First teacher who became political in class?

Golden Goat

Curious as to when y'all first experienced a teacher who tried to push political beliefs on the class.

Grades 1-6: Queens, NY (not one)
Grades 7-9: Central Jersey (not one)

Grades 10-12: Boca Raton, FL (not one)

University of Missouri-Columbia: Holy crap, Batman!

Looking back -- given that I attended grade school in AOC's district -- I'm surprised it took that long. 

Edited by Golden Goat

To give some context we are talking a few decades ago.  No off topic discussion of politics during social studies class whatsoever.  No general mention of current politics regardless of class at all K-12.  I was too young when Watergate was happening so I don't know if anything was mentioned to high school students at that time.  I did suspect a couple of teachers being liberal even as a young kid given clothing choices, hairstyles, and/or expressions used.

Freshmen year of college was not too bad.  A micro-economics instructor gauged the class in terms if you liked the early years of MASH (television program) or the later years (God help you).  A literature instructor was heavily into counter-culture movies such as Easy Rider.  A few anti-Reagan instructors.

Cornell.  The business-ag school was fairly politics free but I would guess that my curriculum adviser was a Republican as he brought in people such as WNY's Barber Conable to speak.  TA's such those for World Geography (for food distribution) were liberal.  Had a JFK administration bureaucrat for one marketing class and I would guess that he was a Democrat but conservative.  He gave interesting insights as to the reach of the US government including the CIA back then through the world in terms of measuring natural resources of the Soviet Union and China and how the US could exploit that.  Electives outside of my normal surrounding were heavily liberal.  If you were lucky you got warned by someone not to wear baseball caps that said Mack Trucks or tee shirts that said Chevy on them as they were considered signs of American imperialism.  My uncle gave me a John Deere cap just as a screw them gesture.  

Edited by RochesterRob

The first one I remember clearly was 12th grade AP English. I don’t remember her pushing her beliefs on the class as a whole necessarily, but she was an anti gun liberal who gave me the business regularly for being a hunter and pro 2A. Her nickname for me was gun nut. This was in the Rochester suburbs, mid 2000’s. 

Edited by Chandemonium