Shaud Williams' Sirius radio interview

Just listened to his interview from yesterday. He is just a very well spoken young-man. His talk about what he went through during the draft last year gave me a whole new perspective on what UDFA's must feel. He said he didn't even watch the first day, and then couldn't help himself being glued to the TV the second day. Never heard his name, maybe the only time his phone rang was in the 6th round when TD called him to say they would like to sign him if he didn't get drafted. The thoughts that must go through young players' heads at that point on their ability and potential to make it in the NFL has to be so discouraging at that point. Just makes me feel good to see those types of players succeed by making a roster but then to succeed further and get some PT and crack the NFL record books by scoring a touchdown. If Shaud ends up as our #2 running back this year, i hope he shuts up all the critics he will have in here by playing lights out.

The success from last year in the UDFA market makes me think a lot of UDFA's will be looking at Buffalo as their first option (unless another team has a glaring weakness at their position) which could mean we have a few more on the team this year.

The thoughts that must go through young players' heads at that point on their ability and potential to make it in the NFL has to be so discouraging at that point.

And a late wake-up call to those athletes who always said "Who needs a degree?" and were pushed through by taking sociology 101, pool management, etc.

The success from last year in the UDFA market makes me think a lot of UDFA's will be looking at Buffalo as their first option (unless another team has a glaring weakness at their position) which could mean we have a few more on the team this year.

313614[/snapback]

I hope Shaud tears it up. The big knock was that he wasn't tall/big enough, which for a RB is much less of an issue than other positions.

UDFAs go where there is an opportunity for them based on depth charts. Dorenbos came to Buffalo last year b/c there were no other LSs on the roster. It's not so much a thing of going to specific teams.