On ESPN Radio today

Frez

It sounded like the Cards have made their minds up about Henry. They said Dennis Green doesn't like other teams rejects and will probably draft a RB or make a trade with the Vikings for Bennet. The only REAL chance the the Bills have with trading Henry is with the Eagles and maybe the Bucs.

It sounded like the Cards have made their minds up about Henry. They said Dennis Green doesn't like other teams rejects and will probably draft a RB or make a trade with the Vikings for Bennet. The only REAL chance the the Bills have with trading Henry is with the Eagles and maybe the Bucs.

312078[/snapback]

That definetly seals it,,, Denni really wants Travis. Its all bs posturing before the draft. Guaranteed they make a hard push for him now.

That definetly seals it,,, Denni really wants Travis. Its all bs posturing before the draft. Guaranteed they make a hard push for him now.

312080[/snapback]

I think it was Peter King doing the talking, wasn't exactly sure who the guest was.

312078[/snapback]

you forgot rule #1 -- nobody is telling the truth. when are you guys going to stop believing what coaches and GMs are saying before the draft? :rolleyes:

312078[/snapback]

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, if Dennis Green "doesn't like other teams' rejects" then why would he want Bennett??? It's not like TH was cut and left on the NFL scrap heap. If that's what DG really said, then he's a bigger fuggin' moron than he already comes across as.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, if Dennis Green "doesn't like other teams' rejects" then why would he want Bennett??? It's not like TH was cut and left on the NFL scrap heap. If that's what DG really said, then he's a bigger fuggin' moron than he already comes across as.

312088[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dennis Green draft Michael Bennett? :rolleyes:

312078[/snapback]

LMAO! :rolleyes:

If Green really said that he's stupider than we think he is. If Bennett were traded, he wouldn't be considered his team's reject? How is that different from Travis?

312088[/snapback]

LOL, I didn't ready any replies before I posted. It's great to see others thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

you forgot rule #1 -- nobody is telling the truth.  when are you guys going to stop believing what coaches and GMs are saying before the draft?  :rolleyes:

312084[/snapback]

True, but I don't know that anybody flat-out lies. They say stuff like 'we're looking at other options' or 'he is not a priority.' You can't say publically a guy is a reject, sign him, and then tell the fans he's the answer to your problems. That bridge is burnt for marketing purposes.

So I guess it hinges on whether Green actually said that or not.

On this line of thinking, does anybody know of any cases where a coach said firmly that such-and-such a player wasn't good enough to play for them, and then did a 180?

you forgot rule #1 -- nobody is telling the truth.  when are you guys going to stop believing what coaches and GMs are saying before the draft?  :rolleyes:

312084[/snapback]

48 hours before the draft... all we know for sure is Eli Manning will not be in a San Diego uniform next season.

312084[/snapback]

I agree, it's simply posturing on Green's part.

On this line of thinking, does anybody know of any cases where a coach said firmly that such-and-such a player wasn't good enough to play for them, and then did a 180?

312141[/snapback]

that's the whole freaking point. nobody speaks in extremes like "we have to have this guy" or "so-and-so stinks." everything is wishy-washy and subject to interpretation. the teams float rumors to make other teams think they're more interested in a particular player than they really are. the weeks leading up to the NFL draft are full of nothing but gamesmanship and subterfuge.

i simply can't believe that some people would take what a head coach says to the national media two days before the draft as an indication of ANYTHING.