just that sometimes the Jets beat the Bills.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

“I just want this to end”

Says the man upset the media makes this the story, when Trump was invited by Gold Star Families and had the decency to show up.. compared to Biden/Harris, who it’s now being reported have never reached out to the families.

Those that can’t separate Trump’s actual problems (and he has many) from the media contrived issues that they then project on him, are why a Harris Presidency is a real possibility. 

Low info, easily manipulated voters who still believe the media is an accurate arbiter of the truth. 

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Yes, I prefer the guy who pretends to care over the people who caused this to happen with their incompetence and can’t even be bothered to express condolences to the families. 

When it’s been 3 years and still they can’t reach out, yet somehow Trump visiting the cemetery at the request of Gold Star families is the story our media is fixated on…

Biden did meet the families.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/29/joe-biden-meets-families-13-service-members-killed-kabul-bombing/5641896001/

Trump's team was told that they could not take pictures or film in Section 60.  There are reasons for this.  Arlington Cemetery performs 27 funerals per day.  For those who were not cremated, all the coffins end up getting buried in the same section side by side by side.  As a result, it is impossible to perform all those funerals in the location where the burial will take place.  The funerals are thus spread around to different sections of the cemetery with multiple ceremonies happening at the same time or overlapping in time.  People are told at the end that this is not where their loved one will be buried but are given the plot number for future visits.  Also, families may be visiting their loved ones in Section 60 and some level of solemnity, respect and privacy is expected.

Whether or not the Gold Star families invited Trump really isn't relevant.  It certainly shouldn't give him a free pass.  While I am sorry for their loss, these families aren't thinking through the ramifications of holding a campaign event where funerals are happening.  Those families are not respecting the families and loved ones of other deceased servicemen.

Trump could have quietly paid his respects in Section 60 without cameras.  he could have just paid his respects.  But NOOOOO!  Paying respect is not what this was about.  Trump used this only for his benefit only.  He used this for a photo op.  He is using those servicemen and their families. 

I'd prefer somebody who doesn't pretend.

• Eyeroll 1