Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk/X Files Lawsuit Against Censorship Syndicate GARM

• 2 weeks later...

What happens when your liberal 'friends' turn on you.

"In public... Mr. Zuckerberg is declining to engage with Washington except when necessary. In private, he has stopped supporting programs..."

"... at his philanthropy that could be perceived as partisan, and he has tamped down employee activism at Meta said [friends, advisers, and executives], who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to do so or did not want to jeopardize their relationships with Mr. Zuckerberg.... 'The political environment, I think I didn’t have much sophistication around, and I think I just fundamentally misdiagnosed the problem,' Mr. Zuckerberg said during a recent interview at a live podcast event in San Francisco.

Last month, Mr. Zuckerberg publicly expressed regret around some of his political activity in a letter to Congress. He said that in 2021, the Biden administration 'pressured' Meta into censoring more Covid-19 content than Mr. Zuckerberg felt comfortable with. And he said he would not repeat the contributions he made in 2020 to support electoral infrastructure because the gifts made him appear not 'neutral.' Mr. Zuckerberg’s evolution has drawn comparatively little attention compared to that of tech titans like Elon Musk... But it is also reflective of a larger shift in Silicon Valley, where chief executives have grown frustrated with contentious social issues. Their response has largely been to back away from it."

From "Mark Zuckerberg Is Done With Politics/He was once a backer of liberal causes. Then everyone seemed to turn on him. Now he wants to stay away from politics — if that’s possible" (NYT).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/24/technology/mark-zuckerberg-trump-politics.html?smid=url-share

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/09/in-public-mr-zuckerberg-is-declining-to.html