Dallas sports writer

RVJ

I guess JP doesn't exist.

If you put Rodgers and Alex Smith in the 2004 draft, they would rank as the fourth and fifth quarterbacks on the board behind Manning, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger.

Travis geat value in the second...

Henry gone?: Speaking of shopping, the Buffalo Bills have been unable to trade running back Travis Henry this off-season. Look for a draft-day deal, though. His value will increase after Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams and Cedric Benson clear the board in the top 10 picks.

Henry is clearly better than the second tier of running backs in this draft. At 26 and with a pair of 1,300-yard seasons under his belt, Henry is better than any back you can draft in the second round and beyond.

Especially Dallas people. They don't want to think that the pick they gave up was worth anything. When the pick they gave up is more valuable than what they got in return. They want to forget that. Everyone in Dallas wants JP to flop.

I think that they will be sadly mistaken.

Hey, who is Dallas got as their starting QB now? Oh yeah, that guy we gave the boot. Who is their backup? Oh yeah, that guy they outbid us for. Hey, who is our starter? The guy we got with their draft pick. I just think it is really funny how many connections there are between the Bills and Cowgirls in the QB slot.

Here's to hoping and believing we're coing out way ahead on all this.

I think people are aware of JP they just like to snub Buffalo.

311902[/snapback]

Here's what the same guy had to say about the Lee Evans pick last year:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...html#draftboard

"The NFL likes big receivers, and there were plenty to be had in the 2004 draft: Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Williams, Michael Clayton.

Lee Evans was the shrimp at 5-10, so he slid, despite the fact he was one of the fastest receivers (4.37) and biggest producers on the board (19.8-yard career average at Wisconsin). Buffalo took him with the 13th overall pick, and he wound up on the NFL all-rookie team with nine touchdowns and a 17.6-yard average.

Mark Clayton is the little guy (5-10) who will slide in the first round of this draft despite his speed (4.40) and college productivity (220 catches and 31 TDs at Oklahoma). The tall guys - Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson and Mike Williams - all could go before him, but don't be surprised if Clayton has the best rookie year of them all. "

IMO, Gosselin's the best NFL columnist not working for a major magazine.