Woo Hoo got Paul McCartney tickets

Some of the west coast went on-sale to the general public with some east coast outlets starting on Monday. Some had pre-sales that were a day or so, a couple of them only lasted 10 am - noon. Picked up some lower levels near the stage, so I'm stoked. :w00t:

Congrats. I got my tickets yesterday and am very happy with the seats.

I saw him three years ago and he was great. You are really going to have a great time -- especially if you are a Beatles fan.

Some of the west coast went on-sale to the general public with some east coast outlets starting on Monday.  Some had pre-sales that were a day or so, a couple of them only lasted 10 am - noon.  Picked up some lower levels near the stage, so I'm stoked. :w00t:

313850[/snapback]

I saw him about fifteen years ago or so at RFK Stadium in DC on the 4th of July...hot as blazes that day but one of the best concerts I've ever seen! Enjoy. :lol:

With the decent tickets going for $250 at the BankNorth Garden, I won't be going. How much weathier does this guy need to be? :w00t:

314245[/snapback]

Well, Michael Jackson did rob him blind with the rights to all those Beatles songs. :lol:

With the decent tickets going for $250 at the BankNorth Garden, I won't be going. How much weathier does this guy need to be? :lol:

314245[/snapback]

His cars probably take premium. :w00t:

With the decent tickets going for $250 at the BankNorth Garden, I won't be going. How much weathier does this guy need to be? :D

314245[/snapback]

I understand your point, but I would rather have him get than the scalpers.

I understand your point, but I would rather have him get than the scalpers.

315743[/snapback]

Exactly.

When concert tickets first started getting real high-priced, my initial reaction was to think they were being greedy, but after thinking about it, I realized they're only asking for the same $$$ the scalpers will get.

When tickets were more affordable, the scalpers would buy up hundreds of thousands of seats and sell them at inflated prices.

The management, promoters, and artists figured they would just cut the middle men and sell for directly to the fans, since they were often paying high prices anyway. The upside is that the fans can more easily buy tickets for premium shows through the box office, since they're not all horded by the scalpers.

At least when you give this money to McCartney, The Stone, Eagles, etc...you know a lot of the money is used to produce a monstrous extravaganza of a show.

I don't doubt that scalpers often funded their drug trade with this money.

I haven't seen McCartney since the '92 shows, but I hear his last tour a couple of years ago was great. His band was much more lively and rockin' then his tour band during the '89-'92 shows. That band was technically competant, but they show have hid themselves in the studio. They acted like they bored with the whole thing. The keyboard player (Wix) is the only member to still be on board from the band 15 years ago. It's possible the old band was somewhat restricted by the limited talents of McCartney's late wife Linda, whom McCartney liked to have at his side in the band.

Thinking about catching the show her in hot 'lanta. I hope he'll revive some numbers from the archives that he hasn't played in the past. His "magic piano" and Hey Jude schtick is getting old. ("ok...everybody on this side...na na na na-na-na-na") Alright Paul, we get it. Next.

Exactly.

When concert tickets first started getting real high-priced, my initial reaction was to think they were being greedy, but after thinking about it, I realized  they're only asking for the same $$$ the scalpers will get.

When tickets were more affordable, the scalpers would buy up hundreds of thousands of seats and sell them at inflated prices.

The management, promoters, and artists figured they would just cut the middle men and sell for directly to the fans, since they were often paying high prices anyway. The upside is that the fans can more easily buy tickets for premium shows through the box office, since they're not all horded by the scalpers.

At least when you give this money to McCartney, The Stone, Eagles, etc...you know a lot of the money is used to produce a monstrous extravaganza of a show.

I don't doubt that scalpers often funded their drug trade with this money.

I haven't seen McCartney since the '92 shows, but I hear his last tour a couple of years ago was great. His band was much more lively and rockin' then his tour band during the '89-'92 shows. That band was technically competant, but they should have hid themselves in the studio. They acted like they were bored with the whole thing. The keyboard player (Wix) is the only member to still be on board from the band 15 years ago. It's possible the old band was somewhat restricted by the limited talents of McCartney's late wife Linda, whom McCartney liked to have at his side in the band.

Thinking about catching the show her in hot 'lanta. I hope he'll revive some numbers from the archives that he hasn't played in the past. His "magic piano" and Hey Jude schtick is getting old. ("ok...everybody on this side...na na na  na-na-na-na") Alright Paul, we get it. Next.

315999[/snapback]