Trump 2024?

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

You have to wonder if they will. Trumps 2016 and 2020 results were due to good turn outs and huge rallies. Is there a correlation between Trumps rally sizes and his voter turn out? If so, it’s looking bleak for Trump.

Also a good analysis on this polls weighting:

The turn out at rallies, IMO, is a better barometer than the polls. I mean if people are going to go see a candidate they are also obviously going to vote. Polling is just not te same anymore since Iphones have come around. I very much doubt the under 30 crowd answers polls. 

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

his toxic personality and women who are obsessed with controlling their own bodies

FIFY.  And I think voters don't trust him to do what he promises.  Remember Mexico paying for a wall, revitalization of blue color jobs in coal and manufacturing, a better healthcare model etc.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Up huge on every major issue but might lose because of his toxic personality and women who are obsessed with abortion. 

Here is the problem with graphics like this:

Those topics might 'average out' to be the top issues for the nation, but they aren't the top issues for each group of voter.

For Republicans, who are already likely to vote Trump, those are the top issues.

Ask independents and/or Democrats what their top issues are, and I'll bet the list isn't the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Up huge on every major issue but might lose because of his toxic personality and women who are obsessed with abortion. 

I’m sure this pole isn’t biased either. What voters? Who was asked. Republicans.

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

FIFY.  And I think voters don't trust him to do what he promises.  Remember Mexico paying for a wall, revitalization of blue color jobs in coal and manufacturing, a better healthcare model etc.

I wade into this discussion carefully, because honestly I do not like either candidate.

I was not a huge fan of Biden, and Harris I was OK with...but in her rallies lately, almost everything she says regarding policy I don't like.  More targeted tax cuts, the SUPER pro-union support (I'm OK with labor unions, I just don't want the government pushing them.).  Basically, I could LIVE with her policies but I don't like that.

But on the other side of it, I just cannot vote for Trump because of the person he is. The 8-year old level name calling.  All politicians lie, but his blatant, obvious, in-your-face lies.  The promises that never came to pass. The obviousness (to me) that he will put himself, his personal wealth, above all and everyone else.  I just can't do it.

Personally I may not vote at all for either of them. Whoever wins I just might have to look the other way and hold my nose for 4 years.  If I had to pick now, I'd probably rather have Trump lose just so the party can move on from him. What I WANT is a Republican who is actually a decent human being. Someone who will push and push for his policy, but knows when to compromise a bit with the other side and take a bit of a win, and then fight on another day.  Someone who doesn't come on TV and have me say...I will still give you a chance just don't make this ALL about you..and 2 minutes in its all about him.  I don't love Biden, I'm not impressed with Harris, but to get a respectable Republican, I think Trump has to lose so the party has a chance to move on.

And as far as people posting polls saying Harris is up and likely to win....or Trump is catching back up in better odds, or Harris is leading in some swing states, or Trump leads on certain policies....SO WHAT?  I mean, this is a message board and the reason it is here is to discuss things, but posting your favorite candidate is leading in some poll or some issue isn't going to change anyone's mind...that is just a way to make yourself feel better, by finding something that supports your own point of view and putting it out there to figuratively poke in the eye the people who don't agree with you.  But again, its a message board, I guess that is what this is here for. 🤷‍♂️   I just think when people post stuff that includes pet name calling or use 'colorful' adjectives to describe candidates...just...grow up already.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I wade into this discussion carefully, because honestly I do not like either candidate.

I was not a huge fan of Biden, and Harris I was OK with...but in her rallies lately, almost everything she says regarding policy I don't like.  More targeted tax cuts, the SUPER pro-union support (I'm OK with labor unions, I just don't want the government pushing them.).  Basically, I could LIVE with her policies but I don't like that.

But on the other side of it, I just cannot vote for Trump because of the person he is. The 8-year old level name calling.  All politicians lie, but his blatant, obvious, in-your-face lies.  The promises that never came to pass. The obviousness (to me) that he will put himself, his personal wealth, above all and everyone else.  I just can't do it.

Personally I may not vote at all for either of them. Whoever wins I just might have to look the other way and hold my nose for 4 years.  If I had to pick now, I'd probably rather have Trump lose just so the party can move on from him. What I WANT is a Republican who is actually a decent human being. Someone who will push and push for his policy, but knows when to compromise a bit with the other side and take a bit of a win, and then fight on another day.  Someone who doesn't come on TV and have me say...I will still give you a chance just don't make this ALL about you..and 2 minutes in its all about him.  I don't love Biden, I'm not impressed with Harris, but to get a respectable Republican, I think Trump has to lose so the party has a chance to move on.

