This is enough to make me turn Democrat!

ASCI

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK IT boy, sure you will loser.  You’re just a stock-picking machine and a scary genius, LOL.  Put your money where your mouth is, why don’t you list all the stocks you own so I can have something to laugh at in a few months.

312025[/snapback]

I'm all cash right now, save some small holdings in the steel industry in a company you've never heard of and wouldn't know what to do with anyway.

And someone who was dumb enough to believe WorldCom was undervalued shouldn't be throwing stones. :rolleyes: I love investors like you. People like you are the reason people like me make money in the market.

I'm all cash right now, save some small holdings in the steel industry in a company you've never heard of and wouldn't know what to do with anyway.

And someone who was dumb enough to believe WorldCom was undervalued shouldn't be throwing stones.  :rolleyes:  I love investors like you.  People like you are the reason people like me make money in the market.

312051[/snapback]

Yeah right, way to chicken out you know I’d own your ass if you listed the stocks you own. You are such a DA even Warren Buffett owned WorldCom at one time, you must be better then him right,lol

Yeah right, way to chicken out you know I’d own your ass if you listed the stocks you own.  You are such a DA even Warren Buffett owned WorldCom at one time, you must be better then him right,lol

312067[/snapback]

Yeah, because Warren Buffett is completely infallible and has never missed on anything in the market. Well, unless you read his books where he talks about his mistakes. :rolleyes:

You're not making yourself look any smarter by continuing down this path. I wouldn't open up my portfolio on the internet to prove my financial savvy, either.

Yeah right, way to chicken out you know I’d own your ass if you listed the stocks you own.  You are such a DA even Warren Buffett owned WorldCom at one time, you must be better then him right,lol

312067[/snapback]

I told you, nutjob...mostly cash with limited exposure to steel (specifically, scrap steel recycling). But if you think I'm going to say "Well, I own 2000 share of Olympic, and 3000 in US Steel, and 50 May calls at 45 in Nucor..." you're either drunk or stupid. Or both.

As for Buffett...I don't really care what he owns. He's got precisely !@#$-all to do with my finances. But hey, if you feel compelled to absolve yourself of responsibility for your bad decisions with "Well...Warren Buffett did it too!"...well, like I said, people like you are the reason people like me make money in the markets.

This the problem with the internet in general, it’s like Halloween for morons, any blowhard (not anyone on this board of course) living in a trailer (which there is nothing wrong with), typing on a commodore 64 can pretend that they are a fabulous stock picking tycoon

Much better stock pickers then you and me were taken by WorldCom BECAUSE THEY LIED ABOUT THEIR COMPANY, on the books the company looked like a Ferrari but in reality was a beat-up Ford Pinto, but you were the only one smart enough to know about WorldCom’s conspiracy, securities fraud and false regulatory filings and massive accounting fraud before any other mortal knew about it. $11 billion in fraudulent accounting entries and those were the number represented in their annual report, which I read.

Much better stock pickers then you and me were taken by WorldCom BECAUSE THEY LIED ABOUT THEIR COMPANY, on the books the company looked like a Ferrari but in reality was a beat-up Ford Pinto, but you were the only one smart enough to know about WorldCom’s conspiracy, securities fraud and false regulatory filings and massive accounting fraud before any other mortal knew about it. $11 billion in fraudulent accounting entries and those were the number represented in their annual report, which I read.

312453[/snapback]

No, they were taken beacause they ignored the obvious warning signs that WorldCom was not a healthy company in favor of the smoke-and-mirrors game everyone was buying. There's a basic principle at work amongst professionals: they don't want to look stupid amongst their own kind. That creates a herd mentality where, if enough people get together and say a bad idea isn't, everyone else is compelled to go along. Thus, professionals are frequently blinded to the obvious like WorldCom was a dog**** company, or DrKoop.com raising $400M in an IPO was overpriced by a factor of maybe 100, or Enron's business model was at best a fraud no matter how much cash it claimed to generate. People who worry about looking stupid frequently do stupid things to avoid it.

But you and I don't have that problem. Since I don't answer to anyone, I don't worry about looking stupid. And you seem to take a perverse pleasure in it.

