Trade OAK-JETS

Raiders | Continue to Trade - Jolley Sent to Jets; First-round Pick Landed - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:53:12 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders have traded TE Doug Jolley to the New York Jets for the Jets' first-round draft choice, No. 26 overall. It is also believed the Raiders, in addition to Jolley, sent a second-round draft choice to the Jets.

Later,

Pat

I think that the Jets might have reached a bit on this one.

On the other hand, does that mean that local guy Roland Williams might see some PT with the Raiders next year? If so, good for him.

Oh man...please tell me that this is true. A first rounder for Doug Friggin Jolley?

Some of these trades are amazing to me...it makes me think that if TD really wanted to trade Nate Clements (I dont think he does, so dont take this as a trade Nate post), then he'd easily be able to rape a team of a 1st and 2nd rounder. I guess if you find a team desperate enough, you can just boss them around...but man, a first rounder for Doug Jolley? Are the Jets high?

Oh man...please tell me that this is true.  A first rounder for Doug Friggin Jolley?

Some of these trades are amazing to me...it makes me think that if TD really wanted to trade Nate Clements (I dont think he does, so dont take this as a trade Nate post), then he'd easily be able to rape a team of a 1st and 2nd rounder.  I guess if you find a team desperate enough, you can just boss them around...but man, a first rounder for Doug Jolley?  Are the Jets high?

310975[/snapback]

Actually, even though Doug Jolley isnt all that great, it may not be a bad trade for the Jets. They move down half of one round in a draft where a lot of folks think the players 20-40 or 50 pretty equal. They fill their TE need where everyone thought they would take Heath Miller and they get to fill another hole with Oakland's #2.

Actually, even though Doug Jolley isnt all that great, it may not be a bad trade for the Jets. They move down half of one round in a draft where a lot of folks think the players 20-40 or 50 pretty equal. They fill their TE need where everyone thought they would take Heath Miller and they get to fill another hole with Oakland's #2.

311000[/snapback]

i agree - excellent trade. jolley is a very solid pro, he fills a need (now that becht is gone), and the jets don't have to pay as much of a bonus to a guy drafted 8-10 picks later who isn't going to be that different in talent from the #26 pick.

I think that the Jets might have reached a bit on this one.

On the other hand, does that mean that local guy Roland Williams might see some PT with the Raiders next year? If so, good for him.

310973[/snapback]

Teyo Johnson will see the TE action now that Jolley is gone. I think this is a good trade for the Jets. Jolley is a good athlete with good hands. He'll fit in nice with that offense. Pennington, Coles, MaCareins, Jolley with Martin/Blaylock. That's real nice talent. OC Heimerdinger will have many talented options in which to gameplan for.

310973[/snapback]

Actually I believe Roland was released by the Raiders a while ago. Still unemployed as far as I know.

Raiders | Continue to Trade - Jolley Sent to Jets; First-round Pick Landed - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:53:12 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders have traded TE Doug Jolley to the New York Jets for the Jets' first-round draft choice, No. 26 overall. It is also believed the Raiders, in addition to Jolley, sent a second-round draft choice to the Jets.

Later,

Pat

310970[/snapback]

Good news. This is one of the dumbest trades I've seen for a first rounder ever! ;) I wonder if we could trade Josh Reed for their first next year. :w00t:

More than anything, this trade places the true value on a late first round pick in this years draft. The 26th pick = a mediocre tight end.

Any team that tries to use the traditional value chart for draft choices this year is going to get royally screwed (how's it going Washington? :w00t: ).

Please everyone, note that it's not Jolley for a first-rounder straight up.  This is a very misleading thread title.

311123[/snapback]

Yeah, the Jets got a 2nd round pick from the Raiders. So they accepted Jolley(313 rec yards and 2 TDs in 2004) as the price for moving out of the first round.