I honestly 100% understand this sentiment. 

I just can’t do it.  This Presidency likely replaces 1-2 Supreme Court Justices. 

The long term border actions are not only disastrous for money, safety, drug, terror implications, but it’s being done on purpose.  This will yield future voters.  Voters who will have grown up relying on govt handouts.  So they’re predisposed to vote Dem.  Nevermind the fact that house seats and determined by overall population and states like California are backfilling their exodus by importing residents from the border.   So far, it’s been a net of maybe 1-2 seats for Dems, as apportionment goes both ways .. Texas/Florida gaining a seat too, but it’s something to think about. 

So, I understand the want to remove Trump from the party - I do too … but Harris wants to implement aggressive handout policy and as we know.. once you start handing out money, it’s rarely reigned back in.  

A lot of long term consequences in play for the immediate satisfaction of removing MAGA. 

My only hope, should you get your wish, is that the next four years would usher in 8 years of DeSantis or Youngkin, but damage will likely be done prior to that. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

And as far as people posting polls saying Harris is up and likely to win....or Trump is catching back up in better odds, or Harris is leading in some swing states, or Trump leads on certain policies....SO WHAT?  I mean, this is a message board and the reason it is here is to discuss things, but posting your favorite candidate is leading in some poll or some issue isn't going to change anyone's mind...that is just a way to make yourself feel better, by finding something that supports your own point of view and putting it out there to figuratively poke in the eye the people who don't agree with you.  But again, its a message board, I guess that is what this is here for. 🤷‍♂️   I just think when people post stuff that includes pet name calling or use 'colorful' adjectives to describe candidates...just...grow up already.

I think the current polls (and most all polls) are about trends.  Trends are important with 80 days left til the election.  Polls told us Biden had to go.  They tell you the rationale for decisions, for instance over 80% of D's were not satisfied with Biden as a candidate.  80% are with Harris.

• Like (+1) 1

Elections over. Call it.

https://www.newsweek.com/rasmussen-reports-poll-kamala-harris-leading-donald-trump-michigan-1940792

Rasmussen, the most conservative poller, has Harris up in MI and PA.

LV | 8/13-8/17

Michigan (MI)

🔵 Harris 48% (+1)

🔴 Trump 47%

Expanded with third parties:

🔵 Harris 47% (+3)

🔴 Trump 44%

Pennsylvania (PA)

🔴 Trump 48% (+1)

🔵 Harris 47%

Expanded with third parties:

🔵 Harris 46% (+1)

🔴 Trump 45%

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

everything about the Trump campaign is fake

Do you have the direct link to Trump's post on X from his account?  I couldn't find it.  

Edit:  Found it.  Quite frankly, stupid post on his part.

Edited by phypon

Aggregate of aggregates showing who is leading in the key 7 swing states and nationally (Includes RCP, 270toWin, DecisionDesk, RaceToTheWhiteHouse, Economist, NYT, 538, and Silver)

NATIONAL

🔵 HARRIS +2.3%

WISCONSIN

🔵 HARRIS +2.7%

MICHIGAN

🔵 HARRIS +2.4%

PENNSYLVANIA

🔵 HARRIS +1.5%

ARIZONA

🔵 HARRIS +1.3%

NORTH CAROLINA

🔴 TRUMP +0.6%

NEVADA

🔴 TRUMP +0.8%

GEORGIA

🔴 TRUMP +1.5%

If these were the margins on EC day Harris wins the electoral college 281-257

37 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

If these were the margins on EC day Harris wins the electoral college 281-257

They won't be the 'margins' by the end of this week. 

B-)

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

B-)

How is announcing a de facto 20% tax on every single American something to campaign on?

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

How is announcing a de facto 20% tax on every single American something to campaign on?

Not to mention: "I look at what you do. You walk in and say, 'You want to quit?' I won't mention the name of the company, but they go on strike, and you say, 'That's OK. You're all gone. You're all gone. So, every one of you is gone.'" That will go great in MI, PA, and WI.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

B-)

Cool! We will put B-Man down as Kamala getting a convention bump with her winning additional states in the tally then!