Biden's approach to social media

shoshin

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The content of my post was an early post on social media by Pres-Elect Biden. It will be interesting to see how #46 uses social media. His first post (or his team's first post if you want to credit them) is different. I changed no topic in whataboutism. Others are having those discussions in other threads. I started a new one about our next president and an early post-election post that is only positive about the country we all share, Dem, Rep, or other. 

Yeah, right. Uh-huh. 

26 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You saw something negative in 46’s post?

I said absolutely nothing about Biden’s tweet. 

If you want to change the subject of my post, why doesn’t Twitter add a red font disclaimer about the fact that the election hasn’t been certified by any government agency?

But in any event, your thread is still whataboutism trying to hide. At least be honest. 

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

I said absolutely nothing about Biden’s tweet. 

If you want to change the subject of my post, why doesn’t Twitter add a red font disclaimer about the fact that the election hasn’t been certified by any government agency?

But in any event, your thread is still whataboutism trying to hide. At least be honest. 

I thought you were being critical of 46's post. Maybe I misinterpreted you.

Whataboutism to what? We have a new president coming. He'll apparently be the second one to use his social media platform for messaging (Obama mostly did not, Trump clearly leveled social media use up to the max!). Seeing how 46 uses that platform is something worth discussing IMO. 

There are a million other threads about Trump here. This is about the new guy. 

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Well b.c it basically has but we are just humoring Trump.

Really?

Which government agency has certified any election result?  Which state has?

My point is that while highly improbable, it is Trump's right to challenge.

My point is that everyone who tweets this gets Twitter's red font.  It only cuts one way.  Everyone who tweets that Biden is the next president gets a pass.

100% Lame.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Really?

My point is that everyone who tweets this gets Twitter's red font.  It only cuts one way.  Everyone who tweets that Biden is the next president gets a pass.

100% Lame.

Well you cannot till you recount... But the chance of him even overturning one state is basically nil. How come you weren't mad when the Media announced Trump would be next president? Where was this outrage then?

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Well you cannot till you recount... But the chance of him even overturning one state is basically nil. How come you weren't mad when the Media announced Trump would be next president? Where was this outrage then?

Because Clinton conceded the next day.

And if she didn't then she would have had the right to challenge.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Because Clinton conceded the next day.

And if she didn't then she would have had the right to challenge.

They still called it a Trump win before... Still no outrage. So stop being a hypocrite, the recount won't do anything but waste money and time which is all Trump wants.  He wants to leave this country divided, and it seems you are happy to oblige.

Edited by TBBills

They still called it a Trump win before... Still no outrage. So stop being a hypocrite, the recount won't do anything but waste money and time which is all Trump wants.  He wants to leave this country divided, and it seems you are happy to oblige.

The only reason Clinton didn't concede that night is because she wasn't in any condition to do so (it's been reported).

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Really?

100% Lame.

What is truly lame is having a Presidential candidate with clear overall wins and enough votes in key swing states (over 10k in each) to be certified the President elect.

Not doing so, is irresponsible and goes against established democratic norms.

But Trump and his appointees do not care for democracy or the rule of law.

It is the Trump appointee at the GOC who is personally holding up the certification process in a bid to legitimize Trump's fraudulent claims of voting fraud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-gsa-letter-biden-transition/2020/11/08/07093acc-21e9-11eb-8672-c281c7a2c96e_story.html

This is not a case of an election hinging on 500 votes in Florida as in the Gore case.

If folks really want to "Stop the Steal" they need to stop Trump's overt lies and attempts to disenfranchise millions of valid votes casts by American citizens who do not support him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

What is truly lame is having a Presidential candidate with clear overall wins and enough votes in key swing states (over 10k in each) to be certified the President elect.

Not doing so, is irresponsible and goes against established democratic norms.

But Trump and his appointees do not care for democracy or the rule of law.

It is the Trump appointee at the GOC who is personally holding up the certification process in a bid to legitimize Trump's fraudulent claims of voting fraud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-gsa-letter-biden-transition/2020/11/08/07093acc-21e9-11eb-8672-c281c7a2c96e_story.html

This is not a case of an election hinging on 500 votes in Florida as in the Gore case.

If folks really want to "Stop the Steal" they need to stop Trump's overt lies and attempts to disenfranchise millions of valid votes casts by American citizens who do not support him.

My "lame" comment was referring to Twitter's editorializing.

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

They have to do that b.c too many people take him for his word even when he lies. It is dangerous to not do that.

Edited by TBBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In that context perhaps. Those social media companies are damned if they do an damned if the don't.

If they let the misinformation and troll farms run free, they are grilled in front of Congress. If they crack down on them, fact-check them, and flag the disinformation they have a crazy President screaming for his free speech rights.

0 sum game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

In that context perhaps. Those social media companies are damned if they do an damned if the don't.

If they let the misinformation and troll farms run free, they are grilled in front of Congress. If they crack down on them, fact-check them, and flag the disinformation they have a crazy President screaming for his free speech rights.

0 sum game.

Sure, with regard to troll farms , etc.

But Twitter chose the "damned if you do" approach.  And their treatment is not limited to Trump or his family.  It appears to be aimed at regular reporters and anyone *not* saying that Biden is the 46th President.

And like I have said, Biden will likely be the 46th, but it isn't settled yet, and if Twitter is going with the "damned if you do" approach, then they should apply their rule to every tweet aimed at the election results.

Sure, with regard to troll farms , etc.

But Twitter chose the "damned if you do" approach.  And their treatment is not limited to Trump or his family.  It appears to be aimed at regular reporters and anyone *not* saying that Biden is the 46th President.

And like I have said, Biden will likely be the 46th, but it isn't settled yet, and if Twitter is going with the "damned if you do" approach, then they should apply their rule to every tweet aimed at the election results.

It only not settled in Trump's head.

If it was true that the government didn't make a decision already Trump wouldn't have his leaving papers infront of him and refuse to sign.

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It only not settled in Trump's head.

If it was true that the government didn't make a decision already Trump wouldn't have his leaving papers infront of him and refuse to sign.

What anger and hatred are going to fill your life once Trump is out of office?

You've got 70,000,000 people to choose from. You going to cancel them all in your little hate-filled mind?

I'd ask you WTF are "leaving papers", but I have quickly lost interest in anything you have to say.

Don't bother answering.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

What anger and hatred are going to fill your life once Trump is out of office?

You've got 70,000,000 people to choose from. You going to cancel them all in your little hate-filled mind?

I'd ask you WTF are "leaving papers", but I have quickly lost interest in anything you have to say.

Don't bother answering.

I have no anger for the mentally ill like Trump. I only hate how he lies and filled this country with corruption. He would fire anyone that does not bow down to his corrupt way. What president fires 4 SoD's in 2 years all b.c they won't jump in his pocket?

Don't quote me and I won't respond. It's simple yet you cannot get it.

Edited by TBBills

I have no anger for the mentally ill like Trump. I only hate how he lies and filled this country with corruption. He would fire anyone that does not bow down to his corrupt way. What president fires 4 SoD's in 2 years all bmc they won't jump in his pocket?

Don't quote me and I won't respond.

To be honest some things president trump got to me badly hate and there was some good.                                  Respect what you have to say man. You're own thoughts respect that. Just gets me the nonsense and insults here as well as the degrading. I do hate this from both sides. I'm like knock it off. 

• Like (+1) 1