Would you trade Clements and next year's

Not a chance in hell, Clements is a top 10 corner as it is right now and he will do nothing but get better it seems. His price would be a premium, probobly a first and 4th round pick Id think and maybe we'd throw in something else in the exchange.

I really hope we don't get rid of Nate, regardless of the Jax game.

There is no way i wouldtrade Clements for a 1st round choice as even in this draft where there are a few productive CBs available who would start immediately it would weaken this year's team for some hopeful butfar from certain future benefit.

Clements is not the best CB in the NFL, but he is a Pro Bowler in development and can contribute a lot to the 2005 team with an acceptable number of hiccups assuming he learned from the error of not knocking the ball down against Jax instead of going for the INT. The fumble in the Pitts gsme was n error but one which can be accepted if he runs back great PRs from time to time and eleminates the foolish mental errors which costs us games as with Jax.

He may walk after next year with no compensation for us, but if that happens though we should try to avoid it, it is a bad idea to trade the present for the future out of fear of losing an FA. Its part of the rules and simply the way things happen. The gift we got for PP from TD taking advantage of Arthur Blank's foolishness was the exception not the rule.

Sometimes you lose a Winfield or a Jennings with no compensation, but you also can acquire a Spikes, or a Fletcher without giving up compensation so if you play the game well we can win at this. In my mind TD was a total screw-up in choosing GW over Fox and Lewis and we paid with a bad record, but I think he has done very well in the game of getting and losing FAs.

In my mind, we should keep Clements this year and resign him if we can to a contract after 2005. If he suffers an injury as happens with pro football players we can get him on the cheap as we did with Andre Reed or simply let him go as damaged goods we do not owe anything to as we did with Sam Cowart.

I think TD should resign Clements now if he can get him on the cheap, but I have no problem at all and in fact think it is the right thing to do to let it wait, get an incredibly productive year from him in'05 as he is playing for a payday. One can go from worst to first quicker than ever in this league today and the future is now.

Folks who advocate planning for the future and trading Clements now for some draft picks that MAY payoff two years down the line will always see the golden ring coming two years down the line and will never get there.

The furture is now and the Bills should go for it in 2005. If JP falters and Hiolcomb does not step up there will be time for as good HC and GM to retool and go for it next year, but lets not unilaterally give up on making the playoffs before we are forced to.

If you don't give up after an 0-4 start and you come within winning a game we should have won of making it, then why give up when we are 0-0, have a favorable schedule and have a team coming back that looks better than the 04 team to me.