Let me be the first to...

I believe we are going to be in for some of the most exciting football we have seen in some time in Buffalo. Losman just exudes confidence. Did Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, or any Bills QB since Jim Kelly show that kind of swagger? Bledsoe didn't have swagger. He said the right things, but no swagger.

It may take a few games but I think Losman is going to emerge in a big way. He will make the offense better. He will open our eyes as to what was missing under Drew Bledsoe.

In fact, I will make a bold prediction right now, and you can hold me to it. I predict that not only will the Bills beat the Patriots in Foxboro, but Losman will lead the team from behind to do it. And that performance on ESPN Sunday Night will be Losman's calling card to the NFL. People will look at him, and the Bills, much differently after that game.

PTR

I believe we are going to be in for some of the most exciting football we have seen in some time in Buffalo.  Losman just exudes confidence.  Did Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, or any Bills QB since Jim Kelly show that kind of swagger?  Bledsoe didn't have swagger.  He said the right things, but no swagger.

It may take a few games but I think Losman is going to emerge in a big way.  He will make the offense better.  He will open our eyes as to what was missing under Drew Bledsoe.

In fact, I will make a bold prediction right now, and you can hold me to it.  I predict that not only will the Bills beat the Patriots in Foxboro, but Losman will lead the team from behind to do it.  And that performance on ESPN Sunday Night will be Losman's calling card to the NFL.  People will look at him, and the Bills, much differently after that game.

PTR

312318[/snapback]

Wow! That is quite the bold prediction. I hope your right and I want you to be right. I do agree we are headed for good times. That streach from the first Miami game to the San Fransisco game last season was the most impressed I have been with the Bills since the Kelly years. Yes even more impressed than the years when Wade was our coach. The way we forced turnovers on defense and put up points was quite impressive. That Steelers lose was heard to get over, though I think like TD the hangover from that lose is now over.

Stop it. Stop it now.

We don't have a number one pick in the Draft.

Our coach will succumb to the Sophomore jinx.

Our QB is an unproved, inexperienced, pompous coach killer.

Our RB hasn't played a full season after a near-death injury.

Our backup RB is a canker and more eager to be traded than to meet a room full of 14-year-old girls.

We have no Tight End (does this mean we have loose ends?)

We have no LT. Hell, we have no RT for that matter.

McNally did NOT walk on water last year - even at one measly halftime show.

We're not on MNF again (what else is new. Oh, Al Michaels! What can we do to get out of Purgatory?)

Our #1 WR is playing like a #2 and will cost $45million next year alone.

Nate's going to fly the coop in 2006 or demand a $175 million contract.

We haven't been in the playoffs for five years now.

Nobody outside of Buffalo gives a damn about the Bills.

The League won't stop with their super secret negotiations with several named and unnamed officials from several named and unnamed cities about moving the Bills out of state.

Sure, the JESTS get a $6 Billion stadium, and what do we get? - a bubble tent.

We're DOOMED!

Gawd, I hate the off-season.

There is nothing wrong with some enthusiastic, positive thoughts concerning our little football team. Whether is justified or not, it's quite the refreshing read with the draft coming tomorrow. This is the time of year when all fans can feel good about their respective teams. Why is that so wrong ?

Im pretty conservative when it comes to things like this. Show me first type of deal. But I have to say that im getting more positive the more I read about him. The article that someone posted here yesterday by Mel Kiper was very encouraging. I have to say that im excited about the Bills upcoming season as well. Im not as confident as Promo about the Bills prospects in New England, but I do think there are good things on the way.

Stop it. Stop it now.

Our backup RB is a canker and more eager to be traded than to meet a room full of 14-year-old girls.

We're not on MNF again (what else is new. Oh, Al Michaels! What can we do to get out of Purgatory?)

The League won't stop with their super secret negotiations with several named and unnamed officials from several named and unnamed cities about moving the Bills out of state.

We're DOOMED!

312355[/snapback]

You Rudi-wannabe, get back in your cage!

My positive predictions for 2005...

The weather will be sunny and warm for the home opener!

Big Cat will surprise his critics. 3000 yards passing, 19 TD's, 14 INT's, 500 yards rushing & 4 rushing TD's

Lindell will be improved to the point where the coaching staff has confidence in him making FG's over 40 yards. 0:)

The Bills will finish 10-6 and get in as a wild card.

TD will convince NC to sign a contract extension before the season starts averaging 6.5 million per year for 4 years(wishful thinking).

WM has 20 "highlight reel" straight arms on his way to his first Pro Bowl season.

I believe we are going to be in for some of the most exciting football we have seen in some time in Buffalo.  Losman just exudes confidence.  Did Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, or any Bills QB since Jim Kelly show that kind of swagger?  Bledsoe didn't have swagger.  He said the right things, but no swagger.

It may take a few games but I think Losman is going to emerge in a big way.  He will make the offense better.  He will open our eyes as to what was missing under Drew Bledsoe.

312318[/snapback]

I have to agree. At another "neutral" board (ie not a Bills forum) I post on, somebody started a Losman thread and everyone said he was a cocky punk with an attitude problem. I actually felt good about that. I can tell other fans' are scared he's going to be a player.

the key to a good season is as follows (and this list is in no particualr order):

1) health.

Luck must keep the key players healthy (mcgahee, spikes, clements, mike Williams, moulds and fletcher)

2) depth.

must be able to play. Injuries are part of the game, all the winner ask for the 2nd stingers to be ready to play when needed (ie, pats, green bay in the past, eagles, etc)

3) one or two guys have to have break out years.

You need to have two or three guys who play to all pro level and carry the team for many of the must win games. Game breakers are the edge rushers who can get sacks, cbs who get interceptions, rbs who break long runs off, wrs who run past corners on posts or pk who kick long field goals with 90% accuracy.

4) a solid PK.

How many games are won with a PK? Tons. Key position. Look at the points they score each year. JP will struggle in the redzone, as all rookies do. The field is shortened.

5) no mistakes late in games by JP

rookie qbs maybe be glamorous, but they make mistakes late in games. Most nfl games are won in the 4th quarter. Game planning by mularky will require keeping consistant with calls and easy calls for jp. double TE blocking will be paramount 3rd and shorts - 1990-2000 pitt steelers style ball.

Stop it. Stop it now.

We're DOOMED!

312355[/snapback]

On the bright side of things, Mike Tice can get you a great deal on Super Bowl tickets.

first of all.... predictions are like hemmoroids. every !@#$ has them.

I'm sitting back and predicting only that the bills will play their 16 scheduled games. All it takes is another freak thing like the Troy Vincent one in training camp or an EM groin pull, A WM ankle sprain (or worse) and a prediction quickly goes up in flames.

The fact that Sam Adams is now rendered completely useless without an extremely competent DT next to him should be reason enough to keep everyone's clam shut about predictions. This #2 ranked defense did not shut down a single above .500 team... except for the Jets... who essentially played most of that game with Chad Pnnington minus his right arm... and I'd hardly say that Bills D shut the Jets down.

Everyone predicts positive things... and then they never happen. How the hell can we get off this stupid treadmill?

312355[/snapback]

Classics 0:)

So, I hear Dennis Green is calling TH the best backup RB in the league. Hey, we need a backup RB, I think we should swap 2nd rounders for him! :)

4) a solid PK. 

How many games are won with a PK?  Tons.  Key position.  Look at the points they score each year.  JP will struggle in the redzone, as all rookies do.  The field is shortened.

312664[/snapback]

Evidenced by the fact that without the best FG kicker in the league today the current version of the Patriots are nothing more than the current version of the Eagles- good regular season production and no rings.