Trump 2024?

Tiberius

Not to get lost in Trump yet again disrespecting our troops, the YouGov poll had people associate the candidates with words:

When respondents were asked to describe Harris and Trump by choosing from a list of 16 different adjectives — and selecting all that apply — a clear pattern emerged. For Harris, the most frequently chosen words were "focused" (38%), "optimistic" (38%), "honest" (32%) and "normal" (31%). For Trump, they were "dishonest" (43%), "chaotic" (43%), "extreme" (43%), "tough" (40%), "racist" (40%), “weird" (36%) and "divisive" (35%).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-newsyougov-poll-a-huge-surge-in-democratic-optimism--but-no-big-bounce-for-harris--after-the-dnc-194934515.html

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/aug/26/trumps-campaign-rallies-harmful-or-helpful

A hard core of local supporters, some wearing T-shirts proclaiming “I’m voting for a convicted felon”, remained alongside traveling groupies who follow Trump from rally to rally. But in rural cities such as Wilkes-Barre, there is also a contingent who go along to political rallies for the entertainment value, to see a former president on a Saturday afternoon when there is not much else going on, or to help weigh up how to vote. Some of them were not impressed.

“He reminded me why I’m not going to vote for him this time,” said Jenny, a local businesswoman who did not want to give her full name because she didn’t want to alienate customers.

“I voted for him in 2016 and had a Trump flag in the front yard. I voted for him again in 2020 but didn’t put the flag out that time. I’ve been thinking of voting for him again because Biden’s been so bad for the economy and Kamala won’t be any better. But after listening to that, I’m actually afraid of Trump being president again. I don’t know what he was talking about half the time. Perhaps he was always like that but he seems worse, more unstable.”

After listening to that, I’m actually afraid of Trump being president again. I don’t know what he was talking about half the time

Jenny, a former Trump supporter

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

After listening to that, I’m actually afraid of Trump being president again. I don’t know what he was talking about half the time

Jenny, a former Trump supporter

After winning in 2016, Trump and MAGA have become more and more “online.” Their rhetoric and the topics they talk about resemble PPP more than reality. 

As I’ve pointed out before, most Americans are normies who don’t spend all of their time thinking and talking about politics. They certainly don’t follow the online rabbit holes of insanity we see around here. 

A presidential candidate who is Very Online is going to alienate a lot of voters who will have no idea what he is talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

After winning in 2016, Trump and MAGA have become more and more “online.” Their rhetoric and the topics they talk about resemble PPP more than reality. 

As I’ve pointed out before, most Americans are normies who don’t spend all of their time thinking and talking about politics. They certainly don’t follow the online rabbit holes of insanity we see around here. 

A presidential candidate who is Very Online is going to alienate a lot of voters who will have no idea what he is talking about. 

Right, hence why JD Vance was an atrocious choice for VP because the guy is terminally online. He doesn’t even know how to order a donut 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Right, hence why JD Vance was an atrocious choice for VP because the guy is terminally online. He doesn’t even know how to order a donut 

Exactly. The only people who wanted Vance as VP are people who are Very Online. 

He greatly underperformed normie GOP candidates in Ohio in his Senate race. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.  All they do is lie:

Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung refuted the allegations.

"We are prepared to release footage if such defamatory claims are made. The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and for whatever reason an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode, decided to physically block members of President Trump's team during a very solemn ceremony," Cheung said.

Arlington National Cemetery's deputy chief of staff was pictured with President Trump while he laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

CNN's Jim Acosta also accused Donald Trump of “politicizing” the deaths of the 13 fallen soldiers.

Gold Star family members that Trump talked to personally said that they appreciated what he was doing to honor the memories of the fallen soldiers.  

None of the Gold Star family members said they had heard from Joe Biden or Kamala Harris.

Jim Acosta.  NPR.  Who still believes their bull ***t and why?  They do nothing but lie it’s their career, centered around propping up democrats.  

Its all they do. but just look at the viewers. they keep doing it, the viewers keep watching and parroting the lies.. why would they change. 

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The choice of Vance was questionable because I don't see what additional voting block he might bring to the ticket. 

I see the same problem with Waltz. You pick somebody more liberal than you when you already have that voting block in your corner.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The choice of Vance was questionable because I don't see what additional voting block he might bring to the ticket. 

I see the same problem with Waltz. You pick somebody more liberal than you when you already have that voting block in your corner.  

Trump should have chosen Vivek. Young guy, high energy, does what he's told without question or thought, ex-Never Trumper who's  seen the light, just like Vance.  

It's a shame Don Jr, Tucker Carlson, and tech valley billionaires don't like him. Of course, Trump could have overruled all those guys, it's his campaign. But he didn't.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

She picked Walz because she’s still trying to get rid of the progressive image she had during the 2020 campaign. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

She picked Walz because she’s still trying to get rid of the progressive image she had during the 2020 campaign. 

By picking someone more progressive?  Bold move, Cotton...

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Really cool stuff, totally won’t cause any harm or anything.

Great messaging.  JD really has this hard-on for firing federal civil servants. Never mind that includes a bunch of my friends who are also decorated veterans. I assume there's a bunch of heritage foundation interns who walk the walk though, so something's gotta give...

17 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Great messaging.  JD really has this hard-on for firing federal civil servants. Never mind that includes a bunch of my friends who are also decorated veterans. I assume there's a bunch of heritage foundation interns who walk the walk though, so something's gotta give...

He wants guys that will do exactly as he says for whatever interests he has, that’s basically it. Wonder if there’s any historic precedent for this. Nah.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I’m surprised Walz gets as much credibility with the progressives as he does. 

Spent his career in the House as a moderate and wasn’t really considered a progressive in his first term as governor. It wasn’t until his second term that all of the progressive policy happened when the DFL had an trifecta, and even then he pushed back on several key initiatives he considered anti-business.

Even Joe Manchin is a big fan of Walz as the VP pick. Seems like everyone can find something they like (or dislike) from his record. 

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Is truth social account is just batsh it crazy. He is just like Tommy Callahan. Does anyone want Tommy Callahan running this country? 

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m surprised Walz gets as much credibility with the progressives as he does. 

Spent his career in the House as a moderate and wasn’t really considered a progressive in his first term as governor. It wasn’t until his second term that all of the progressive policy happened when the DFL had an trifecta, and even then he pushed back on several key initiatives he considered anti-business.

Even Joe Manchin is a big fan of Walz as the VP pick. Seems like everyone can find something they like (or dislike) from his record. 

Sometimes politics is simple.

Walz ran for Congress in a standard Republican (becoming purplish) semi-rural district. His campaign and voting record reflected those of the median voter in his district. He was their representative. He represented them in Congress.

He then ran for Governor in a very blue (overall) state. He represented the views of the median Minnesota voter, a state with a significant rural/farm/small town population, but one that is dominated by the Twin Cities. He governed accordingly.

See Harris, Kamala.

• Like (+1) 1