Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk/X Files Lawsuit Against Censorship Syndicate GARM

• 2 weeks later...

What happens when your liberal 'friends' turn on you.

"In public... Mr. Zuckerberg is declining to engage with Washington except when necessary. In private, he has stopped supporting programs..."

"... at his philanthropy that could be perceived as partisan, and he has tamped down employee activism at Meta said [friends, advisers, and executives], who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to do so or did not want to jeopardize their relationships with Mr. Zuckerberg.... 'The political environment, I think I didn’t have much sophistication around, and I think I just fundamentally misdiagnosed the problem,' Mr. Zuckerberg said during a recent interview at a live podcast event in San Francisco.

Last month, Mr. Zuckerberg publicly expressed regret around some of his political activity in a letter to Congress. He said that in 2021, the Biden administration 'pressured' Meta into censoring more Covid-19 content than Mr. Zuckerberg felt comfortable with. And he said he would not repeat the contributions he made in 2020 to support electoral infrastructure because the gifts made him appear not 'neutral.' Mr. Zuckerberg’s evolution has drawn comparatively little attention compared to that of tech titans like Elon Musk... But it is also reflective of a larger shift in Silicon Valley, where chief executives have grown frustrated with contentious social issues. Their response has largely been to back away from it."

From "Mark Zuckerberg Is Done With Politics/He was once a backer of liberal causes. Then everyone seemed to turn on him. Now he wants to stay away from politics — if that’s possible" (NYT).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/24/technology/mark-zuckerberg-trump-politics.html?smid=url-share

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/09/in-public-mr-zuckerberg-is-declining-to.html

On 9/26/2024 at 2:43 PM, Roundybout said:

On 9/26/2024 at 3:19 PM, Roundybout said:

Poster who supports those who rail against "misinformation" 

Cries when someone who posted B. S. is shut down.

(Childish attempt to influence the V.P. debate)

Honest Question to folks voting for Harris/Walz.. do yall support this?

Walz has called for similar measures.

This type of rhetoric is a complete non-starter for myself & I would crawl over glass to vote for anyone opposing this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Censorship Is THE Biggest Issue in This Election

David Strom 

There is a lot at stake in this election cycle, as you all know. But in my mind, the make-or-break issue is protecting the First Amendment and, by extension, the Constitution and our freedoms. 

Yes, the border matters immensely. Yes, the US is embroiled in wars abroad that should never have broken out. 

But without freedom of speech and the ability to break the near monopoly on information distribution, our country will be gone. We won't even have a fighting chance. 

Before you say, "the Supreme Court will save us," recall that the Democrats have been agitating to expand the Court and pack it with leftists. Countless articles have been written to delegitimize the Court, and Democrats in Congress and in the Biden administration have been laying the groundwork to nullify the independence of the Court. We can't predict whether they will succeed, but by the time the Supreme Court hears a case, the censorship regime will be fully in place. 

Freedom of speech is under coordinated attack across the West. The UN is pushing it. The World Economic Forum has it in its sights--naming "disinformation" as the greatest threat, eclipsing war, famine, and epidemics. The European Union is at war with freedom of speech, even demanding that Twitter/X not platform Donald Trump at all. 

It was a stunning display of arrogance, and the Biden/Harris administration seemed more than fine with it. No pushback at all. 

In just the past few weeks, Hillary Clinton has bemoaned that without "total control," we baddies have a voice, so she votes for total control. John Kerry declared the First Amendment to be an "obstacle" to the transnational elite's war on the free market. 

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/10/07/censorship-is-the-biggest-issue-in-this-election-n3795492

• 2 weeks later...