This is enough to make me turn Democrat!

ASCI

This really T’s me off. :D:lol:

Tom Delay all worried about “Stopping Abuse, Protecting Consumers” from bankrupts by toughening the requirements for declaring bankruptcy. He’s not protecting anyone but big business.

If he really cared about Stopping Abuse and Protecting Consumers he’d get tough on businesses like Worldcom and Enron. Companies like these are much bigger abusers of the public good.

http://www.majorityleader.gov/News.asp?For...e=Detail&ID=420

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on having the veil lifted from your eyes. Martha Stewart has served her sentence and Kenny Boy Lay is still roaming around a free man after 4 years...what's with that?

You're looking at a good old boys club in which very few Americans are allowed to participate. If it were just a club that would be ok, but it's the government of this country - which is supposed to be BY us, FOR us. We got lazy and turned it over to people who can't be trusted to care about anyone but their own kind.

If he really cared about Stopping Abuse and Protecting Consumers he’d get tough on businesses like Worldcom and Enron.  Companies like these are much bigger abusers of the public good.

310491[/snapback]

While he's at it, maybe he should prevent all murders, thefts and other illegal activities.

Why do people choose to ignore that executives associated with wrongdoing in companies that had very high level contacts with the Bush administration were tried in court, were found guilty and will be doing serious jail time?

And to Debbie's predictably ridiculous post, care to compare the charges between Martha & Lay and see the difference in the timing of the court action? Last I heard, Lay has been indicted and is awaiting trial. But why bother bringing that up among your tired drivel?

Never had any problems with veils, my x-ray sh-- detector burns right through them.

The Democrats have their own special group of paymasters they are beholden to.

I cannot believe Lay still walks free; and WorldCom shuts down and re-opens as MCI after a slap on the hand.

By my count at least 70 Democrats supported the measure in the House version and 18 supported it in the Senate. It passed both Houses with an unvetoable margin. That's only possible if enough folks from the other side of the aisle support it. BTW, Hillary Clinton didn't vote on this legislation. I wonder why.

But let's pretend the Republicans are the only party that suck.

Why do people choose to ignore that executives associated with wrongdoing in companies that had very high level contacts with the Bush administration were tried in court, were found guilty and will be doing serious jail time?

GG, I don’t see Delay leading the charge to stop this sort of thing in the future. No he has to write laws directed at little guys, the middle class.

But let's pretend the Republicans are the only party that suck

AD, The republicans are in powers right now and could easily write laws to stamp out future corporate abuse. People lost their whole life savings from these dishonest companies. i'd go after the Dems just as hard if they were in power.

GG, I don’t see Delay leading the charge to stop this sort of thing in the future.  No he has to write laws directed at little guys, the middle class.

AD,  The republicans are in powers right now and could easily write laws to stamp out future corporate abuse. People lost their whole life savings from these dishonest companies.  i'd go after the Dems just as hard if they were in power.

310536[/snapback]

When exactly was the Enron scandle? Global Crossing?

Give me a break. Both parties are corrupt as hell and leaving one to join the other is the equivalent of leaving the Manson Family for a stint with Al Qaeda.

AD,  The republicans are in powers right now and could easily write laws to stamp out future corporate abuse. People lost their whole life savings from these dishonest companies.  i'd go after the Dems just as hard if they were in power.

310536[/snapback]

Uhhh...there's already laws meant to stamp out corporate abuse. That's why a lot of these bozos are being tried, convicted, and sent to jail: because they broke the law. So let's pass more laws. I'm sure dishonest CEO's won't break the new ones... :D

I cannot believe you guys a sticking up for the rich and powerful who just as soon spit on you as look at you.

Instead of passing laws to make it tougher on the little guys to file bankruptcy, which I mind you there are already laws on the books for filing fraudulently, why not make it harder for corporations like WorldCom and Enron to file bankruptcy and walks away from the millions of people they ripped off which is the WAY bigger evil.

I cannot believe you guys a sticking up for the rich and powerful who just as soon spit on you as look at you. 

Instead of passing laws to make it tougher on the little guys to file bankruptcy, which I mind you there are already laws on the books for filing fraudulently, why not make it harder for corporations like WorldCom and Enron to file bankruptcy and walks away from the millions of people they ripped off which is the WAY bigger evil.

310609[/snapback]

Well, you have the power to change things. Contact your representatives and get a bill written.

You can sit around and B word, or you can take action. The decision is yours.

310609[/snapback]

Fantastic class warfare post!

Rich people= evil; poor people = good.

Right.

Fantastic class warfare post!

Rich people= evil; poor people = good.

Right.

310623[/snapback]

I don't think that's what he meant. Rather, I think what he meant was that if they were changing the Chapter 7 and 13 provisions of the code, they should have also redone Chapter 11.

I don't think that's what he meant. Rather, I think  what he meant was that if they were changing the Chapter 7 and 13 provisions of the code, they should have also redone Chapter 11.

310639[/snapback]

Sure, because that would have been much tougher to type. But thanks for giving him an out. He owe you money? :D

I fuggin wish.

Dude, come to the Sandy Eggo tailgate. I was too drunk the time you showed up to the home opener, don't remember meeting you. :D

310664[/snapback]

We're talking about it as a group - we'll start planning it amongst ourselves on Saturday at the draft. The good thing is the guy who manages our Billsbacker's bar is from SD and has all the hookups.