What would be a wonderful doable draft for you

What is your doable dream draft and if you are so bold and knowledgable how can we make it happen?

Believe me, even as a true stats junkie, I find the draft pretty impossible to figure out how to make what I would love to see happen come about because trade possibilities aand the market determining the value of trades shifts and is a black-box to me.

However, I do see some scenarios based on the rumors I hear and us having the resource of Travis Henry tradeable for the best available offer (some say this a 5th rounder, some say this may be a 1st, who knows for sure) that I think the following outcome can probably be done (heck I'm even wiling to trade our 2006 1st round pick at the last minute for the right player).

To me, I will be overjoyed if this draft produces for us:

Matt Jones (maybe with a swap of seconds with AZ but I doubt he drops that far unless everybody is shining folks on in the hopes someone will expend a first on this player who may well fit into pre-existing plans but even worse for most team braintrusts may clearly be a better player at some other position and force them to do the really hated thing of changing their plans). I think the likeliest way to get him is if the market and competition maks someone so desparate for Henry we get a high enough pick for him but this looks unlikely.

David Baas- I'm not sold on Anderson yet and see some real flexibility comes if Teague can make the jump back to LT and Baas provides 2005 potential (though potential simply means you haven't done anything real yet) to deal with either of these issues. If we flip picks with AZ we probably can get him. If not then I hope the combine has given us the confidence to think Spencer can fill this role.

Mike Nugent- I really really doubt this will happen because TD sees the improvement in Rian Lindell in 2004 in his disappointing 2003 work (believe it or not despite his miss of the chip shot he should have hit against Pitts he did improve statisitcally. I think this and his superb performance working with the ST, and a couple of plus 40 yard makes of his coming off the board due to TOs and the cap hit for cutting him will keep him here. However, missing the chip shot still sticks in my craw and if the braintrust were to make the judgment that he can do the ST work well that is actually more important to me than the placekicking I will be psyched if the braintrust makes that judgment (though I am hopeful if not content about us sticking with Lindell for another year and demanding improvement).

Luis Castillo- A bout with steroids in an attempt to be ready for the Combine but seems to be counter to his usual ethic shown in his college career may push him down the draft board where we can get this talented player with a later pick. If he goes to someone early so be it because we will need to depend on Edwards and/or Anderson showing more than they have shown in the past, but if the market drops this player I hope we get him.

Overall, the AZ wildcard is the big one. It actually looks to me like AZ will actually get no takers for Shelton because folks see him as a likely cap casualty and the Bills will have a reasonmable shot at picking him up at no trade cost but the downside is that he doesn't get here until June and misses at least one (if not two) "voluntary" minicamps. However, the pain to me of not doing this trade is actually missing out on the flip of picks with AZ and it becomes incumbent on us to get higher picks using the Henry resource. I'd much rather have a proven vet (even a marginal one that we feel can fill a need) that to take a crapshoot on the draft where a player is unlikely to provide a 2005 contribution unless he is among the 1/3 or so of even 1st round picks who contribute their first year.

Anywho, i would be overjoyed if the draft produced these 4 players for us and uising the Henry resource and potentially even the 2006 #1 this is potentially doable for us. As usual the key to this happening is TD, MM, TC amd JG judging these players to be worth the investment. As neat as the internet buzz makes Jones look I'm still uncertain about this and only those who can talk to him eye to eye and see him work can know this for sure.

What is your doable dream draft and if you are so bold and knowledgable how can we make it happen?

:huh: My eyes :huh:

Let's see. Get a second for Henry straight up, pick up Baas and Nugent. Then have an amazing talent at CB or DE that we pick up as a steal in the 3rd round. Or possibly, pick up Nugent in the 3rd round if he drops that far.

My dream draft starts with the Felons taking Ronnie Brown at #2. Maybe he'll be great, but that's a lot of jack to spend on someone with 'potential", someone who wasn't even the main RB at his school. I smell a flop in the making. :huh:

As for the Bills, I don't really care in this draft. I'll just wait & see what TD does & hope for the best. If anything, I don't want to see any high-risk, Coy Wire-type picks where they'll be playing totally different positions than they're used to. This means you, Matt Jones. :huh:

2nd round- Chris Spencer C- Ole Miss

3rd Round- CJ Mosley - DT Missouri

4th round- Fabian Washington- CB Nebraska

5th round- Courtney Roby- WR Indiana

6th round- David Stewart- OT Mississippi St.

7th round- Billy Bajema- TE Oklahoma state

Just did this on the spot looking at my sporting news draft guide and where they project guys and looking at their 40 times.

My dream draft starts with the Felons taking Ronnie Brown at #2. Maybe he'll be great, but that's a lot of jack to spend on someone with 'potential", someone who wasn't even the main RB at his school. I smell a flop in the making. :huh:

As for the Bills, I don't really care in this draft. I'll just wait & see what TD does & hope for the best. If anything, I don't want to see any high-risk, Coy Wire-type picks where they'll be playing totally different positions than they're used to. This means you, Matt Jones. :huh:

311722[/snapback]

I actually like Ronnie Brown the best of all of the RBs this year I think he is faster than Benson and Cadillac. I think he has more power than Cadillac just based on size. Also I think Benson is going to be trouble for who ever drafts him based on his past.