I never heard the Eagles offered

RVJ

Last week, the Bucs called the Bills to inquire about running back Travis Henry, who has demanded a trade. The Cardinals are believed to still be a front-runner for Henry's services; on the NFL Network Thursday coach Dennis Green said there still was life to the trade.

Henry has been linked to the Eagles, who reportedly offered a second-round pick for him, the Dayton Daily News reported.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/22/Sports/Rumor_mill.shtml

If its true, I'd guess that they probably offered the 63rd overall pick, which still isn't bad at all. I would have been tempted to just take it. That said, I can't blame Donahoe for holding out a little bit longer. Perhaps if the Bills were to tack on a little extra, they might be able to get the 35th (or even 31st) overall pick, a scenario I detailed in the mock draft I posted this morning (with the Bills adding a 3rd next year to get pick 35).

If its true,  I'd guess that they probably offered the 63rd overall pick,  which still isn't bad at all.  I would have been tempted to just take it. That said,  I can't blame Donahoe for holding out a little bit longer.  Perhaps if the Bills were to tack on a little extra,  they might be able to get the 35th (or even 31st) overall pick,  a scenario I detailed in the mock draft I posted this morning (with the Bills adding a 3rd next year to get pick 35).

312774[/snapback]

See, if you end up with #35 & #55 you can get yourself some good players and avoid that 1st round signing bonus cash.

No reason for TD not to wait until Draft Day now...we got three teams actively going after Henry, and he's waiting to see if one of them will panic and up their offer.  At this point, waiting another day is a very smart thing to do.

312929[/snapback]

Agreed!! I just don't want to see 2 teams go get other backs and then 1 left to give up almost nothing for TH. Just as TD says,we cant give him away for nothing and I for one dont want to see it all fall apart in the end.

Even if he isn't traded. He would be good insurance if McGahee got hurt in preseason. And someones top RB will get hurt this preseason...And a trade in next years draft will be just as good.