Fins still a possibility for Henry

RVJ

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe is playing some serious hardball, but the reality is that there's almost no way he can bring back a disgruntled Henry.

Once again, this is another scenario that will depend on the draft, and who misses out on the running back they covet. Miami hasn't been mentioned in the equation for some time, but if Nick Saban goes another way with his No. 2 overall choice (and it's starting to look that way), the possibility of Henry landing in South Beach will be renewed. And if Jon Gruden settles on USC's Mike Williams over Auburn's Carnell Williams at No. 5, he might be able to pry Henry loose from the Bills for either the 36th or 71st overall pick.

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe is playing some serious hardball, but the reality is that there's almost no way he can bring back a disgruntled Henry.

Once again, this is another scenario that will depend on the draft, and who misses out on the running back they covet. Miami hasn't been mentioned in the equation for some time, but if Nick Saban goes another way with his No. 2 overall choice (and it's starting to look that way), the possibility of Henry landing in South Beach will be renewed. And if Jon Gruden settles on USC's Mike Williams over Auburn's Carnell Williams at No. 5, he might be able to pry Henry loose from the Bills for either the 36th or 71st overall pick.

312749[/snapback]

Now that miami has a 2nd round pick, I think Henry to Miami is more likely. Saban is desperately trying to trade down, and doesn't want to draft a running back in the first round. I suspect he would love Henry, and Ricky Williams may be back as well. This gives the dolphins a great backfield for little cost.

I'd rather take a third from TB, Philly or Ariz. It has nothing to do with my hatred for the Stinkin' Fish. It is just that there is still a good chance TH will have several good seasons ahead of him. I'd really rather not have to face him two times a year for the next six, seven or eight years.

I'd rather take a third from TB, Philly or Ariz. It has nothing to do with my hatred for the Stinkin' Fish. It is just that there is still a good chance TH will have several good seasons ahead of him. I'd really rather not have to face him two times a year for the next six, seven or eight years.

312848[/snapback]

Id rather just hold onto to him if we cant get value. A 3rd is a joke.

i doubt TH will end up in miami. tho i do think miami may indirectly decide THs final destination

wouldn't surprise me to see...

miami trade out of #2 with washington. #2 and filler (late round or next years late round pick) for #9, #25, and filler

miami trades #25 and filler to indy or seattle for james/alexandar and filler

if alexandar, we send TH and 2nd to seattle for #25 and filler

if james, we send TH and 2nd to indy for #29 and filler

Facing TH twice a year does not scare me at all. He has no break away speed and still has a little bit of fumbilitis, although he has improved. I don't see him getting through our D that easy, even if he is trying to prove something to us.

Facing TH twice a year does not scare me at all.  He has no break away speed and still has a little bit of fumbilitis, although he has improved.  I don't see him getting through our D that easy, even if he is trying to prove something to us.

312877[/snapback]

Travis Minor and Sammy Morris made it through our D pretty easy last year. Are they better than Travis Henry?