Dave & Busters

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is: We're getting a Dave and Busters. 

The bad news is: they're not including pool tables @ the Buffalo location.  Not good. 

Send an email to Dave and Busters and tell them to include Billiards - appreciate it:

Olivia_DeLoach@daveandbusters.com

Dave and Busters

Buffalo News Article

311682[/snapback]

What do you suggest they remove in order to fit in the pool tables? Gaming? Dining?

What do you suggest they remove in order to fit in the pool tables? Gaming? Dining?

311698[/snapback]

Less games.

My company in based in New England and we often hit up the Providence D&B. Pretty nice place - if Providence can support a full operational D&B - so can Buffalo.

The former Jenss/Burlington Store is quite large - has two floors, too.

I'd like to see them have less games - and add pool tables.

Less games.

My company in based in New England and we often hit up the Providence D&B.  Pretty nice place - if Providence can support a full operational D&B - so can Buffalo.

The former Jenss/Burlington Store is quite large - has two floors, too.

I'd like to see them have less games - and add pool tables.

311703[/snapback]

Which do you think would generate more revenue: pool tables or games?

They probably do not think the location can support a bigger operation. The fact that they are only taking a portion of the building means that they can expand if the business can sustain it.

I went to the one in Philly for my boy's 21st birthday last year. It was HUGE! Great time too. Good for Buffalo.

311713[/snapback]

The one in Philly is nice. Right on the waterfront. It is great to outside on the deck for drinks and music.

Which do you think would generate more revenue: pool tables or games?

They probably do not think the location can support a bigger operation. The fact that they are only taking a portion of the building means that they can expand if the business can sustain it.

311717[/snapback]

The funniest thing is that even though they are coming to Buffalo, which not many business venture to do nowadays, people still gotta find something to B word about. NO POOL TABLES! Tough sh-t.

Great idea, email them and bust their balls about coming to Buffalo. BRILLIANT!

The funniest thing is that even though they are coming to Buffalo, which not many business venture to do nowadays, people still gotta find something to B word about. NO POOL TABLES! Tough sh-t. Great idea, email them and bust their balls about coming to Buffalo. BRILLIANT!

311763[/snapback]

They are not going to go full scale in a city like Buffalo. They will use the smaller versions, which means they need to make decisions on what will generate the most revenue. To put in pool tables, you need to remove something. My guess is that the games bring in more then the pool tables. IIRC, you pay by the game with pool. Well, you can take your time playing and it does not matter how many people play. The cost is the same. With the games, however, you need to pay for each person playing. Plus, you cannot take your time playing. The game dictates the pace, not the player.

Seems like a simple business decision to me.

You make a good point in your post. Be thankful that they are coming to Buffalo at all. Once they are there, support the place. If they receive enough support, then you can talk to them about expanding to include pool tables.

"(They) will be a big time attraction and draw to an entire market due to the simple fact that these markets are generally underserved in great food and fun," Corriveau said.

Well they've obviously never been to a Bills tailgate. :huh:

Anyway, it's good that D&B is coming. I'm surpirsed that an Old Navy left the mall. Their quality is lacking, but it seems like folks are always wearing their stuff.

Not meaning to offend most pool afficianados, but a fair number players are NOT good citizens and with their swearing and egoism and their subtle or overt threats of violence as a matter of course will drive trade away... :huh:

311780[/snapback]

:huh:

Not meaning to offend most pool afficianados, but a fair number players are NOT good citizens and with their swearing and egoism and their subtle or overt threats of violence as a matter of course will drive trade away... :huh:

311780[/snapback]

I never knew Cincy was such a tough town. Be careful out there.

:huh:

311782[/snapback]

If you own the franchise and pay the fees ant the upfront $$$, you will fail if you allow a small portion of your trade to empty out the greater part. Business 101. No problem in a 1000 sq. ft. local gin mill, but a killer if you depend on food sales and families to make the cash register sing, pay the bills and make a profit.

no pool tables doesn't bother me, I think it was over-priced anyway. I just thought it was weird, until I read the article. Now I totally understand. They should never have less video games, that is the whole point of the place. A place for adults to go and play and have fun without dealing with the kids. If they had less games, it would just be another bar/restaurant. More games, more games!!!!

The funniest thing is that even though they are coming to Buffalo, which not many business venture to do nowadays, people still gotta find something to B word about. NO POOL TABLES! Tough sh-t.

Great idea, email them and bust their balls about coming to Buffalo. BRILLIANT!

311763[/snapback]

Listen freak show - I didn't suggest that you write and B word - I simply said send them an eamil ask them to include Billiards.

I wrote them a very nice letter regarding my experience with Dave and Busters and asked that they consider some billiards - They were very nice and responded immediately.

Regarding them picking Buffalo - we should just be grateful and swallow mediocrity?

Get some class man.