This is enough to make me turn Democrat!

ASCI

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about?? I owned WorldCom stock (IRA) in good faith that the company was on the up and up on reporting their financial situation correctly. Guess what they were crooks and took my money. Do you think I’ll ever see a repayment??? NOOOO, the big business creditors only looking out for themselves now own the company. Who’s looking out for me? Tommy’s not, lets face it the little guy gets pissed on. Oh, I could join the class action suit and maybe get a whole $3 dollars for my troubles the fat cat lawyers will get the lions share. The least they could do is give me free phone service, but NOOOOO!

For leading MCI Inc. out of bankruptcy proceedings, the company's board awarded Michael Capellas $6.6 million in salary and bonus and another $18 million of restricted stock in 2004

Oh yeah that’s real fair, If they can pay Bonehead Capellas that kind of money for scratching his balls they can sure as hell repay me, but NOOOOOO! Where the F’s Tommy Delay????

BTW, are you some kind of robber baron tycoon protecting your interest in WorldCom?

What the hell are you talking about??  I owned WorldCom stock (IRA) in good faith that the company was on the up and up on reporting their financial situation correctly.  Guess what they were crooks and took my money. Do you think I’ll ever see a repayment??? NOOOO, the big business creditors only looking out for themselves now own the company.  Who’s looking out for me? Tommy’s not, lets face it the little guy gets pissed on.  Oh, I could join the class action suit and maybe get a whole $3 dollars for my troubles the fat cat lawyers will get the lions share.  The least they could do is give me free phone service, but NOOOOO!

Oh yeah that’s real fair, If they can pay Bonehead Capellas that kind of money for scratching his balls they can sure as hell repay me, but NOOOOOO! Where the F’s Tommy Delay????

BTW, are you some kind of robber baron tycoon protecting your interest in WorldCom?

311903[/snapback]

Actually, it's probably not WorldCom that got your money. You didn't give them a loan, you purchased part of the company...and most likely, from someone else.

Of course, you probably won't understand the difference between loaning someone money and buying a share of an asset from them...which is a pretty clear indicator that you probably shouldn't be investing.

One also wonders why you owned WorldCom to begin with. That company had a long history of being a dog**** shell of a real business long before it collapsed. Next time, do your homework on the companies you buy. Management may have committed fraud, but you were the one that bought the stock.

Actually, it's probably not WorldCom that got your money.  You didn't give them a loan, you purchased part of the company...and most likely, from someone else. 

Of course, you probably won't understand the difference between loaning someone money and buying a share of an asset from them...which is a pretty clear indicator that you probably shouldn't be investing.

One also wonders why you owned WorldCom to begin with.  That company had a long history of being a dog**** shell of a real business long before it collapsed.  Next time,  do your homework on the companies you buy.  Management may have committed fraud, but you were the one that bought the stock.

311917[/snapback]

what a dick you are! I did my homework base on the fake numbers WorldCom gave us and I and all the anal-lysts thought they were undervalued at the time. Buy the time all the shiit hit the fan all the big money (inside track) got out before I could even start to pull the trigger. The big money always screws the little guys. I only buy index funds and dividend paying stocks now.

what a dick you are!  I did my homework base on the fake numbers WorldCom gave us and I and all the anal-lysts thought they were undervalued at the time.  Buy the time all the shiit hit the fan all the big money (inside track) got out before I could even start to pull the trigger.  The big money always screws the little guys.  I only buy index funds and dividend paying stocks now.

311940[/snapback]

So you bought the bill of goods they sold you, and it's their fault. How is it that I looked at the same bill of goods and said "Geez, this company is crap...too much debt, not enough equity, and horribly overvalued."?

Yes, management committed fraud...but take responsibility for your own mistakes at the same time. You made a bad decision. Live with it.

So you bought the bill of goods they sold you, and it's their fault.  How is it that I looked at the same bill of goods and said "Geez, this company is crap...too much debt, not enough equity, and horribly overvalued."? 

Yes, management committed fraud...but take responsibility for your own mistakes at the same time.  You made a bad decision.  Live with it.

311945[/snapback]

Wait. I thought the role of the government is to protect people from themselves? It removes that pesky "personal responsibility" thingy LABillzFan keeps talking about.

