#3 WR

MrLocke

After Jerome Pathon and now Kevin Johnson is anyone alse upset we have not looked at bringing in a veteran to be our #3 receiver. I realize we have Josh Reed and Sam Aiken on this roster and one of those two might be able fill this role it just even if we use 3rd or 4th round pick on a receiver its not likely he will contribute this year. Where as if we sign a Kevin Johnson or Jerome Pathon he probably would be able to contribute. Also TD said the offense was what had to improve and in my opinion this would be an easy position to improve at.

After Jerome Pathon and now Kevin Johnson is anyone alse upset we have not looked at bringing in a veteran to be our #3 receiver. I realize we have Josh Reed and Sam Aiken on this roster and one of those two might be able fill this role it just even if we use 3rd or 4th round pick on a receiver its not likely he will contribute this year. Where as if we sign a Kevin Johnson or Jerome Pathon he probably would be able to contribute. Also TD said the offense was what had to improve and in my opinion this would be an easy position to improve at.

312674[/snapback]

I thought Tai Streets would be an interesting guy to bring in as a #3 WR candidate. I am not sure why there has been so little interest in him throughout the NFL, unless his salary demands are outrageous.

I thought Tai Streets would be an interesting guy to bring in as a #3 WR candidate.  I am not sure why there has been so little interest in him throughout the NFL, unless his salary demands are outrageous.

312676[/snapback]

Is he even a free agent? I thought he was still locked up with Detroit.

In a Buffalo News article this morning, TD stated that he's not as down on Reed as the fans are. He cited his injury and problems coming back from that injury at the end of the year. I guess the staff isn't looking for a new #3 right now. Although, I would think that we would pick up a veteran that could push for that #3 spot just before or during training camp.

Do you think that given our current cap situation and needs, a number 3 wide receiver is high on anybody's need list?

312683[/snapback]

This is just it how much of a strain would a 3rd wide receiver be on our cap? Kevin Johnson signed a 1 year 1 million dollar contract, however the cap hit would not be the full one million dollars because only your top 51? players count against the cap so he would just knock someone out with a lower cap figure.

This is just it how much of a strain would a 3rd wide receiver be on our cap? Kevin Johnson signed a 1 year 1 million dollar contract, however the cap hit would not be the full one million dollars because only your top 51? players count against the cap so he would just knock someone out with a lower cap figure.

312697[/snapback]

...or you could save the 1 million and wait until the June 1st cuts, or even the darft, when you might get an actual difference maker, instead of a has been.

The #3 WR for the Bills is already on the team, and will work itself out in camp or pre-season. Reed and Aiken, while they both have flaws, are capable of filling that role.

312708[/snapback]

I'd like to believe this is true. I know the same holds true for depth at other positions, but from an injury standpoint, who becomes the starter if Moulds or Evans goes down....Reed, Aiken or Fast Freddie?

TD contradicted himself horribly in that article. After we traded PP away he said he drafted Josh Reed to be a starter and in this article he says he drafted him to play the slot.

312716[/snapback]

Reed was drafted while PP was still here, without knowing for sure at the time that PP would be leaving.

I'd like to believe this is true.  I know the same holds true for depth at other positions, but from an injury standpoint, who becomes the starter if Moulds or Evans goes down....Reed, Aiken or Fast Freddie?

312714[/snapback]

That is a tough arguement to make. It doesn't hold water because the same could be said about any position on the field. What if MaGahee goes down? What if Clements goes down? What if Big Mike goes down? We already have, IMHO, 2 number one guys at the WR postion. You can't really ask for more than that.

That is a tough arguement to make. It doesn't hold water because the same could be said about any position on the field. What if MaGahee goes down? What if Clements goes down? What if Big Mike goes down? We already have, IMHO, 2 number one guys at the WR postion. You can't really ask for more than that.

312723[/snapback]

I thought I included this disclaimer in my previous post? 0:)