I should know better then to then to try to have a rational argument with the ill rational. Blame the fraud victim for being cheated. WorldCom was a great investment on the books and I would be still be buying and selling their stock today if everything they reported were true I made a lot of money with them in the beginning.

I bet you blame rape victims for being raped too. Lets see how this works she failed to see the “obvious warning signs” or she “feels compelled to absolve herself of responsibility for her bad decisions” that’s why she got raped.

BTW buying US steel is a boneheaded move ever since Bush tried his protectionist scheme and failed.

End of dancing with an idiot. You should get out of the double wide once in a while.

You should get out of the double wide once in a while.

312637[/snapback]

Gotta love when we get all the way down to the "double wide" comments about people you don't even know. I think there is a yahoo message board that's missing you.

I should know better then to then to try to have a rational argument with the ill rational.  Blame the fraud victim for being cheated.  WorldCom was a great investment on the books and I would be still be buying and selling their stock today if everything they reported were true I made a lot of money with them in the beginning. 

I bet you blame rape victims for being raped too.  Lets see how this works she failed to see the “obvious warning signs” or she “feels compelled to absolve herself of responsibility for her bad decisions” that’s why she got raped.

BTW buying US steel is a boneheaded move ever since Bush tried his protectionist scheme and failed.

End of dancing with an idiot.  You should get out of the double wide once in a while.

312637[/snapback]

Who said I own US Steel? As I said...why the hell should I share the details of my portfolio with you? And anyway, despite your incessant whining about Bush's position on steel tarriffs...US Steel's tripled since he took office. 0:) Like I keep saying...people like you are the reason people like me make money in the markets. :)

And your rape victim analogy is crass and stupid. You weren't raped...you made a conscious decision to follow the crowd (you're probably one of those losers who rode WorldCom down into the single digits, telling yourself "It'll come back...it has to come back!"), and it bit you in the ass, and now you're trying to blame someone else for your failure, as part-owner of the company, to exercise proper oversight of your investment. I don't hold Bernie Ebbers blameless - far from it, in fact. But your being a whiny little crybaby about it isn't going to win you any sympathy.

So what are you invested in now, anyway? Buggy whips? Maytag looks good today...after all, it can't go to zero...

312067[/snapback]

Your continued ignorance of the workings of securities markets, and arguments to the contrary, are laughable, at best. Who gives a damn if Warren Buffet owned WCOM at one time. Chances are that he didn't own an iota of Worldcom stock past year 2000, if he owned it at all, given his disdain for tech stocks.

If you're such a savvy investor, then this story certainly should have caught your eye well before the scandal hit. Worldcom stock was trading in the $2-$3 dollar range just BEFORE the accounting fraud was revealed in 2002, a tad off its $60 high in 1999. So blaming Bernie Ebbers' fraud for holding onto a bubble stock well past the bubble is a little game of blame shifting. If anyone should have a big beef with Bernie's shenanigans, it's the debtholders, and that's why they own the company now.

But keep telling yourself that you know what's going on and that you were blindsighted.

If you guys think you’re smarter, hipper and so much more sophisticated then me then why are you responding to my comments, LOL. Truth is you are a bunch of meat headed football fan flame monkeys with nothing better to do then to try to put me down to make yourselves feel not so empty.

If you guys think you’re smarter, hipper and so much more sophisticated to me then why are you responding to my comments, LOL.  Truth is you are a bunch of meat headed football fan flame monkeys with nothing better to do then to try to put down me down to make themselves feel not so empty.

312752[/snapback]

If you're so much smarter than me, then why are you the one getting into a sh---fight with a crap throwing monkey? :)

While I was telling you how much of an idiot you are this morning, I also made an easy couple thousand trading (Forward Technologies and Google). How'd you do? 0:)

If you're so much smarter than me, then why are you the one getting into a sh---fight with a crap throwing monkey?  :)

While I was telling you how much of an idiot you are this morning, I also made an easy couple thousand trading (Forward Technologies and Google).  How'd you do?  :)

312795[/snapback]

Who are you?

You sound vaguely familar?

0:)

Truth is you are a bunch of meat headed football fan flame monkeys with nothing better to do then to try to put  me down to make yourselves feel not so empty.

312752[/snapback]

I like to consider myself half-full, but that's just me.