Bubble-like environment a possibility for NFL's postseason, league says

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I find that hard to believe. Where are you going to get 14 (number of playoff teams) fields to practice on, film rooms, training rooms, etc? You can only share so much in the sport of football.

4 division winners plus 2 wild card means you can have 2 bubbles of 6 teams.

With only 2 games per weekend, and possibly no fans, it’s not crazy to manage with an nfl and college stadium and a couple big box hotels that are sitting empty. 

NOLA for example has the Hyatt with like 200,000 sq ft of meeting space adjoining the super dome, and could use Tulanes stadium as an extra practice field for instance. I can

imagine what you could do in Southern California, or Houston/Dallas being even more extensive. 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

4 division winners plus 2 wild card means you can have 2 bubbles of 6 teams.

With only 2 games per weekend, and possibly no fans, it’s not crazy to manage with an nfl and college stadium and a couple big box hotels that are sitting empty. 

NOLA for example has the Hyatt with like 200,000 sq ft of meeting space adjoining the super dome, and could use Tulanes stadium as an extra practice field for instance. I can

imagine what you could do in Southern California, or Houston/Dallas being even more extensive. 

I believe there 7 teams per conference this season.

And what you are describing isn’t exactly a bubble. 

Edited by Beast

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

key players missing week 2 is a lot less dramatic than a franchise qb missing the super bowl.

without large numbers of fans it’s not a huge difference anyway. 

I'm not sure why anyone who has previously tested positive for Covid 19 and gotten over it wouldn't make for a safe fan in the stands IMO. If you think about it finding enough safe fans to fill up  the stands might not be that hard to do by the time playoffs get here. Hell, it might not be that hard to do right now. The well saturated state of Florida's teams should be golden. Along with  Arizona, Texas , New York, California all good states to find safe fans ripe for the pickings.

I'm just saying... 

Edited by Figster

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Could Tampa Bay handle it since the Superbowl is there?  It's pry more feasible in the division round when you have only 8 teams.

Tampa does have. One Bucs Place next to the stadium where there are multiple fields so it can be done, but there is not two monster hotels where they can walk in a tunnel or something right near there.  They are going to have to bus them in from hotels down the block.  

I can see self contained bubbles for the cities of the teams playing at their home. They could sequester the players in a self contained hotel Minimizing outside contact if the NFLPA agrees to it.  The season of experience knowing what works and what doesn’t will dictate what they will do.

3 hours ago, Figster said:

I'm not sure why anyone who has previously tested positive for Covid 19 and gotten over it wouldn't make for a safe fan in the stands IMO. If you think about it finding enough safe fans to fill up  the stands might not be that hard to do by the time playoffs get here. Hell, it might not be that hard to do right now. The well saturated state of Florida's teams should be golden. Along with  Arizona, Texas , New York, California all good states to find safe fans ripe for the pickings.

I'm just saying... 

false positives, uncertainties around immunity and of course the challenges of only being able to buy a ticket with presentation of proof of Covid positivity. 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:51 AM, NoSaint said:

false positives, uncertainties around immunity and of course the challenges of only being able to buy a ticket with presentation of proof of Covid positivity. 

Thanks NoSaint,

for bursting my bubble...

Seriously, you make good points. Everyone who has tested positive and went on to test negative along with being tested for antibodies needs to be well documented and indicated on their drivers license or state ID IMO. God forbid a future 2nd wave of the virus should occur proper documentation and tracking through the next pandemic will give us valuable information. Men and woman who have developed antibodies could play a critical role in many ways going into the future IMO 

and just like that my fan fruit ripe for the pickings could be back in business.

A study on how the Covid 19 positve case load stands up and cheers in real time...

The herd circling the herd...

One Buffalo strong... 

Edited by Figster