Cell Phone Service - Keeping the same number

I just ordered service from verizon through wirefly.com and they offered number porting. I was wondering if it's as easy as it sounds. I probably should've asked before switching services, but I was tired of getting bunk service through SprintP-O-S.

I just ordered service from verizon through wirefly.com and they offered number porting.  I was wondering if it's as easy as it sounds. I probably should've asked before switching services, but I was tired of getting bunk service through SprintP-O-S.

313506[/snapback]

I switched from Alltel to Verizon. No problem at all with keeping the same number. It is as easy as it sounds.

There may be some lag time for your new service to recieve calls at your transferred number. Most providers recommend you hang on to your old phone/service until the new one can recieve calls at the transferred number. besides that, it's easy.

I went from sprint to verizon and ported my number. It's free of charge (by law, i believe) and simple. I just had to provide my sprint account #, telephone number, billing name and address. It's way easier to port than to remember and give out a new telephone number. You're an idiot if you don't port.

Edit: i have a motorola v710... awesome phone.

Good. Did the number porting thing when they offered it, so I should be all set then.

Went with the LG VX8000. Looks to be an ok phone. Never understood why the cool phones are always with the worst companies (Cingular, T-Mobile) :w00t: