Kansas City on verge of getting Surtain

saban is one of the best. he coming to maimi scares me more than other offeseason move in the league this offseason. the guy is relentless and will turn miami into a force in 2-3 years. he knows talent and knows how to get guys to play. at msu - he was simply brillant and made stars out of average talents.

surtain was a jacka$s of a guy and an average player, indeed. cheifs are desperate to cover moss - that is all.

The chiefs just became saban's beotch. WORST TRADE EVER.

surtain is one of the most overrated CBs in the NFL. Only charles woodson is more overrated.

Fuggin saban...I have a feeling that it won't take long for miami to become the most hated team again.

312681[/snapback]

cheifs are desperate to cover moss - that is all.

312702[/snapback]

My question is this though:

Who COULD the Chiefs cover last year???

They needed defensive help. Period. Regardless of what team would play them, their defense was eaten alive most of the time last year.

saban is one of the best.  he coming to maimi scares me more than other offeseason move in the league this offseason.  the guy is relentless and will turn miami into a force in 2-3 years.  he knows talent and knows how to get guys to play.  at msu - he was simply brillant and made stars out of average talents. 

surtain was a jacka$s of a guy and an average player, indeed.  cheifs are desperate to cover moss - that is all.

312702[/snapback]

Wow, that's interesting. I've made no big secret that I dont like what he's been doing, almost gutting this team to rebuild it. But I hope your right. I was excited about him coming to Miami, and then mad at him for tearing this team apart.

oh,i see, you are a fins fan. yeah, saban is a terrific coach. this entire bills board will see this when the see him for the frist time in person. the majority have never heard of the guy. as a bills diehard, i can't stand to see you guys get such a talent and have no idea why wilson passed up on him. maybe TD has poor relations with him. but yeah, at msu, saban turned around a pathetic team that had not identity. he was there in the years when they had nothing. he was able to find big time players and instilled quality all positions and coached his heart out. he is relentless with his instruction, yelling and more instruction to players. miami will be prepared to play - TRUST ME. at lsu , he was jsut as effective. his personality ensured that he would be. consitant, focused, smart, savvy, creative and lucky. gutting a team like miami was necessary. look at the morons they had on the team collecting a paycheck for years and years. they will build with character guys and their offensive and defensive lines will be stout. cedric benson could be the man. i can't see them taking rogers. they may deal out of that spot and pick up washington's 2 picks anyway. ricky willaims will be traded as well when the time comes.

Wow, that's interesting. I've made no big secret that I dont like what he's been doing, almost gutting this team to rebuild it. But I hope your right. I was excited about him coming to Miami, and then mad at him for tearing this team apart.

312744[/snapback]

Just remember, that success in college never means success in the NFL. Just look at Spurrier. Granted, Saban has done it now in two places, the NFL is still a whole different beast.

313056[/snapback]

Very true.

Saban COULD be great...and he just might be...did anyone think Bill Parcells was going to be great when the Giants hired him in 1982 I believe?