Kansas City on verge of getting Surtain

Fug the chiefs for being so stupid as to bail miami out of a horrid cap situation and by taking a guy that saban absolutely did NOT want on his team.

In a draft FULL of good CB prospects.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Fuggin Chiefs.

Fug the chiefs for being so stupid as to bail miami out of a horrid cap situation and by taking a guy that saban absolutely did NOT want on his team.

In a draft FULL of good CB prospects.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Fuggin Chiefs.

312576[/snapback]

brandon, what are you thinking?? surtain is a better than average cb who will give them up to 3 good years as a starter. that's more than you can say for most mid-round 2nd rounders. given how horrible their secondary has been, the chiefs need a guy who can actually play well, not a guy who might have the potential to play well a year or two from now. great move by the chiefs, i say, who are not in cap trouble.

brandon, what are you thinking?? surtain is a better than average cb who will give them up to 3 good years as a starter. that's more than you can say for most mid-round 2nd rounders.  given how horrible their secondary has been, the chiefs need a guy who can actually play well, not a guy who might have the potential to play well a year or two from now. great move by the chiefs, i say, who are not in cap trouble.

312580[/snapback]

it's not so much about surtain. It's about the fact that MIAMI WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO RELEASE him by June 1st. And then the Chiefs could have picked him up without sacrificing a draft pick. There was NO WAY that saban was going to keep surtain.

it's not so much about surtain. It's about the fact that MIAMI WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO RELEASE him by June 1st. And then the Chiefs could have picked him up without sacrificing a draft pick. There was NO WAY that saban was going to keep surtain.

312586[/snapback]

yeah, but 30 other teams could have signed him as well, and you can bet there would have been a lot of suitors because they wouldn't have had to inherit his miami contract. if that had happened, the chiefs' chances of obtaining him would have been less than even.

good info, but first it was a 4th rounder, then it was a 2nd AND a 4th rounder, now its a 2nd rounder..... ill just wait and see.

ever notice they always call the traded player "disgruntled" .....

312565[/snapback]

I think Surtain going for just a second would be a steal for KC. I hate to see him go. He easily could be worth a 1st rounder. My reasoning, well look at what the Giants gave up, for an unproven QB last year. Surtain is a proven player, not in a skill position, but still a proven player. If KC sends a 2nd and a 4th, I'll be much happier.

Fug the chiefs for being so stupid as to bail miami out of a horrid cap situation Fuggin Chiefs.

312576[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure they're doing this to improve their defense, and not as a favor to the phins. Of course, if you're a Broncos fan, your saying "Fug the Phins for giving the Chiefs the CB they desperately needed"

Hehe, all about perspective.

KCCs are desperate for warm defensive bodies.  Surtain is average, IMO.  i dont see how he can cover Lelie, Moss or McCardell.

312638[/snapback]

Hardly anyone can cover Moss (outside of Chicago anyway). But I think he'll do a good job taking McCardell and Lelie out of the game. He's not going to shut them down, that's obvious, but I think on average, he can hold them to under 100 yards a game.

The chiefs just became saban's beotch. WORST TRADE EVER.

surtain is one of the most overrated CBs in the NFL. Only charles woodson is more overrated.

Fuggin saban...I have a feeling that it won't take long for miami to become the most hated team again.