Going to Rochester this weekend

There's not much out that way. (Back in the days when ESL and Thomas Creek didn't exist, we used to have to take 45-minute bus rides out to Lakeshore from Penfield just to get ice time for hockey practice.)

I suppose you ought to check out Charlotte and look at the ferry and the new bridge... is the Penny Arcade still open, anyone know?

There are some good bars up in Charlotte, right near where you will be playing. The Fast Ferry is docked over there too, if you want to see a big ass boat.

Penny Arcade (if you like live rock music)

Nola's BBQ right next door

Mr. Dominics (biker bar)

The Woodshed (another biker bar)

Pelican's Nest

Olaughlin's (on the other side of the river in Irondequoit, but worth the short trip)

There are a few more, but they slip my mind. You can also go down to High Falls, which isn't too far either.

McFadden's

Tiki Bob's

Bru

Jimmy Mac's

Who in the hell was your bus driver, Ray Charles?

That's a 15 minute ride with traffic.

311819[/snapback]

No it's not, and especially not in the winter during hockey season. You kidding me? 441 to 590 to Lakeshore Blvd through Durand to Pattonwood over the old Stutson Bridge (not like now where it's a straight shot to the Parkway) to Lake Ave to the Parkway to Greenleaf to Lakeshore?

It might not be 45 but it's a hell of a lot closer to 45 than 15.

No it's not, and especially not in the winter during hockey season.  You kidding me?  441 to 590 to Lakeshore Blvd through Durand to Pattonwood over the old Stutson Bridge (not like now where it's a straight shot to the Parkway) to Lake Ave to the Parkway to Greenleaf to Lakeshore?

It might not be 45 but it's a hell of a lot closer to 45 than 15.

311838[/snapback]

Allright, let's split the difference and call it a 30 minute drive. :huh:

I'm in Pittsford and I know you can get just about anywhere you need to around here in about 15-20 minutes. Longer in the winter, as you said. I've also been driving professionally for 17 years and know all the shortcuts. :huh:

There is a bar called Overtime's sports bar at the corner of Dewey ave. and Ling rd. It is 2 minutes from the hockey rink. Not really much of a sports bar but good bar food and drink. I just had a steak sandwich and beer battered french fries last week. (good stuff)

It used to be called the spur of the moment.

Allright, let's split the difference and call it a 30 minute drive.  :huh:

I'm in Pittsford and I know you can get just about anywhere you need to around here in about 15-20 minutes.  Longer in the winter, as you said.  I've also been driving professionally for 17 years and know all the shortcuts.  :w00t:

311868[/snapback]

Fair enough. :huh:

I live in Pittsford too and one of the reasons I moved here was that, even though I loved Penfield, I couldn't stomach the thought of driving 441 for the rest of my life.

Fair enough.  :huh:

I live in Pittsford too and one of the reasons I moved here was that, even though I loved Penfield, I couldn't stomach the thought of driving 441 for the rest of my life.

311878[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I have to deliver to Linden Oaks office park once in a while and it sucks.