Brandon Beane interviews 9/7 and 9/8

YoloinOhio

Yep, the Murphy cutting never had any substance to it. And the media and fans even went as far as to suggest that he would STILL get cut after making the initial 53. But all evidence points to the team liking him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think this is a huge year for Milano. He’s going to have to show a healthy consistent year to cash in. His value is much higher to buffalo than as a free agent. I don’t know that he’d be recognized as a high priced free agent. This defense is not the same without him so I hope he can stay, but this is probably the most crucial football he’ll need to play in his life. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think this is a huge year for Milano. He’s going to have to show a healthy consistent year to cash in. His value is much higher to buffalo than as a free agent. I don’t know that he’d be recognized as a high priced free agent. This defense is not the same without him so I hope he can stay, but this is probably the most crucial football he’ll need to play in his life. 

Matt Milano is a good football player.  But he is not the second coming of Ray Lewis and LT combined.  He just is not big and physical enuf at the point of attack.  He is good in coverage and a nice piece to our defense.  But teams don't need to pay the Matt Milano's of the NFL 11-12 million.  That being said, lets hope he takes his game to another level of greatness this year. 

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep, the Murphy cutting never had any substance to it. And the media and fans even went as far as to suggest that he would STILL get cut after making the initial 53. But all evidence points to the team liking him.

Yup, Fans and media gonna fan and media on some player every season. None the less,  it’s always entertaining to watch which player becomes the seasons point of contention as it were, 

3 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

This, to me, screams Matt Milano:

There's really no other upcoming '21 UFAs that'll be expensive.  

Beane doesn't like giving big signing bonuses.  In Milanos case he have have to give him a big one to keep 2021 money as low as possible.  Beane may only want to give him a 4 year contract, but again may need to go with 5 years to spread the money out more to lower it for 2021.