Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

You do know this injured occurred at the end of the game in week 4? and he missed the first half Of week 1 and all of week 2 because of a hamstring? Nothing about his recovery from the pec strain is abnormal. I’m not sure why you are treating it like some career ending injury.

Sure we're great when he's in there.  It's EJ Gaines part 2 tho, and I see little reason to expect that to improve.  His game is translating to mostly unavailable.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Sure we're great when he's in there.  It's EJ Gaines part 2 tho, and I see little reason to expect that to improve.  His game is translating to mostly unavailable.  

Then don’t give him an extension if you think he’s going to be hurt a lot (hard to actually foresee that) but why would he retire? 

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Really??

Since you appear to be diagnosing this as a career ending injury In his career  he's played 49 out of 54 games.  So he should retire for missing five games??

In the past 4 years have you been out of work five days total sick?  If so I hope you've quit!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with this.  

I wonder if playing him in those limited snaps actually set him back?  He was out there just because of desperation but you could see he can't wrap up.  

Or maybe McDermott is thinking they'll get lit up in the passing game with our without Milano....might as well just let him heal!

Yes, Milano was limited.  And yes he gutted it out.  He gave what he could. 

It's like some people here don't understand the magnitude of the NE game.  This game (and AZ) pale in comparison. 

Let Milano now heal up.  Probably will take through the bye.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The problem isn't as much that he is injured, that is bad enough.

The real problem is we have no answer for his injury.  It is literally yardage vampire time for opposing offenses.  Easy Money.  Get Out of Jail Free card.  Take What You Want But Eat What You Take.

...it's just so much BS.  It's not just that I don't see us winning this weekend, it is honestly I don't know how we can win.

This sucks.

Seattle’s defense is dead last in yards allowed and passing yards allowed. If we’re a good team, we deal with our defensive inefficiencies and aggressively attack their secondary. If we’re a bad team, we sit around on Friday saying woe is me how can we even win? 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Milano's injuries must be more serious than the team is letting on, in fact wondering if he ended up partially or fully tearing his Pec, if so expect him to be put on season ending IR soon.

The only silver lining is that at least we didn't sign him to a big extension before the season started or the situation would be pretty dire. Solid player but too injury prone for a long term investment and let some other team overpay for him next year coming off an injury riddled season.

A strain IS a partial tear, genius. 

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Seattle’s defense is dead last in yards allowed and passing yards allowed. If we’re a good team, we deal with our defensive inefficiencies and aggressively attack their secondary. If we’re a bad team, we sit around on Friday saying woe is me how can we even win? 

I hear you, but I don't play on the team so it's what I do...especially when I don't think our team is that good right now.

Taiwan Jones is out?  We're doomed.  As some have mentioned, we are not stopping anyone (particularly with an offense as good as the Seahawks') with or without Milano this year.  The game will be a shootout and let's hope we can outscore them.  It may boil down to whoever gets the last possession.  Given that the next 2 games are NFC opponents, it makes sense to rest Milano until after the bye and see if he can help down the stretch.  John Brown playing may be more important this game, as we need all of our offensive weapons to keep pace and have a shot.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they saw he was not as effective as they need him to be while trying to play through the injury and as he wasn’t playing that many snaps anyway it made sense to let him rest it. Don’t think there is more to it - Milano himself said it’s not torn all the way through but it’s still a strain and he’s injured. IR would make sense 

Yeah he needs to rest and get healthy...playing 15-19 snaps a game in limited action is not really doing much for us.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they saw he was not as effective as they need him to be while trying to play through the injury and as he wasn’t playing that many snaps anyway it made sense to let him rest it. Don’t think there is more to it - Milano himself said it’s not torn all the way through but it’s still a strain and he’s injured. IR would make sense 

yes I only saw him in guaranteed passing coverage situations. I suspect he’s a one armed man trying to defend the run.....

so one armed Milano or AJKlien 🧐 

@Yolo I expect you are very familiar with the new add, former buckeye. Can he play?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood