Philly's late 2nd for Travis?

I think Philly's late 2nd is only a pipe dream. With Arrington to Arizona, TD has lost all leverage with trading Travis.

We are looking at only a third rounder for TH, if that. TD definately won the poker game with Atlanta and Peerless a few years ago, but this time he has gotten reemed by waiting and playing hardball. We may not even get a third for TH.

It goes to prove what many of us have thought all along. NFL personel men know that TH is a hog-o-lot. Many of you pipe dreamers had thoughts of a late first rounder for TH about nine months ago.

I think Philly's late 2nd is only a pipe dream. With Arrington to Arizona, TD has lost all leverage with trading Travis.

We are looking at only a third rounder for TH, if that. TD definately won the poker game with Atlanta and Peerless a few years ago, but this time he has gotten reemed by waiting and playing hardball. We may not even get a third for TH.

It goes to prove what many of us have thought all along. NFL personel men know that TH is a hog-o-lot. Many of you pipe dreamers had thoughts of a late first rounder for TH about nine months ago.

314550[/snapback]

You're assuming TH will be dealt today...I bet TD ends up saying something like "we tried to trade him, but just didn't get the value"

I would disagree about TD being found out.

First, is there credible proof that he was offered that 44th pick in any scenario? If so, where? Second, why would he take Shelton and a higher salary (I believe) when, even according to one analyst's contact within the Bills organization, he's really a RT and overmatched at LT. He doesn't fit this team. So Henry straight up for Shelton would be stupid. Also, AZ has it's line set with Shelton as a reserve, meaning he's a possible June 1 cut. Again, TD had leverage there. Lastly, there seems to be no deal with AZ that made sense to Buffalo.

Bottomline is, TD did what he felt was best. Why trade a guy for the sake of tradig him? Yeah, he's a pain, but making a move because it's draft weekend is foolish if the right deal isn't there. Anything can happen.

We can all second guess the guy, but if any one of us had a clue, we wouldn't be here typing away in our rooms, we'd be on a staff somewhere!

First, is there credible proof that he was offered that 44th pick in any scenario? If so, where? Second, why would he take Shelton and a higher salary (I believe) when, even according to one analyst's contact within the Bills organization, he's really a RT and overmatched at LT. He doesn't fit this team. So Henry straight up for Shelton would be stupid. Also, AZ has it's line set with Shelton as a reserve, meaning he's a possible June 1 cut. Again, TD had leverage there. Lastly, there seems to be no deal with AZ that made sense to Buffalo.

Bottomline is, TD did what he felt was best. Why trade a guy for the sake of tradig him? Yeah, he's a pain, but making a move because it's draft weekend is foolish if the right deal isn't there. Anything can happen.

We can all second guess the guy, but if any one of us had a clue, we wouldn't be here typing away in our rooms, we'd be on a staff somewhere!

314566[/snapback]

Agreed on many levels. However, TH would be an unbelievable distraction if he isn't traded. I think he MUST be traded for whatever TD can now get for him. We don't need a malcontent on this team, especially one who has been so ridiculously vocal (as has his agent). Cut him if push comes to shove during training camp!!

314566[/snapback]

GMs don't make mistakes? Then how do they get fired?

Also, I didn't know that hiring in the NFL was a meritocracy. People on this board who would know better probably will never be discovered. That is life: the best talents are often never discovered.

TD has plenty of leverage left. Travis doesn't need to be dealt this weekend.

Just sit back and wait for a RB to go down in training camp (you know it will happen) and suddenly getting a second rounder will seem very, very easy.

Don't panic.

Just sit back and wait for a RB to go down in training camp (you know it will happen) and suddenly getting a second rounder will seem very, very easy.

Don't panic.

314628[/snapback]

a 2nd rounder next year = a 3rd rounder this year.........

How do you figure? Next years draft is supposed to be much stronger.

314636[/snapback]

immediate help vs. future benefit........you haven't heard this argument from the JP trade spin group?

you get the guy in your system.......he potentially plays........he adds to your depth regardless.........as opposed to waiting for an entire year to get that benefit..........

Don't panic.

314628[/snapback]

I think that plan is too risky. We could use the help THIS year. Also, who would take TH's place if we traded him that late? We do need a solid back up.

immediate help vs. future benefit........you haven't heard this argument from the JP trade spin group?

you get the guy in your system.......he potentially plays........he adds to your depth regardless.........as opposed to waiting for an entire year to get that benefit..........

314644[/snapback]

That only applies if you are getting players of equal or greater value.

In this case, a 3rd rounder in this year's draft (most likely) will not be as good as a second round pick in next year's draft. IMO

I think that plan is too risky. We could use the help THIS year. Also, who would take TH's place if we traded him that late? We do need a solid back up.

314656[/snapback]

No, risky is panicking and taking any deal on draft day because you think "you have to".

Then you wind up with a subpar player.

Wait out the storm. If he isn't dealt this weekend, or by the deadline, then you gambled and lost. But there is no one left on the board right now that would be instant help for the Bills anyway.

No, risky is panicking and taking any deal on draft day because you think "you have to".

Then you wind up with a subpar player.

Wait out the storm. If he isn't dealt this weekend, or by the deadline, then you gambled and lost. But there is no one left on the board right now that would be instant help for the Bills anyway.

314664[/snapback]

Trade TH for a 3rd and take Frank Gore to replace him.