What if you went to Wal-Mart to buy what had been advertised as a watch, got it home opened it up and found a lump of dog shiit instead. Would you go back the Wal-Mart to get your money back or would sit there and eat it blaming yourself for believing what was FRAUDULENTLY advertised?

Wait. I thought the role of the government is to protect people from themselves? It removes that pesky "personal responsibility" thingy LABillzFan keeps talking about.

311952[/snapback]

While I'm willing to accept that government has a role in requiring companies to not commit fraud...that acceptance doesn't extend to listening to people whine "Big Bad Wall Street took my money!" who have little if any idea how the process works.

BTW, Newbie...that analysts work for brokerages. It's their job to support the sales force, not the individual investor. If you bought because the analysts told you to...go to Vegas and hit the craps table instead next time. The odds are better. If, on the other hand, you bought on your own analysis...we live in an imperfect world, better luck next time, hope you're double-checking your analysis as strenuously as you're bitching about the management you had every right to vote out...

This really T’s me off.  :huh:  :huh:

Tom Delay all worried about “Stopping Abuse, Protecting Consumers” from bankrupts by toughening the requirements for declaring bankruptcy.  He’s not protecting anyone but big business. 

If he really cared about Stopping Abuse and Protecting Consumers he’d get tough on businesses like Worldcom and Enron.  Companies like these are much bigger abusers of the public good.

http://www.majorityleader.gov/News.asp?For...e=Detail&ID=420

310491[/snapback]

reading thru this thread, i kinda think you had already turned democrat long before yesterday....

HOW CAN YOU PLAY FOOTBALL IF ONE SIDE IS NOT PLAYING BY THE RULES???

311962[/snapback]

That is what the referee (SEC) is for. They punish the teams not playing by the rules.

What if you went to Wal-Mart to buy what had been advertised as a watch, got it home opened it up and found a lump of dog shiit instead.  Would you go back the Wal-Mart to get your money back or would sit there and eat it blaming yourself for believing what was FRAUDULENTLY advertised?

311957[/snapback]

Most of us would check to make sure we were getting a watch BEFORE we left the store. :huh:

Most of us would also go get our money back, and not B word that the laws punishing people who pass off dog sh-- as watches are too weak because we were dumb enough to be taken in by it.

311952[/snapback]

But they sent me all those Master Card applications in the mail and now I have 9 maxed out cards that I can't repay. What was I supposed to do, just throw them away?!?!?! :huh:

But they sent me all those Master Card applications in the mail and now I have 9 maxed out cards that I can't repay.  What was I supposed to do, just throw them away?!?!?!  :huh:

311987[/snapback]

Blame Tom DeLay for not writing legislation to protect you. It is not like there are 434 other Representatives and 100 Senators who could have done that as well. It is all DeLay's fault.

While I'm willing to accept that government has a role in requiring companies to not commit fraud...that acceptance doesn't extend to listening to people whine "Big Bad Wall Street took my money!" who have little if any idea how the process works.

Ok, you remember that when they ship out your IT job to India, where they work longer harder and cheaper then you.

Ok, you remember that when they ship out your IT job to India, where they work longer harder and cheaper then you.

311998[/snapback]

What, now Bernie Ebbers stole your stock and shipped it to India?

Aside from that being one of the most egregious non-sequitors in recent memory of the board...by then, I'll be sitting on a beach sipping mai-tais watching my portfolio earn 20%. That's because I manage my money, and don't trust Wall Street to do what's best for me.

What, now Bernie Ebbers stole your stock and shipped it to India? 

Aside from that being one of the most egregious non-sequitors in recent memory of the board...by then, I'll be sitting on a beach sipping mai-tais watching my portfolio earn 20%.  That's because I manage my money, and don't trust Wall Street to do what's best for me.

312006[/snapback]

OK IT boy, sure you will loser. You’re just a stock-picking machine and a scary genius, LOL. Put your money where your mouth is, why don’t you list all the stocks you own so I can have something to laugh at in a few months.

reading thru this thread, i kinda think you had already turned democrat long before yesterday....

311970[/snapback]

How dare you call me that! Really!! :rolleyes::P Just because I think for myself and don’t drink the republican kool aid like most on this board does not mean I am not a conservative.