65 members have voted

1. 1. AFC West winner

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Denver Broncos
    • LA Chargers
    • Las Vegas Raiders

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It's a landslide!

Yep, I do think Denver has a nice roster and their D has been one to challenge mahomes ... but will  all come down to Locke. They do have a nice set of young WRs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on Locke? Franchise QB?

Thought he looked really good at the end of last year. Still a lot to prove of course but it was an encouraging cameo. Offensive tackle is the concern for me with that team. Especially with James opting out. 

I like the upgrades that the Broncos and Raiders made, but they aren’t enough.  The chargers losing Derwin james and rivers while starting Tyrod will keep them out of contention

chiefs

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This one seems obvious. I don’t like KC’s defense but I don’t believe in any of the other 3 QBs

C’mon yolo, before I put this down for the day, are you going to do the other divisions. You are da man.  We still have the AFCS, NFCE, NFCS, and NFCW.  Eat you’re wheat ties and get Er dun.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on Locke? Franchise QB?

As a life long Missouri fan, Lock was fun to watch in college.  He has charisma, he has a big arm.  He moves fairly well.  He started 4 years in college and some of the flaws he had then, he still has now, and he's always going to have them.  In alot of ways, he's comparable to Allen...EXCEPT, Lock played with good coaching at top schools his whole life.  So with Allen, theres always been this idea that there was alot of room for improvement....with Lock, I don't know how much more he can improve at this point...

the main flaw Lock has, is that he sucks at timing routes. .....so for example....if the route is 10 yards then a sharp cut out, with the idea the ball should arrive just as the target is making the cut.....lock won't/can't do it.  He will hold that ball until AFTER the target has made that cut and taken a step or 2, negating the advantage gained by the cutting target....allows the defender to recover, and contest the throw, or make a quick tackle, negating YAC.  Lock throws a gorgeous deep ball, that is usually very accurate...and he'll throw that well, even to covered targets..  I think you'll see defenses keep the middle of the field covered and force him to throw outside the numbers...once he has to do this, he is ineffective and very turnover prone.  He also has a GLARING tendancy to roll to the right....so again....he has some easy to detect and defend flaws....that will limit him and the offense.  If we were to overcome these....he has top 10 physical tools.  I don't think he can..he's had years to get this right and still hasn't.  

I was personaly in attendance during his senior year at a game MU vs Kentucky.  UK locked up teh middle of the feild...made him throw outside....and Missouri and Lock produced 8 consecutive 3 and outs to finish out the game.  We'll see..but I'm guessing Lock is one of these guys you'll see the talent and then wonder why the Broncos aren't better....he's an enigma.  Good enough to win with...will cost his team a game or 2 or 3 on his own...and probably won't carry his team any wins on his own.  

• Like (+1) 1