Magic Number is 40

ROCCEO

If TD can snag a pick in the top 40, i think we are all but assured of grabbing a player with the potential to put in at least a respectable amount of PT this year. I think based on the talent in the draft as well as our depth chart and the needs of other teams make this so. The draft appears to be pretty deep at CB and OL, which is key.

HOWEVER

Drafts are crazy things and GMs often make bad decisions in the heat of the moment(although TD usually keeps his cool on draft day). As a result, players drop, certain positions get raided for 10-15 picks etc.

Hopefully there will be players who drop to us this year with 1st or early 2nd round grades in later rounds.

Previous years examples of guys who were projected to go in the first/early second who fell at least 10-15 spots.

Guys who went later than expected:

2004: Ben TroupeTE (Titans, 40th overall), Randy Starks DT(Titans 71 overall, although his stock has slipped within a few weeks before the draft as other prospects surpassed him with workouts),

2003: G Eric Steinbach(33rd overall, Cincy), OLB Boss Bailey(34th, Lions, he was projected by most to be picked at #13 by the rams that year), Chris Kelsay DE(49th, projected to go as high as 14 in some mocks, but a consensus first rounder among draftniks), Jason Witten TE, (69th, Dallas)

These are just af ew examples, but you get my point.

So where do you think the Bills will have to get in order to secure a noteworthy prospect(and who would you like tos ee us draft?)

For the record I like OT Khalif Barnes and OG/C David Baas, I think it would be ideal to draft a guy like that although I also like some of the CBs.